By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Nier Automata Review Thread. Metacritic: 89!!

Tagged games:

Just started my third "playthrough." The game is absolutely incredible. I genuinely have not been this amazed by a game since the first time I played Persona 4. And that's including Bloodborne, Dark Souls, The Last of Us, and Undertale.

The fact that I get to play this game and then Persona 5 four weeks later fills me with so much happiness. My only fear is that the short time between what may very will be my favorite and second favorite games of all time may diminish how great each game is.

Around the Network
Kerotan said:
sub-zero-TM said:
Guys i have a question for you who already finished the game .. im still at the beginning The Ruin City and the Desert areas and the framerate is really pissing me off it's so choppy and it's ruining the fun for me so my question is does this continue through out the rest of the game ??

ps: f**k that 5/10 review

Trade in your ps4 and get a ps4 pro! 

Are you playing it on the Pro if you do how is the framerate ? i heard Pro has only a little better framerate.

I would love to get a Ps4 Pro but im totally broke now ... hmm what are you suggesting that i try ? Gamestop ?

xl-klaudkil said:
Kerotan said:

Trade in your ps4 and get a ps4 pro! 

I have issues  with  the framerate  too,and the horrible first gen ps3 graphics  this is by far the worst  looking  ps4 game i ever played  this  should  be solid 60fps.

Only  complains i.have though  everything  else is freaking  awesome. 

I think the graphics are pretty good i love it, it's not the best looking ps4 game but to me it looks awesome .. it's just that goddamn framerate ughh -.-

sub-zero-TM said:

I would love to get a Ps4 Pro but im totally broke now ... hmm what are you suggesting that i try ? Gamestop ?

Wait for Scorpio launch man, the Pro shoul be cheaper.

Bought a pro just now for Nier, nioh,horizon, ff15 have to say nioh solid 1080p 60fps! Amazing.

Nier looks a lot better and runs a LOT! Better now

My youtube gaming page.

http://www.youtube.com/user/klaudkil

Around the Network
xl-klaudkil said:
Bought a pro just now for Nier, nioh,horizon, ff15 have to say nioh solid 1080p 60fps! Amazing.

Damn i'm jealous now ! does it really run that noticeably better on the Pro ?

i hope they fix this shit up at least a little with the next patch :/

sub-zero-TM said:
xl-klaudkil said:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lRlGlMMn830&t=339s  if you are interested, here is a comparison between the ps4 and ps4 pro version.  the ps4 pro runs much smoother and now with the boost mode, it should be rock solid 60 fps.

Well, I guess a low review was going to come eventually. I just don't understand how Zelda was able to escape from that.

sub-zero-TM said:
xl-klaudkil said:

Sorry for getting back to you late.  I see others have answered but yes it runs a lot better. 

If money is an issue I'd suggest waiting until this fall to get a Pro.  As somebody said the scorpio launches and Sony probably have a $100 price cut ready to compete with it this holiday.  The console dropped to $320 last cyber Monday so I've no doubt it will hit $299 this year. 

And you should get around $120 for trading in your current ps4 bringing the total cost to $179 if all goes as planned.  And that's 7 months from now which gives you plenty of time to save.  

You'll enjoy revisiting classics like Nier,  nioh,  horizon,  Persona 5 etc etc later this year with much improved performance. 

Kerotan said:
sub-zero-TM said:

Sorry for getting back to you late.  I see others have answered but yes it runs a lot better. 

If money is an issue I'd suggest waiting until this fall to get a Pro.  As somebody said the scorpio launches and Sony probably have a $100 price cut ready to compete with it this holiday.  The console dropped to $320 last cyber Monday so I've no doubt it will hit $299 this year. 

And you should get around $120 for trading in your current ps4 bringing the total cost to $179 if all goes as planned.  And that's 7 months from now which gives you plenty of time to save.  

You'll enjoy revisiting classics like Nier,  nioh,  horizon,  Persona 5 etc etc later this year with much improved performance. 

Thanks for the advice man ! i'm definitely going to start saving up for the Pro .. the framerate in Automata on the regular ps4 is atrocious and completely unexceptable i don't get what's wrong let's hope they fix it with a patch.