By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Will Breath of the Wild finally dethrone Ocarina of Time for people? Let's look at the facts

Wyrdness said:
Miyamotoo said:

And yet Zelda OoT is game with highest rating game of all time (99), and widely considered for best game of all time. This are clear facts, but what are you are writing is just your opinion without actualy anything to backup such a claims.

Except rating doesn't back your argument mate because the point here is why it has that rating, we're telling why it does and your only response is but but the rating, it's like you're struggling to grasp what is being pointed out.

You can easily see why it got that rating and read some of those reviews, even reviews of 3DS version (94 meatscore), it's because was a masterpiece, almost a perfect game in that time and ground breaking game for industry. Basicly your only point is beacuse "its 1st 3D Zelda game" and that "any 3D Zelda would have same effect" but you have nothing to backup something like that, and that's doesn't really make sense because other 3D Zelda games were made after OoT and after OoT influenced not only on all Zelda games but on other games in industry.

Around the Network
Miyamotoo said:

You can easily see why it got that rating and read some of those reviews, even reviews of 3DS version (94 meatscore), it's because was a masterpiece, almost a perfect game in that time and ground breaking game for industry. Basicly your only point is beacuse "its 1st 3D Zelda game" and that "any 3D Zelda would have same effect" but you have nothing to backup something like that, and that's doesn't really make sense because other 3D Zelda games were made after OoT and after OoT influenced not only on all Zelda games but on other games in industry.

Except I have backed my point up you've just side stepped every point and keep pointing to review scores because you have no argument other than your nostalgia, being the first helped it immensely because of the technical designs it has not because of it being a Zelda game. It's been concretely shown in earliar posts from several people that the main thing that changed from ALTTP to OOT was it being in 3D something that can't be disputed and something you've not put forward a single argument to debunk because you can't, the game is almost a retelling of ALTTP blow for blow.

Instead you keep going on about ratings here's a news flash for you the reasons we've been point out are why it got that rating like Mzuzek pointed out earliar OOT is just as flawed as any other Zelda but because of the technical designs people looked passed those flaws because of the sheer scope pulled off. It's the technical designs that influenced the industry and OOT had the luxury of having them of having them first this why any 3D Zelda game can be released back then because the would be no game like it on a technical level.

Wyrdness said:
Miyamotoo said:

Except I have backed my point up you've just side stepped every point and keep pointing to review scores because you have no argument other than your nostalgia, being the first helped it immensely because of the technical designs it has not because of it being a Zelda game. It's been concretely shown in earliar posts from several people that the main thing that changed from ALTTP to OOT was it being in 3D something that can't be disputed and something you've not put forward a single argument to debunk because you can't.

Instead you keep going on about ratings here's a news flash for you the reasons we've been point out are why it got that rating like Mzuzek pointed out earliar OOT is just as flawed as any other Zelda but because of the technical designs people looked passed those flaws because of the sheer scope pulled off. It's the technical designs that influenced the industry and OOT had the luxury of having them of having them first this why any 3D Zelda game can be released back then because the would be no game like it on a technical level.

No, you didnt backup anuthing, again, to you all comes to "its 1st 3D Zelda and any other 3D Zelda would have same effect". Its not only about tehnical design, point is that evrething about Ocarina of Time was done right, so you cant say its just beacuse its "1st 3D Zelda game". My nostalgia!? It has anuthing with nostaligia, only with clear facts. Like I wrote, read reviews some from 98" (or from even from 2011), and you will see why Zelda is higest rating game ever. 

Wrong, OoT didn't have almost any flaws in gaming industry 98" and thats a fact, like I wrote it was almost perfect game, with pacing, story, world build, epic feeling, exploration, combat, bosses, dungeons...it was great game in evre way, whole package in evre way. In comparison with OoT, MM had great side quests but didn't had that epic feeling, great bosses, such a grate pacing and had less and worse dungeons, Wind Waker had good exploration but less variatey than OoT and has less and worse dugeons, TP had bigger world and great dungeons but world was so empty and barren and pacing was worse, Skyward Sword had good story and good dungeons, but it was too linear and had terible backtracking. Some other 3D Zelda's got some things better, but point about Ocarina of Time is that all things done great, and that with combination with that was brouth so many new things in gaming industry made best Zelda and highest rated game in history, not beacuse "its 1st 3D Zelda".

