By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - BOLD Prediction: Zelda BotW will do a Whopping 10mil Lifetime! Update 10mil Achieved

Dark_Feanor said:
Bajablo said:

lack of people liking zelda? i've seen people that have 'moved on' from nintendo saying it is the first time in ages they have been excited to play zelda again.
i think you are underestimating older people that now have money to spare :P unlike when they played the first game at age ~7

First, those people have to buy a WiiU or a Switch.

I can´t see "COD kids" or "GTA kids" asking their parents to spend $350 with this. 

honestly think they don't have to.. i think the userbase has transitioned between the systems, but now alot of people that 'dropped out' are going back..
Time will tell though :)

3DS FC# 4553-9947-9017 NNID: Bajablo

Torn-City - MMO text based RPG, join me! :)

Around the Network
Faelco said:
Bajablo said:

lack of people liking zelda? i've seen people that have 'moved on' from nintendo saying it is the first time in ages they have been excited to play zelda again.
i think you are underestimating older people that now have money to spare :P unlike when they played the first game at age ~7

Zelda never achieved 10M sales, even on the 100M Wii userbase. I don't think it will achieve that on the Switch either. The attach rate will be big, no doubt about that, and it will sell really well, but I don't think 10M people are interested enough in it to buy it.

It will be very interesting to see how this is going forward. I checked some retailer info and it was a near 100% attatch rate on the switch console itself (big shocker there).. but i think it will continue beeing a very high attatch-rate going forward too.. that is.. if they move alot of consoles, it might be what pushes it above 10M

I think more people are interested in this zelda than others before it.. thats what i'm saying :)

RolStoppable said:
Yes, it's possible. Not because of the Metascore, but because this Zelda uses modern technology to create a game that is truly a sequel to what put Zelda on the map in the first place. Breath of the Wild has what it takes to have much better and longer legs than most of the games that came before it.

The game is going to sell 5m minimum, joining the ranks of OoT and TP is perfectly realistic, 10m+ is possible due to the direction of the game. A massive open world that allows players to play like they want, that's going to draw in people.

I think this might get the word of mouth skyrim had when launched.. people that weren't even gamers knew what that was and thought it looked cool. this game (zelda) will now be played outside.. and imo. the artstyle etc. 'pops' so you get interested.
I honestly think i will get asked about this on my morning commute to work if i play during.

Between the WiiU and the Switch, yes I think it can. Depends on how well the Switch sells tbh.

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-5643-2927-1984

Animal Crossing NH Dream Address: DA-1078-9916-3261

Dark_Feanor said:
No, there is just no user base.

There isnt one yet, LEGSSS

Around the Network
Wyrdness said:
I'll say it's possible should the Switch take off really well, 8-9m total is my guess with both versions together.

Reasonable.

Lol at the 4 million...

Bet with PeH: 

I win if Arms sells over 700 000 units worldwide by the end of 2017.

Bet with WagnerPaiva:

I win if Emmanuel Macron wins the french presidential election May 7th 2017.

Faelco said:
Bajablo said:

Zelda never achieved 10M sales, even on the 100M Wii userbase. I don't think it will achieve that on the Switch either. The attach rate will be big, no doubt about that, and it will sell really well, but I don't think 10M people are interested enough in it to buy it.

User base isnt everything. It is an equation to it but look it pokemon gen 4/5 vs gen 6/7 for example. (DS vs 3DS)

Yes it will, the fact that you are making this thread gives me even more confidence about it.

difficult

Wii U userbase is obviously shit, which is less of a deal for Nintendo's biggest games than for other consoles, but still important. And a lot of those people who are big Nintendo fans will be buying it on Switch. So how much will it sell on Wii U? I think 1-2m.

Then it is dependent on how successful Switch is. I think it could sell over 1m first week. It is difficult to say how much Switch itself will sell first week, but I think it should be over 1.5m, and for this game, especially given it's lack of competition, a 66% (or so) attach rate isn't ridiculous.

Then it is down to legs on the Switch. This will be pretty dependent on how successful the console is going forward. Zelda will, I imagine, be the most popular purchase overall when people buy new systems up until Mario in November (Splatoon 2 in Japan). I would guess it will be 5m-6m by the end of the year. It may have decent legs past that point given it's quality and name, and maybe even some double purchasing from Wii U owners coming forward a gen.

I will guess 8m lifetime

RolStoppable said:
Yes, it's possible. Not because of the Metascore, but because this Zelda uses modern technology to create a game that is truly a sequel to what put Zelda on the map in the first place. Breath of the Wild has what it takes to have much better and longer legs than most of the games that came before it.

The game is going to sell 5m minimum, joining the ranks of OoT and TP is perfectly realistic, 10m+ is possible due to the direction of the game. A massive open world that allows players to play like they want, that's going to draw in people.

I think metascore will play just a small role into the road of 10mil sales. I say 10mil basically from what you said in your first paragraph. 

Only other factor ill add is the Switch portable system. I think japan can maybe add 1.5mil to that number if it catches on. Im expecting 750k lifetimw though for now (japan)