By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Seal Clubbing is a sick tradition and it must end!

Teeqoz said:
IsawYoshi said:

In norway it seems to be hakapik and slagkrok that is legal, the pictures I get from slagkrok makes it seem very much like a hakapik. 

There also seems to be regulation on the length of the blund and spiky end to ensure that these tools works properly. 

A baseball bat with spikes sounds bad though, so I'm hoping that's something that actually doesn't happen. :P 

Yeah, in Norway a baseball bat definitely wouldn't cut it, but I do think it might be allowed in Canada, but I may be wrong here.

In an effort to minimize inhumane treatment, the Canadian government mandates that seals can only be killed using a high-powered rifle or shotgun, a club or a hunting tool called a hakapik.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2015/04/20/canada-baby-seals-killed_n_7087092.html

Seems it isn't, but it might have been for a while though. Good to see it isn't anymore though :P

Around the Network
IsawYoshi said:
Teeqoz said:

Yeah, in Norway a baseball bat definitely wouldn't cut it, but I do think it might be allowed in Canada, but I may be wrong here.

In an effort to minimize inhumane treatment, the Canadian government mandates that seals can only be killed using a high-powered rifle or shotgun, a club or a hunting tool called a hakapik.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2015/04/20/canada-baby-seals-killed_n_7087092.html

Seems it isn't, but it might have been for a while though. Good to see it isn't anymore though :P

Call it whatever you want, but it's a woden device with a spike at the end. It's still a bat. So if I take a bat and carve a design in it I can rename it too?

Reputation proceeds me, they told you I'm crazy, I swear I don't love the drama it loves me <3

BUY TAYLOR'S NEW ALBUM REPUTATION!!

Ps3 said:
IsawYoshi said:

Good for you then! But to be exact here, it is not okay that dogs are kept in the same cage, it is however completely fine that chickens are kept in pens like this?

I can see why you think that way though, I mean, it's not like chickens have feelings or anything. Feelings is something only cute animals have. 

Well, most chickens aren't valued as family members by most people like dogs, cats, mini pigs, seals, and ferrets are. I'm not saying it's okay, but seals aren't kept in cages, so I don't know how this makes an argument. Perhaps you can explain that?

Chickens are kind of cute....

Not sure what families you have met that looks at seals as family members. They aren't, unlike dogs and chickens, domesticated and are for that reason not kept as pets.

I know plenty of people that have had chickens as pets, much like dogs. Not as popular as dogs and cats though, but it does happen. I'm talking about cages because you complained about a dog festival in china where they kept the dogs in cages. 

Yes, they are, aren't they ;D

IsawYoshi said:
Teeqoz said:

Depends on what you classify as "a club".

Ps3 said:
IsawYoshi said:

Call it whatever you want, but it's a woden device with a spike at the end. It's still a bat. So if I take a bat and carve a design in it I can rename it too?

The hakapik spike destroys the brain and kills the seal instantly (instantly = no pain, which is good, right?). That's what makes it different from a normal bat.

Around the Network
IsawYoshi said:
Ps3 said:

Well, most chickens aren't valued as family members by most people like dogs, cats, mini pigs, seals, and ferrets are. I'm not saying it's okay, but seals aren't kept in cages, so I don't know how this makes an argument. Perhaps you can explain that?

Chickens are kind of cute....

Not sure what families you have met that looks at seals as family members. They aren't, unlike dogs and chickens, domesticated and are for that reason not kept as pets.

I know plenty of people that have had chickens as pets, much like dogs. Not as popular as dogs and cats though, but it does happen. I'm talking about cages because you complained about a dog festival in china where they kept the dogs in cages. 

Yes, they are, aren't they ;D

But they're loved by millions.

I have a chicken as a pet. And that festival is wrong!

I think they are cute for sure.

Reputation proceeds me, they told you I'm crazy, I swear I don't love the drama it loves me <3

Teeqoz said:
Ps3 said:

The hakapik spike destroys the brain and kills the seal instantly (instantly = no pain, which is good, right?). That's what makes it different from a normal bat.

Have you asked the seals if it's painless? I've seen videos of them hit with these devices, and they're ripped of their fur and still breathing and shaking on the floor.

Ps3 said:
IsawYoshi said:

Sorry, I'm not english or american myself so I'm not really sure what you lay in the word bat, I've always looked on it like the thing that the police has and what's used by playing baseball. You spesificly said baseball bat earlier in the thread, so that threw me of a bit. But I appologize for not knowing the exact meaning of the word.

Now, wheter it's a bat or not doesn't really matter, seing as it is the most humane way of doing it. And no, that I say it is doesn't make it so, but the fact that scientist and the experts on the matter say so does make it pretty airtight. The fact that you scoff at this is a problem to me though, because if you had it your way we would end up killing them in a more pretty, but more hurtfull way. I don't think you want that to happen, so it might be an idea to try and look at this once again and try to not get blinded by the fact that it looks pretty brutal (because it does, and I understand why that can convince you that this isn't right) and rather try to understand why this is the best way of doing it.

Ps3 said:
Ganoncrotch said:
Dear god the spam, one whole page of replies is almost by the same person. What the fuck.

It's my first amendment right to speak my mind, and several posts were aimed at me. So I have all the right to reply. Not my fault my threads are popular.

What does that have to do with this forum? or me saying that the spam was real

A topic which makes it to 15 pages long is indeed something fantastically popular... until you look at how one whole page of that is you not clicking on multi quote, if I break my posts into individual words it would seem like I post a lot more as well, but would still be spam on here.

There is no particular rule about it, but really page 10 here http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=226499&page=10 is just you bar one post.

But yeah, first amendment right has nothing to do with anything going on here.

I'm out though, this thread has served all the purpose it possibly could, you don't like something which a culture does, people point out that is something they do, should end there really.

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

Ganoncrotch said:
Ps3 said:

It's my first amendment right to speak my mind, and several posts were aimed at me. So I have all the right to reply. Not my fault my threads are popular.

What does that have to do with this forum? or me saying that the spam was real

A topic which makes it to 15 pages long is indeed something fantastically popular... until you look at how one whole page of that is you not clicking on multi quote, if I break my posts into individual words it would seem like I post a lot more as well, but would still be spam on here.

There is no particular rule about it, but really page 10 here http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=226499&page=10 is just you bar one post.

But yeah, first amendment right has nothing to do with anything going on here.

I'm out though, this thread has served all the purpose it possibly could, you don't like something which a culture does, people point out that is something they do, should end there really.

You're being a hater. And in the words of Taylor I'm gonna shake it off.

If you believe the thread has served it's purpose, then you can kindly make your exit, but we are still in a debate here. I'm on the verge of changing some minds in here.