By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Nier Automata Review Thread. Metacritic: 89!!

Tagged games:

BraLoD said:
VGPolyglot said:
Well, I guess a low review was going to come eventually. I just don't understand how Zelda was able to escape from that.

Neither do I, specially with a so tempting 98 score.

Nintendo is usually free from that, but how it could escape the harsher criticism and click baiting from this gen.

As I said when tbone predicted it, I wasn't expecting any game to be able to pull that this gen.

Well, it just happened today, and now the score is 97.

Around the Network
BraLoD said:
VGPolyglot said:

Well, it just happened today, and now the score is 97.

Really? From which site?

Slant Magazine gave it a 6/10.

John2290 said:
The game is really strange in a good way. It has striking flaws such as the graphics and some frame rate stutters in random places and there is no fast travel for the many fetch quest but even then they are sort of interesting enough to do the trek. Not sure if it is deserving of it's meta score just yet but I'm feeling it and having fun.

You're not far enough in the game if you don't have the fast travel available yet ;)

(That was one flaw for me in the beginning too)

John2290 said:
Faelco said:

You're not far enough in the game if you don't have the fast travel available yet ;)

(That was one flaw for me in the beginning too)

I've been side questing non stop. There are so many. lol. I really wanna go in the hole in the ground but so many bots in need of help.

I did the same thing ^^. You should get the fast travel soon!

Feels so awkward to play this game in front of your friends. Id pay if platinum release a more "decent" outfit

Around the Network

4, maybe 5 more days until the PCG review comes in and my decision to buy it or not as well. Hoping that week's wait has gone towards adding that polish.

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

m_csquare said:
Feels so awkward to play this game in front of your friends. Id pay if platinum release a more "decent" outfit

The outfit isn't particularly indecent if you don't use the autodestruction.

But who wouldn't use the autodestruction? :D

sub-zero-TM said:
Kerotan said:

Sorry for getting back to you late.  I see others have answered but yes it runs a lot better. 

If money is an issue I'd suggest waiting until this fall to get a Pro.  As somebody said the scorpio launches and Sony probably have a $100 price cut ready to compete with it this holiday.  The console dropped to $320 last cyber Monday so I've no doubt it will hit $299 this year. 

And you should get around $120 for trading in your current ps4 bringing the total cost to $179 if all goes as planned.  And that's 7 months from now which gives you plenty of time to save.  

You'll enjoy revisiting classics like Nier,  nioh,  horizon,  Persona 5 etc etc later this year with much improved performance. 

Thanks for the advice man ! i'm definitely going to start saving up for the Pro .. the framerate in Automata on the regular ps4 is atrocious and completely unexceptable i don't get what's wrong let's hope they fix it with a patch.

Yeah, I'm hoping so for your sake and the sake of others who have normal PS4s. Is it really so bad, though? Hard to believe the designers would compromise the game like that.

It should not be acceptable for folks to have to buy a PS4Pro to get decent performance!

The BuShA owns all!

I love how Yoko Taro answered "I really like girls" when asked why 2B wears heels. He just doesn't give a fuck and is very straightforward.

Vertigo-X said:
sub-zero-TM said:

Thanks for the advice man ! i'm definitely going to start saving up for the Pro .. the framerate in Automata on the regular ps4 is atrocious and completely unexceptable i don't get what's wrong let's hope they fix it with a patch.

Yeah, I'm hoping so for your sake and the sake of others who have normal PS4s. Is it really so bad, though? Hard to believe the designers would compromise the game like that.

It should not be acceptable for folks to have to buy a PS4Pro to get decent performance!

It's not someting unacceptable either. I have a standard PS4 and I have random framerate drops, but nothing damaging the gameplay. Strangely, it usually happens when I'm just running, outside of fights. It's annoying when it happens, sure, but it's not something that would make me say "f*ck, I need to get a Pro to play this game".