Miyamotoo said:

No, you didnt backup anuthing, again, to you all comes to "its 1st 3D Zelda and any other 3D Zelda would have same effect". Its not only about tehnical design, point is that evrething about Ocarina of Time was done right, so you cant say its just beacuse its "1st 3D Zelda game". My nostalgia!? It has anuthing with nostaligia, only with clear facts. Like I wrote, read reviews some from 98" (or from even from 2011), and you will see why Zelda is higest rating game ever. 

Wrong, OoT didn't have almost any flaws in gaming industry 98" and thats a fact, like I wrote it was almost perfect game, with pacing, story, world build, epic feeling, exploration, combat, bosses, dungeons...it was great game in evre way, whole package in evre way. In comparison with OoT, MM had great side quests but didn't had that epic feeling, great bosses, such a grate pacing and had less and worse dungeons, Wind Waker had good exploration but less variatey than OoT and has less and worse dugeons, TP had bigger world and great dungeons but world was so empty and barren and pacing was worse, Skyward Sword had good story and good dungeons, but it was too linear and had terible backtracking. Some other 3D Zelda's got some things better, but point about Ocarina of Time is that all things done great, and that with combination with that was brouth so many new things in gaming industry made best Zelda and highest rated game in history, not beacuse "its 1st 3D Zelda".

Yes I have backed it up and I'll keep highlighting where because you're struggling to read anything other than one line in and post before responding with your usual drunken nostalgia over and over. You've presented no facts only your nostalgia for the game, OOT was never perfect it was a version of ALTTP in 3D and had flaws even back in 98.

I'll highlight an example of your nostalgia, you say TP's world was empty as a negative yet what exactly did OOT's world have in it? Barely anything as well, pacing was also far better in TP it's the most story driven game in the series, you moan that SS was linear yet OOT was made more linear coming from ALTTP and had a number of backtracking to the same areas as well. Fact is the following games are superior in more areas over OOT and the were games back then that had better pacing and story than OOT what they didn't have was Nintendo's technical achievement that made people ignore the flaws.

Your entire argument is taking one line in a whole post and trying to respond with nostalgia.

Wyrdness said:
Miyamotoo said:

Yes I have backed it up and I'll keep highlighting where because you're struggling to read anything other than one line in and post before responding with your usual drunken nostalgia over and over. You've presented no facts only your nostalgia for the game, OOT was never perfect it was a version of ALTTP in 3D and had flaws even back in 98.

I'll highlight an example of your nostalgia, you say TP's world was empty as a negative yet what exactly did OOT's world have in it? Barely anything as well, pacing was also far better in TP it's the most story driven game in the series, you moan that SS was linear yet OOT was made more linear coming from ALTTP and had a number of backtracking to the same areas as well. Fact is the following games are superior in more areas over OOT and the were games back then that had better pacing and story than OOT what they didn't have was Nintendo's technical achievement that made people ignore the flaws.

Your entire argument is taking one line in a whole post and trying to respond with nostalgia.

And yet you dont have anuting to backup any of your argument.

Make it simply, what exatly flaws did OoT had in 98"?

TP has much more bigger world than OoT but was barren and has less things in it then OoT, and we talking about game that was released 7 years after OoT so actually it was expected to have those things done better and actualy done those thing worse. Lol at your point that TP had better pacing than OoT, TP has worst and slowest opening for any 3D Zelda and thas well know thing, OoT pacing is great and miles better than TPs. Fact is that SS is most linear 3D Zelda game, bactracking was also worst, you need to back 3 time in each region of game. Offcourse that buy time newer games will have some better areas than aged game, but all 3D Zelda games after OoT had some flaws and some things done worse than OoT, while OoT was almost perfect game and all things were dont great, you cant say that for any other 3D Zelda game.

I gave you clear examples, but your only argument is "its nostalgia", but like I wrote read reviews of OoT from 98" any you will see that has anuthing with nostalgia or "only its beacuse 1st 3D Zelda game".

