By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Zelda BotW Screenshot thread

The_Yoda said:
Slarvax said:

The Switch is powerful enough to handle it imo. It just was optimized with Wii U architecture, which is very different from the Switch. Regardless, this game is an achievement in technology no matter how we look at it. This is hardware (Wii U version) a little more powerful than a PS3, a 10 year old system, and this game challenges those on PS4/XBO at least on scope and details/design, and let's not get started in size.  Personally, graphics are perfectly fine at that level, maybe some textures could have looked better or used higher quality. The only problems I find are framerate and some form of screen tearing (or it feels like screen tearing, might be something different) every now and then.

The Blood Moon freaks me out everytime it happens Same with thunderstorms... specially in an island that I found today, with a challenge that makes it much more scary.

Spoiler alert for anyone but Slarvax

You found the island huh?  now that I've looked at the shots animegaming put up I see that the background is different and know why he has clothes. The island is a bitch I spent 45 minutes on that fat bastard and killed him just to get one shotted in the back by an enemy at another pedastal.  Super frustrating.  I finally left to go get at least one more heart before attemptinjg it again.

Lol avoiding spoilers in BotW is a game in itself

Yeah, that is so far the most difficult Shrine in the game. It took me 2 tries and the first try was like 30 minutes running around, but I managed to find a trick and kill the Hinox in the coolest way ever. What I did was I found you could buff yourself before entering the island, so I gave myself 9 extra hearts and drank a speed buff potion. Getting the first 2 orbs was easy, but the Hinox was gonna be impossible when I ran out of arrows and he still hand half his life. So I used Stasis on one of the rocks nearby and managed to send it flying straight at him, which did like 30% damage and knocked him out enough for me to kill with a weapon. So freaking cool. Except thunderstorms. Like 4 thunders landed right next to me while I was there.

Bet with bluedawgs: I say Switch will outsell PS4 in 2018, he says PS4 will outsell Switch. He's now permabanned, but the bet will remain in my sig.

NNID: Slarvax - Steam: Slarvax - Friend Code:  SW 7885-0552-5988

Around the Network
Slarvax said:
The_Yoda said:

Spoiler alert for anyone but Slarvax

You found the island huh?  now that I've looked at the shots animegaming put up I see that the background is different and know why he has clothes. The island is a bitch I spent 45 minutes on that fat bastard and killed him just to get one shotted in the back by an enemy at another pedastal.  Super frustrating.  I finally left to go get at least one more heart before attemptinjg it again.

Lol avoiding spoilers in BotW is a game in itself

Yeah, that is so far the most difficult Shrine in the game. It took me 2 tries and the first try was like 30 minutes running around, but I managed to find a trick and kill the Hinox in the coolest way ever. What I did was I found you could buff yourself before entering the island, so I gave myself 9 extra hearts and drank a speed buff potion. Getting the first 2 orbs was easy, but the Hinox was gonna be impossible when I ran out of arrows and he still hand half his life. So I used Stasis on one of the rocks nearby and managed to send it flying straight at him, which did like 30% damage and knocked him out enough for me to kill with a weapon. So freaking cool. Except thunderstorms. Like 4 thunders landed right next to me while I was there.

I went right before the F-ing blood moon and I wittled away at him with bombs explosive barrels and rocks.

Speaking of islands.

Current gaming platforms - Switch, PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Wii U, New 3DS, PC

JRPGfan said:
animegaming said:

4 screenshots of an epic battle I had. This is from the Switch version docked.

That screenshot has me thinking of Horizon.

Well spotted.  Very similar poses! 

I love the random times of the thunderstorms or the blood moons.

At times it doesn't matter, but there are some times where it's like "oh come on, not now"

I see the pic above where they were on the naked island and thunderstorm. I got the same. Wonder if random or not. But was slowly getting decked out to take on that island and then its like "wtf, really now" I think I died by some stupid bomb of my own anyway. Have to go back.

But one blood moon really annoyed the crap out of me, and took a beating to my inventory. I was doing this side quest where I had to grab some food for a Goron. It was at the bottom of a ravine at death mountain. I ran down there killing all the enemies on the way so that the path would be clear on my way back. The game must have some coding that it loads more enemies when you get down there as part of quest, cause I turn around and there is like 5 of the bigger monsters that take quite a few hits to take down. Meaning going through a weapon or two.

Whatever, I set down food and go and kill the monsters. Run back down and grab food and start my way back up. Not a big hill, should be easy enough. I'm in a hurry though as in front of me rising in the sky I can see the blood moon rising. I know I can make it though. In my rush though, I accidently go up a slightly steeper part, slipping and thus dropping food. Steep hill means food rolls all the way down. I'm paraglide down chasing the food, which rolls into a pool of lava. So have to grab a new piece.

But as I'm paragliding, all of a sudden I see behind me a HUGE boulder rolling down the hill, like the size of the ravines width. I paraglide past the pool of lava and watch the boulder sink in. No idea who how it happened, who rolled it, ect as was chasing food. Just thinking WTF, who did that. Kind of disappointed I was facing wrong way, didn't get to see it as cool Indiana Jones as I wanted. Felt like I luckily escaped death by stupid food.

Needless to say, after dropping the food and having to run back down the blood moon rose and activated before I could go back up the hill. So I had to once again fight the 5 huge beasts and go through another 1-2 weapons. Had like no good weapons left, just the crap those guys dropped.

Those Gorons better have liked their food.

Around the Network

Continueing my slow circumnavigation of the world I ended up with the Rito last night.

Safely off the mountain, looking back at the pass I came down from.

2 hours later, so much to see and do, but more of the mountain in view behind me.

Camping out on top of Rito village after a daring climb, love looking back the the path I came through. Adds so much to the immersion.

One of the many little puzzles hidden around the landscape

Unfortunately I don't have the resources with me for the obvious answer

Finally signs of civilization after days on the mountain.

There's only one reason for that being there

Which is hanging out at my new camping spot

PenguinZ said:

Speaking of islands.

You can actually throw weapons and shields on this island before setting your foot there.

irstupid said:
SegataSanshiro said:

I just saw this. WTF? No it's not a boss nor enemy. It just appeared at random and flew away with Chinese music.

Ha, yea I saw that too. I think i've seen 3 of them now. I have no idea what to do with them. I ran on teh bridge once when one was running over/under it and got shocked to shit by a bunch of lightning attacks.

I don't know if I'm more excited for some sort of boss battle with them, a cool quest, or if they are just a random lore to build the world. I'm fine with any. They are just cool.

You can photograph these and add to get some infos about them in game.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

SvennoJ said:

One of the many little puzzles hidden around the landscape

Unfortunately I don't have the resources with me for the obvious answer

Ha, such easy puzzles those ones. Apples have given me like 20 korok seeds.

Make sure you pick up the apples after given them. Every time I enter Kariko Villige, I run past and grab the four apples that people keep offering. Lol. Always seem to have like 50 apples in my inventory.