By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Nier Automata Review Thread. Metacritic: 89!!

Tagged games:

Aura7541 said:
I love how Yoko Taro answered "I really like girls" when asked why 2B wears heels. He just doesn't give a fuck and is very straightforward.

That achivement that requieres you to look up 2B's skirt 10 times is another great example that he doesn't give a fuck

OT: Who made the game drop from 90 to 89!? I would like to speak with that reviewer 

Around the Network
BraLoD said:

What Are You Doing?

Yup

John2290 said:
Faelco said:

The outfit isn't particularly indecent if you don't use the autodestruction.

But who wouldn't use the autodestruction? :D

How do you use the auto destruction? I know 9s mentioned it at the start but I was high?

Hold L3+R3. Be careful, it hurts and you will be unable to move for a bit, so don't do it at random in fight. But with some heal or the skill that heals you when not fighting, you can do it at will :D

I swear there is one time I used it because I really needed it for a timed fight quest! (and several non-related times after that...)

John2290 said:
Faelco said:

Hold L3+R3. Be careful, it hurts and you will be unable to move for a bit, so don't do it at random in fight. But with some heal or the skill that heals you when not fighting, you can do it at will :D

I swear there is one time I used it because I really needed it for a timed fight quest! (and several non-related times after that...)

Yup, I'm thinking of that side quest where it'd be useful right now. For science, ya know!

That one exactly. "Take your clothes off for science" is a great slogan!

So, I found the second part of the game a bit underwhelming... But the beginning of the third part is amazing! If it stays like this, that game is indeed a masterpiece. Can't believe some reviewers surely only touched the first part...

The game's opening credits appearing after 40 hours in... What? :D

Around the Network

It seems some people either don't like the game, or want the game to fail.

PSN ID- RayCrocheron82

XBL Gamertag- RAFIE82

NNID- RAFIE82/ Friend Code: SW-6006-2580-8237

YouTube- Rafie Crocheron

BraLoD said:
It's down to 88

Thanks to a turkish review barely one page long, and apparently the guy didn't go really far in the game. According to Google Trad, he complains about having to play the same game from beginning to end several times, and says that the story is full of holes. So he maybe didn't even play the second part, and surely never heard of the rest of the game, I'm sure he stopped at the Square Enix message at the end of the first part.

"I played the game's intro and I didn't understand everything about the story, it sucks". I hope guys like this aren't paid for such a poor job...

I got other things to play but the beggining of the game + the demo made me really happy. I am looking forward to it.

Also, don't join the Zelda rabble guys. Commercial reviews are meaningless. The true value of a game is gauged years later, just like the original Nier. Reviews munched that, but those that played it made the cult following that it deserved and led to this sequal. That is the real worth of games. Not the reviews at launch, but the impressions they leave behind on the players on years to come.

BraLoD said:
Rafie said:
It seems some people either don't like the game, or want the game to fail.

Why?

Just an observation I've seen over the course of 5 days. I've been listening and reading a lot of criticisms about the game, despite it's great Meta score. Some people actually scored it low because it's another PS4 exclusive that was rated high. Others thought that there weren't enought RPG-like elements to the game and had too much action.

PSN ID- RayCrocheron82

XBL Gamertag- RAFIE82

NNID- RAFIE82/ Friend Code: SW-6006-2580-8237

YouTube- Rafie Crocheron

BraLoD said:
Faelco said:

Thanks to a turkish review barely one page long, and apparently the guy didn't go really far in the game. According to Google Trad, he complains about having to play the same game from beginning to end several times, and says that the story is full of holes. So he maybe didn't even play the second part, and surely never heard of the rest of the game, I'm sure he stopped at the Square Enix message at the end of the first part.

"I played the game's intro and I didn't understand everything about the story, it sucks". I hope guys like this aren't paid for such a poor job...

Well, it's still a great score, between Nioh and Horizon, and Nioh is a freaking masterpiece.

I know. But seeing the score going down because some pseudo-reviewers are too stupid to understand that the game has more than one part and don't even try to play after this first part is annoying. There is even a message saying "launch the game again"...

It's like a reviewer saying "I played 3 hours and I didn't like it, nothing happens, 2/10" while talking about Persona 4. Those guys just don't do their job properly and lie to gamers because they were too lazy to start the second part of the game.