By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Trump's First Solo Press Conference as President

Soundwave said:

If there's nothing wrong or shady going on, then why did Trump fire his own National Security Advisor? And don't give me the "media made him" nonsense, if that was the case Bannon would've been fired three weeks ago. If anything Trump is very good at creating a circus of stupidity around himself to deflect from the real issue. 

Something IMO is going on here and it should be fully investigated. If the Republicans blew their panties over a freaking blow job for Bill Clinton, this certainly warrants a full investigation. 

I'm sure it wasn't just the media. Obviously he knows more could potentially be leaked and could make him look bad. Thats why he keeps bringing up Hillary. He's saying she clearly lied and spun the truth sometimes and completely got away with it, like her emails, so he feels he's justified in lying and covering this up. Maybe it's not that big of a deal in comparison to other leaks, maybe it is, we don't know.

Does it make things ok? No. Should Trump get a free pass? Well, when you take into account all the leaks that ever happened about government in the past, which just lead to back to business as usual, plus the many things that don't leak that we never find out about, just because Trump is Prez they should do a major investigation into it? There are many people spending lots of time solely to discredit and put pressure on Trump, just because of what they think of him, whether they are right or not. Trump knows this, and isn't going to take any chances to let them gain the upper hand. He's smarter than people think.

Around the Network
EricHiggin said:
Soundwave said:

If there's nothing wrong or shady going on, then why did Trump fire his own National Security Advisor? And don't give me the "media made him" nonsense, if that was the case Bannon would've been fired three weeks ago. If anything Trump is very good at creating a circus of stupidity around himself to deflect from the real issue. 

Something IMO is going on here and it should be fully investigated. If the Republicans blew their panties over a freaking blow job for Bill Clinton, this certainly warrants a full investigation. 

I'm sure it wasn't just the media. Obviously he knows more could potentially be leaked and could make him look bad. Thats why he keeps bringing up Hillary. He's saying she clearly lied and spun the truth sometimes and completely got away with it, like her emails, so he feels he's justified in lying and covering this up. Maybe it's not that big of a deal in comparison to other leaks, maybe it is, we don't know.

Does it make things ok? No. Should Trump get a free pass? Well, when you take into account all the leaks that ever happened about government in the past, which just lead to back to business as usual, plus the many things that don't leak that we never find out about, just because Trump is Prez they should do a major investigation into it? There are many people spending lots of time solely to discredit and put pressure on Trump, just because of what they think of him, whether they are right or not. Trump knows this, and isn't going to take any chances to let them gain the upper hand. He's smarter than people think.

Cover what up exactly? What is he hiding? 

We could be looking at treason here if he or his inner circle are in cahoots with Russia. 

There should be a full, impartial investigation. Also he should disclose his entire tax returns and show definitelvely he has no financial ties to the Russians. 

This is not some simple thing, if there is indeed a fire behind all this smoke, this would be the biggest political scandal potentially in American politics ever. Nixon's Watergate or Clinton's blowjob would have nothing on this. 

We still don't even have a straight answer from Trump himself as to why Flynn was fired and for what exactly. He deflected/dodged the question yesterday and made it sound like Flynn did nothing wrong, well ok, so what exactly is he getting fired for? Manafort was also fired once his ties to Russia became too public, this is now the second high ranking official in Trump's inner circle that's been mysteriously fired when people started to talk too much. 

Pyro as Bill said:
@VGPolyglot

Seriously, look at what Communism boils down to.

Everyone has to value everything the same or the system collapses. A bottle of water is worth the same to the man in the rainforest as it does to the man in the desert.

A freshly manufactured parachute is worth the same as the one on the plane that's about to crash.

It's fucking stupid.

Human's value everything differently and that's what makes free trade/capitalism possible. If we didn't value things differently we'd be robots. Communism doesn't even work in theory. There's no such thing as anarcho-communism because someone has to enforce it. You want society/collective to do it. The same society that burned witches, enslaved black people and castrated homosexuals.

A week's pay in a 1st world society would give you enough cash for a tent, pasta and water so you could fuck off into the wilderness and be as Commy as you want. Instead you want to steal my shit and my family's shit to live in a Utopia that isn't possible so long as humans are humans.

You're the antithesis of everything that makes life life and humans human.

YOU'RE THE BAD GUYS!!!

