By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Zelda BotW Screenshot thread

SvennoJ said:

One of the many little puzzles hidden around the landscape

Unfortunately I don't have the resources with me for the obvious answer

Wait, those statues are puzzles!? Gdi, I've been ignoring them completely all this time. So many Korok seeds probably left behind T-T

Bet with bluedawgs: I say Switch will outsell PS4 in 2018, he says PS4 will outsell Switch. He's now permabanned, but the bet will remain in my sig.

NNID: Slarvax - Steam: Slarvax - Friend Code:  SW 7885-0552-5988

Around the Network
irstupid said:

Ha, such easy puzzles those ones. Apples have given me like 20 korok seeds.

Make sure you pick up the apples after given them. Every time I enter Kariko Villige, I run past and grab the four apples that people keep offering. Lol. Always seem to have like 50 apples in my inventory.

I made delicious apple pie with my apples and other yummie stuff. Damn I should have picked those up so I could at least complete the next one lol.

Slarvax said:

Wait, those statues are puzzles!? Gdi, I've been ignoring them completely all this time. So many Korok seeds probably left behind T-T

Same here. In retrospect I realize that many seemingly random things must have been korok seeds. Anything that seems too regular to exist in nature is suspect. Plug every hole, lift every out of place rock etc. I like the timed flying/climbing challenges, although they do need some extra stamina or speed food to make it. I still have no idea what the seeds are for, yet fun to find them.

Found this on twitter:

Best possible time =  1:05:17.

Its possible to beat this game in 1hour and 5mins.

Venick409 did it in 1hour 24mins.

JRPGfan said:

Found this on twitter:

How do they do the best possible time? They have some computer that can do things perfectly do it or what? Like perfectly running shortest distance, perfectly hitting crits on Ganon. Ect?

irstupid said:
JRPGfan said:

Found this on twitter:

How do they do the best possible time? They have some computer that can do things perfectly do it or what? Like perfectly running shortest distance, perfectly hitting crits on Ganon. Ect?

They do the fight like 20 times, and go "okay this is the fastest time Ive ever beat this boss in" and that becomes what they use as the baseline for the boss / area/ zone ect.

For the speedrun to count, though they cant just reload, and try the boss again and see if they can get it done at the best time possible.

Speedruns count in 1 single go, from start to finish.

That means if he played as well as he could "his own perfect" it would take him 1 hour 5mins.

But humans arnt always perfect and everyone makes mistakes.

So far his best or fastest time to beat BoTW in, is 1 hour and 24mins.

I wouldnt be surprised if a few months from now the time to beat Breath of the Wild is under 1hour for speed runs.

Around the Network

So the whole beat the game in 15 minutes was a pure lie by Nintendo. Those bastards.

But huh, seems takes like 30 minutes even if rushing to finish the tutorial/plateau. Always thought their 15 minutes was a weird statement since all the e3 demo stuff I saw in 2016 and learning it was later the prologue essentially to leave the plateau that there is no way to get to hyrule castle in 15 minutes. Didn't even think you could do the plateau in 15 minuts rushing. Just takes to long to run the huge distances.

You guys should change your HUD to "Pro" mode. It clears up 90% of that display stuff.

Playing this all day today. There were so many times I said "This looks like 90's Disney animation." It really is quite stunning and full of personality. Playing it just makes me smile

why are OP's screenshots so much nicer than other user's lol...

d21lewis said:
You guys should change your HUD to "Pro" mode. It clears up 90% of that display stuff.

Playing this all day today. There were so many times I said "This looks like 90's Disney animation." It really is quite stunning and full of personality. Playing it just makes me smile

I forgot about that, it's not that distracting on a projector :)
It makes me feel like I'm in a Ghibli movie! The characters, landscapes, a dream come true.

Drakrami said:
why are OP's screenshots so much nicer than other user's lol...

Aww thanks lol. I set the console to output in full RGB and play while docked. (Portable shots are 720p base resolution without AA. Docked they are scaled down from 900p to 720p with some enhancements) Plus I usually take a bunch of screenshots at a time then select the best one from the album. Waiting for the right lighting takes a bit of patience which is really hard with so many fun things to do!

I forgot to take a picture of my horse, already left him behind again. What's the point of a horse if they can't climb... I want what Ashitaka is riding on.

The farther I get, the more I realize I'm still in the beginning.

Feel free to check out my stream on twitch