Around the Network
Miyamotoo said:

TP has much more bigger world than OoT but was barren and has less things in it then OoT, and we talking about game that was released 7 years after OoT so actually it was expected to have those things done better and actualy done those thing worse. Lol at your point that TP had better pacing than OoT, TP has worst and slowest opening for any 3D Zelda and thas well know thing, OoT pacing is great and miles better than TPs. Fact is that SS is most linear 3D Zelda game, bactracking was also worst, you need to back 3 time in each region of game. Offcourse that buy time newer games will have some better areas than aged game, but all 3D Zelda games after OoT had some flaws and some things done worse than OoT, while OoT was almost perfect game and all things were dont great, you cant say that for any other 3D Zelda game.

I gave you clear examples, but your only argument is "its nostalgia", but like I wrote read reviews of OoT from 98" any you will see that has anuthing with nostalgia or "only its beacuse 1st 3D Zelda game".

No you've done sod all as far as examples go that doesn't as you keep repeating your nostalgic opinion of OOT where as everyone else is pointing out concrete situational factors.

Want to know some flaws of OOT, texts popping up that break pacing, midi quality sound, erratic jumping mechanic, camera issues, lack of direction in several instances, some poor design choices as pointed out by Mzuzek, back tracking which is actually on par with SS, recycled story, inconsistent pacing etc... OOT as shown has equivalent or more flaws then the games after it like Mzuzek pointed out the techincal achievements of the game made many people look past it and many people like yourself still do.

Again learn to argue properly rather than quote one line and try take it as far out of context because what I've posted is well with in plausibility because for one you've not in any case highlighted any other game at the time that would be like the mainline 3D Zelda games after OOT let alone match them, not one example. Instead your only response are null and void arguments like rating and your nostalgia.

It should!

Switch!!!

I think it will, as I see it raising the bar for open world games in general.

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-5643-2927-1984

Animal Crossing NH Dream Address: DA-1078-9916-3261

Breath of the Wild might become the best Zelda game, but I don't think it will have the overall impact OoT had.

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

Wyrdness said:
Miyamotoo said:

No you've done sod all as far as examples go that doesn't as you keep repeating your nostalgic opinion of OOT where as everyone else is pointing out concrete situational factors.

Want to know some flaws of OOT, texts popping up that break pacing, midi quality sound, erratic jumping mechanic, camera issues, lack of direction in several instances, some poor design choices as pointed out by Mzuzek, back tracking which is actually on par with SS, recycled story, inconsistent pacing etc... OOT as shown has equivalent or more flaws then the games after it like Mzuzek pointed out the techincal achievements of the game made many people look past it and many people like yourself still do.

Again learn to argue properly rather than quote one line and try take it as far out of context because what I've posted is well with in plausibility because for one you've not in any case highlighted any other game at the time that would be like the mainline 3D Zelda games after OOT let alone match them, not one example. Instead your only response are null and void arguments like rating and your nostalgia.

No you didnt, and "as everyone else is pointing out concrete situational factors", you mean someone like Muzek who played almost 15 years after launch of OoT and who don't realise that every game age!? :D

Text popping up is flaw!? First time hear about that someone consider that for flaw, that definatly wasnt flaw in 98", OoT had great sound for 98", jumping mehanic, camera were actualy all great for 98". Offcourse that backtracking isnt on pair with SS, in SS you need to back 3x time in each of region, story was also great for 98", pacing also. You do realise that none of those things you mentioned are not flaws in 98" and 1st generation of 3D games, and actually were all done great and actually better than in other games from that time!? Nobady complained about any of those things in 98" you can read any Zelda rewiew from 98".

I gave you clear examaples in comparison with other 3D games, but you ingored all that and said that "TP has better pacing than OoT", wich doent make any sense.

Again its has nothing with nostalgia, I am in gaming from 3. gen, I had almost all Sega, Sony and Nintendo consoles, Zelda OoT isnt my 1st or last Zelda that I played, so it doesnt has anuthing with nostalgia.

You keep ignoring clear facts and you have nothing to backup your claims that OoT gets so much praise only beause "its 1st 3D Zelda" or that "any 3D Zelda would have same effect", so I dont have any intention to spend any of my time on arguing with you.