Capitalism/free trade aka 'shit has to be paid for' is what has led us out of the jungle and indentured servitude. It's humans freely trading with each other that has extended our lifespans and taken us off the land so we can enjoy life. It was 'the evil richies' that ended slavery and abolished the peasant class while dirty, filthy Communists considered any peasant farmer with a horse to be a 'wicked capitalist'.

Communism led to people eating their own children. Does that not give you a clue to how wicked and evil it is?

Fascism>>>>>>>>>ISIS>Communism

1. Yes, people's value of items is going to be different based on their situation. But communism promotes a society where everyone's basic needs are met, and considering how much is wasted, and how technologically advanced we come, it's not as unfeasible as you think.

2. I can't just live and "fuck off into the wilderness and be a commy" because I live under the control of a government that is very hostile towards the thought of that: if I don't pay taxes they come for me. Also, I'm not an anarcho-primitivist.

3. Slavery still exists in capitalist countries, have you ever heard of the children working in sweat shops?

4. Again, cannibalism has occurred in capitalist countries too:

http://www.inquisitr.com/30950/horrific-mother-kills-eats-baby-in-texas/

5. Yes, I know that you hate communists more than anyone else. That was already made clear when you mentioned forcing us to be gassed in concentration camps.

Soundwave said:
Slimebeast said:

Yes, of course geneteic variation is very large within populations. But fairly large between populations too. That's what we're trying to argue. There's always going to be measurable variation no matter what trait you study.

But to compare the historical power of England with Sweden and Finland's, that is controlled by so many other variables: historical, geographical, social, cultural. Genetics is just a small part of that specific comparison.

Even so, if your defacto point is European ancestry is somehow superior, how is it that they're not the top of the food chain on these tests. 

Superiority means being no.1, getting the gold medal, not a 5th place ribbon last time I checked. If someone said their son or daughter was the best swimmer in their school because they finished 5th overall I would laugh (at least on the inside). So I'm not sure why white supremasists run to this reasoning (could be likely that they're not exactly the brightest bulbs in the pack to begin with) as it isn't particularily flattering to them in the first place. 

A mod asked us to go back on topic, so I'm trying to turn down or wind down (or however it's said in English) my role in the discussion, but still a comment.

I don't know in detail how white supremacists think about it, but intelligence of races is probably only one factor to explain how Europeans are superior. They also emphasize the strength of European culture and heritage, and even historical circumstances.

To me it's not that dramatic. It's not evil to think that one race (in combination with its historical heritage and culture) is superior - as in being successful - compared with others, as long as you don't claim that that somehow gives them a higher value, or use it as a reason to oppress others.

If Asians and Jews are more intelligent than whites, at least in sub-groups of intelligence like the ones that are measured in IQ tests, why couldn't I still be happy about my own race, culture and tribe and what it has accomplished? Like you said several times in the thread, a high IQ doesn't guarantee success. There are other factors.

Also, you can think that your own race is the most successful "overall" and is worthy of preservation, and yet admire other races for their higher IQ, or for their higher physical strength.

fatslob-:O said:

FYI, culture is more than just religion ... 

It's a complex web that spans over to knowledge, arts, law or any other customs ... 

Here's some advice for you, using memes doesn't give you any ground in an argument when you've been debunked heavily and by many people it only confimrs you've been blown out with no response. Secondly it makes you look even worse when you don't even read what has been posted properly because if you did you'd see it says religion impacted many cultures

Around the Network
Pyro as Bill said:
@VGPolyglot

Everyone has to value everything the same or the system collapses. A bottle of water is worth the same to the man in the rainforest as it does to the man in the desert.

A freshly manufactured parachute is worth the same as the one on the plane that's about to crash.

It's fucking stupid.

Human's value everything differently and that's what makes free trade/capitalism possible. If we didn't value things differently we'd be robots. Communism doesn't even work in theory. There's no such thing as anarcho-communism because someone has to enforce it. You want society/collective to do it. The same society that burned witches, enslaved black people and castrated homosexuals.

A week's pay in a 1st world society would give you enough cash for a tent, pasta and water so you could fuck off into the wilderness and be as Commy as you want. Instead you want to steal my shit and my family's shit to live in a Utopia that isn't possible so long as humans are humans.

YOU'RE THE BAD GUYS!!!

