By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - BOLD Prediction: Zelda BotW will do a Whopping 10mil Lifetime! Update 10mil Achieved

RolStoppable said:
areason said:

The Joycon controller is no where near the quality or comfort of the pro controller. And if these people wanted to play a game on the go and they would be part of the handheld market, which they aren't. 

I can't give you a number, but it's obvious that BOW has a market for gamers who don't currently own a Nintendo console, or don't plan to get one. 

Those people wouldn't be handheld gamers in the past, because before Switch there was no such thing as a high quality open world RPG on a portable device. You cannot draw a definite conclusion that they have no interest in portability when we haven't had a scenario for a proper analysis yet.

I asked you for an estimate. You proposed that Nintendo should cripple their Switch marketing message in order to appeal to such gamers. You took issue with me saying that you are unreasonable. You kinda have to throw out a number to have any sort of argument, but I suspect that you begin to realize that your proposal didn't make sense. You'll be either stuck with a number that is too low to justify the obvious drawback of your proposal or you'll have a number that makes you prone to get ridiculed.

You can't assume that everyone wants to play on the go, just because their wasn't such games in the past doesn't mean they would get a handhed

How is it going to cripple the switche's marketing message, they should just simply announce that their is a seperate bundle, it doesn't needs adds or marketing. You're forgeting the millions of gamers on the internet who are exposed to gaming news every day through youtube, social media, and forums. 

My proposal makes perfect sense, i'm not a statistical firm in order to throw out numbers for you, and my proposal has no drawback at all. 

The sale numbers of the pro controller alone show that people do not want to play using the joycons. 

Around the Network
Geralt said:
Im thinking closer to 4 million

Do I need to recreate this thread? http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=193280&page=1

Nah I don't think so, it's possible... but I don't think it will. I'm favouring the 7.5m mark.

I think it can. It's a critically acclaimed game with 3+ years worth of hype behind it launching on a new console with a limited library that's not going out of its way to appeal to non-gamers.  It'll probably be close to two years before the Switch has a large enough library to where someone can reasonably say that they own a Switch but don't own BotW without people looking at them funny.

Perhaps it could. Tbone's made some wild claims that have been pretty close to accurate. I'm starting to become a believer.

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

Around the Network

A good chance, especially if the Switch is a success

I don't see Nintendo supporting the Wii U version too much but I think it will hit at least 7-8M

..but once again, if I had to guess, I would say no :p

NintenDomination [May 2015 - July 2017]

- Official  VGChartz Tutorial Thread - 

NintenDomination [2015/05/19 - 2017/07/02]

Here lies the hidden threads. 

| |

Nintendo Metascore | Official NintenDomination | VGC Tutorial Thread

| Best and Worst of Miiverse | Manga Discussion Thead |
[3DS] Winter Playtimes [Wii U]

Easy and it will be closer to 15mill depending on how close the next ''new'' zelda comes out

Bet reminder: I bet with Tboned51 that Splatoon won't reach the 1 million shipped mark by the end of 2015. I win if he loses and I lose if I lost.

NintendoPie said:
Geralt said:
Im thinking closer to 4 million

Do I need to recreate this thread? http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=193280&page=1

I think you should

RolStoppable said:
areason said:

You can't assume that everyone wants to play on the go, just because their wasn't such games in the past doesn't mean they would get a handhed

How is it going to cripple the switche's marketing message, they should just simply announce that their is a seperate bundle, it doesn't needs adds or marketing. You're forgeting the millions of gamers on the internet who are exposed to gaming news every day through youtube, social media, and forums. jus

My proposal makes perfect sense, i'm not a statistical firm in order to throw out numbers for you, and my proposal has no drawback at all. 

The sale numbers of the pro controller alone show that people do not want to play using the joycons. 

If the people who demand such a bundle are exclusively found on the internet (hence no marketing needed), then it's safe to conclude that there's no significant demand for a Switch SKU without Joy-Cons.

Are you sure that you aren't merely pretending that your personal preference is a lot more widespread than it actually is?

First of all everyone is on the internet, i did not just state specific gaming websites. 

I woudn't say i'm pretending, i'm just basing it on trends and Amazon sales and yes a couple of anecdotes.

Making such a bundle woudn't cost them anything, and we've seen MS and Sony even losing money on the initial console sale so it isn't unprecedent. 

Twilight Princess sold near 8.5-9 million - not including the HD remake.

Ocarina of Time sold 7.6 million on the N64 alone.

Nintendo has done a really good job the last several years quietly nuturing the Zelda fanbase. I think it should blow past 10 million sales very quickly.

I predict NX launches in 2017 - not 2016