By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Nier Automata Review Thread. Metacritic: 89!!

Tagged games:

zero129 said:
GOWTLOZ said:

This and Resident Evil 7 is the only good games released this year on PC that's amazing. PS4 has Gravity Rush 2, Yakuza Zero, Resident Evil 7, Nioh, Nier and Horizon. So yes PS4's lineup is amazing, PC's lineup isn't that good so far this year.

Xbox One owners who don't have other platforms don't get this game. They have got only one good game this year Resident Evil 7 which is a multiplatform game.

You have a tinted way of looking at things.

PC has had a lot more good releases this year then just Resident Evil 7 and this. But i wouldnt expect you to know this as its clear you like living in some odd world where games on other platforms dont exist..

No but PS4 owners who dont own other platforms also dont get Halo 5, Gears Remaster+4, Forza, Killer Instinct, Quantum Break, Dead Rising 4 etc. It works both ways.

To be fair though....he never said different

And I am one of those people who get annyoed by the nit picking for oh this game is on PC when discussing Sony/MS it is just something used to fuel the "console wars" to make each side look bad or whatever.....

The absence of evidence is NOT the evidence of absence...

PSN: StlUzumaki23

Around the Network
zero129 said:
GOWTLOZ said:

This and Resident Evil 7 is the only good games released this year on PC that's amazing. PS4 has Gravity Rush 2, Yakuza Zero, Resident Evil 7, Nioh, Nier and Horizon. So yes PS4's lineup is amazing, PC's lineup isn't that good so far this year.

Xbox One owners who don't have other platforms don't get this game. They have got only one good game this year Resident Evil 7 which is a multiplatform game.

PC has had a lot more good releases this year then just Resident Evil 7 and this. But i wouldnt expect you to know this as its clear you like living in some odd world where games on other platforms dont exist..

No but PS4 owners who dont own other platforms also dont get Halo 5, Gears Remaster+4, Forza, Killer Instinct, Quantum Break, Dead Rising 4 etc. It works both ways.

I should have worded that different. It's just X1 hasn't been doing that great in it's delivery of software. To much focus on releasing sequels and not enough on providing new titles/IP's. They had this same issue during the 360 era and I remember cause I had to live through it while Sony owners were getting brand new IP's during the final year of the PS3. MS has a hisotry of always starting out the gen strong and then getting lazy. It's the #1 reason I switch to Sony this gen and then I built a gaming PC as well. 

Someone told me though that Phil recognizes this and is in the process of rebuilding the xbox brand so maybe they are getting some new devs as we speak.

zero129 said:
GOWTLOZ said:

He's talking about this year's lineup

zero129 said:
GOWTLOZ said:

I'm a PS4 and PC gamer and I haven't found a lot of games worth playing on PC this year. I'm playing Forza Horizon 3 on PC though and that game is amazing.

The games you listed are older games, I thought we were talking about this year? Now if that's counted then PS4 has Infamous: Second Son, Driveclub, Bloodborne, Until Dawn, Ratchet and Clank, Uncharted 4 and The Last Guardian.

Also I wouldn't put Quantum Break when talking of good games.

zero129 said:
Kerotan said:

http://www.metacritic.com/game/playstation-4/nier-automata

So far it's on 90. Playstations awesome 2017 line up continues it seems.  

-snip-

The game is also on PC so i guess 2017's PC lineup is also still going great! .

That statement is said in the context of the PS4s other 2017 exclusive releases (both console and proper), of which Nier is just the latest. In large part thanks to Japan, the PS4 has had a remarkably good start to the year on that front. In just over 2 months it's had Yakuza 0, Horizon: Zero Dawn, Nier Automata, Nioh, Gravity Rush 2, Kingdom Hearts 2.8, Tales of Berseria, and a few others. For fans of Japanese games, it's been pretty overwhelming.

By comparison, the PCs first quarter has been fairly quiet on the exclusive front. I think Tales of Berseria and Halo Wars 2 are the only larger releases with positive receptions, and Nier in about a week. It doesn't particularly matter of course, most of us who prioritise high-end PC gaming do so mostly for the superior experience rather than exclusives. As far as i'm concerned 99% of multi-plats are PC exclusive, since i'll never buy them on consoles Still, i thought i'd give context to his statement. 

Around the Network

PCMR can't play Zelda and Horizon.

Again, the thread is ruined and mods do nothing with it.

zero129 said:
GOWTLOZ said:

I'm a PS4 and PC gamer and I haven't found a lot of games worth playing on PC this year. I'm playing Forza Horizon 3 on PC though and that game is amazing.

The games you listed are older games, I thought we were talking about this year? Now if that's counted then PS4 has Infamous: Second Son, Driveclub, Bloodborne, Until Dawn, Ratchet and Clank, Uncharted 4 and The Last Guardian.

Also I wouldn't put Quantum Break when talking of good games.

Hahaha.. Sure your a pc gamer .

You call yourself a PC gamer but dont find anything worth playing on it except for console ports...

Yes the games i listed where older and i could of also listed more, still doesnt change the fact that it works both ways, Also in case you didnt notice this year is only in its 3rd month and the is still a few more MS exclusives to release this year.

Yes because I'm not interested in playing MMO's and RTS games. You know you can have a PC and not like those genres.

The games I'm interested in are always on consoles sometimes exclusive to them. And console port isn't a relevant thing when the game is good. I don't care about PC exclusive games in general. They are mostly indie games and games from the genres above which I don't like.

Also I stated clearly that I was talking about this year so far, is that so hard to understand? I know MS will come with some games this year but I don't know how they will be. But from the games that have come this year that I know are good PS4 has the best lineup of games this year.

This is thread is for Nier Automata discussion. I don't want to see any more PC vs console or listwars derailment.

KingofTrolls said:
Again, thread is ruined and mods do nothing with it.

We are looking into it, don't worry.