Capitalism/free trade aka 'shit has to be paid for' is what has led us out of the jungle and indentured servitude. It's humans freely trading with each other that has extended our lifespans and taken us off the land so we can enjoy life. It was 'the evil richies' that ended slavery and abolished the peasant class while dirty, filthy Communists considered any peasant farmer with a horse to be a 'wicked capitalist'.

Communism led to people eating their own children. Does that not give you a clue to how wicked and evil it is?

lol, as someone who doesn't particular like any of the three, I think it'd go Communism > Facism > ISIS. 

You can't even play music in ISIS-land, lol. Forget the radio, they'll cut your balls off for even playing a musical instrument. 

I know Russians who grew up in Soviet era times, a lot of their parents actually want to go back to that (can't say I agree, but whatever floats their boat). 

I would say communism is like being an alcoholic, it's certainly not ideal and is quite bad, but at least you can be somewhat functional, though eventually your life is likely to fall apart. 

Facism I would say is like having an addiction to heroin or crack cocaine. It's gonna get ugly, no ifs, ands, or buts, probably in under 8 years at that and you're probably going to end in a gutter (see: Nazi Germany and Imperial Japan reduced to ash due to hyper-stupid nationalism). 

ISIS (religious facism) is just plain stupid, it's like drinking poison, you'll be dead in a weekend at best. 

the assassination of trump will happen soon

Pyro as Bill said:
@VGPolyglot

It's fucking stupid.

YOU'RE THE BAD GUYS!!!

Every communist should watch this.

Soundwave said:

Cover what up exactly? What is he hiding? 

We could be looking at treason here if he or his inner circle are in cahoots with Russia. 

There should be a full, impartial investigation. Also he should disclose his entire tax returns and show definitelvely he has no financial ties to the Russians. 

This is not some simple thing, if there is indeed a fire behind all this smoke, this would be the biggest political scandal potentially in American politics ever. Nixon's Watergate or Clinton's blowjob would have nothing on this. 

So what your saying is, anytime there is a leak of any sort about government, that isn't given a 100% complete answer to the public, that a major investigation should be mandatory? You would have the entire American population working for the government, investigating the government, non stop in that case.

The fact that Trump made it clear that its confidential, obviously they can't explain it to the people, just like Hillarys 33,000 emails or however many it was. "Personal" emails apparently as she told the American public. Right there, you now know that personal day to day things can be confidential government information apparently. Either that or she was lying, which then brings up, what was she hiding and how bad was it? The fact that nothing came of it, means its just as likely nothing may come out of looking into what just happened with Trump. So why is this in particular such a big problem?

Trump also doesn't want to give the media or dems any ammo, like an investigation into something minor, because its just another chance for them to turn it into something major, out of nothing. He has enough problems with the media and dems as it is, he doesn't need to create more chaos for little reason. Firing a staff member to keep "the peace" is worth it right now because Trump wants big league to smooth the waters asap. Its the same reason why he pleads with the media to be honest. The sooner everyone takes their place on the ship, the sooner it can set sail for the new world.

VGPolyglot said:

1. Yes, people's value of items is going to be different based on their situation. But communism promotes a society where everyone's basic needs are met, and considering how much is wasted, and how technologically advanced we come, it's not as unfeasible as you think.

2. I can't just live and "fuck off into the wilderness and be a commy" because I live under the control of a government that is very hostile towards the thought of that: if I don't pay taxes they come for me. Also, I'm not an anarcho-primitivist.

3. Slavery still exists in capitalist countries, have you ever heard of the children working in sweat shops?

4. Again, cannibalism has occurred in capitalist countries too:

http://www.inquisitr.com/30950/horrific-mother-kills-eats-baby-in-texas/

5. Yes, I know that you hate communists more than anyone else. That was already made clear when you mentioned forcing us to be gassed in concentration camps.

See, I never said Communists should be forced to be gassed in concentration camps and that's why I shouldn't have been banned. (All political views welcome, lol)

I said I wouldn't care if they were. The same way people (mods even) said they wouldn't care if Nazis (not even Nazis) were attacked/killed or the democratically elected President of the 2nd best nation on the planet was assassinated.

Unlike some, I believe people are free to believe/say whatever the fuck they want. Whether that's Catholics should be burnt at the stake, or black people should be enslaved, or Jewish people should be sent to concentration camps.

They can say/print/shout from the rooftops, I don't give a fuck.

The second any of them try to actually do it they get their heads blown clean off.

Nov 2016 - NES outsells PS1 (JP)

Don't Play Stationary 4 ever. Switch!