By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Trump's First Solo Press Conference as President

VGPolyglot said:

Explain Korea then. They share the same race, they have a shared history, yet they're vastly differnent. And your last sentence of "accepting the consequences of different races" really scares me, it sounds like you're considering other races as nuisances and that's a very dangerous though.

There's not a whole lot of data on North Korea ... (I'm not sure if that's because their government gets in the way or some shit.)

How's it very dangerous when it's just a fact that each races have different IQs ? 

Around the Network
Soundwave said:
Slimebeast said:

lol you seriously question if intelligence is hereditary?

It's a component, but it's certainly not the be all, end all. Like I said how many of us know a family where one child is incredibly gifted at school yet their very own sibling is average or even below average? Happens all the time, if there's a direct A to B link there shouldn't be any difference. And I've met many families where the parents where average/nothing special scholastically yet they have a child who is apparently brilliant at math or something. 

https://iq-research.info/en/page/average-iq-by-country

If you look at IQ scores globally too, Asian countries dominate the top of the charts, and Mongolia somehow is higher than every Europe or American country with the exception of Italy. I guess you dumb Europeans should bow down to your Mongolian master race? ;)

Also, your sibling example is flawed. The variation in intelligence between siblings is expected to be roughly the same as the variation in length or body weight between siblings. The genetical variation between siblings is quite large.

Identical twins, completely different story.

fatslob-:O said:
VGPolyglot said:

Explain Korea then. They share the same race, they have a shared history, yet they're vastly differnent. And your last sentence of "accepting the consequences of different races" really scares me, it sounds like you're considering other races as nuisances and that's a very dangerous though.

There's not a whole lot of data on North Korea ... (I'm not sure if that's because their government gets in the way or some shit.)

How's it very dangerous when it's just a fact that each races have different IQs ? 

So, if there's not a whole lot of data on North Korea, how can we trust the data of the IQs of African countries, many of which also have authoritarian governments? How did they even compile the IQ tests there?

Alright, I think we should put the conversation about race and IQ to rest because the thread is going off the rails. Let's focus on the contents of Trump's press conference.

VGPolyglot said:
fatslob-:O said:

So, if there's not a whole lot of data on North Korea, how can we trust the data of the IQs of African countries, many of which also have authoritarian governments? How did they even compile the IQ tests there?

We can't. I strongly doubt the methodology when conducting these tests in poor and authoritarian countries is good enough. Plus there could be cheating with the results.

Around the Network
Slimebeast said:
Soundwave said:

It's a component, but it's certainly not the be all, end all. Like I said how many of us know a family where one child is incredibly gifted at school yet their very own sibling is average or even below average? Happens all the time, if there's a direct A to B link there shouldn't be any difference. And I've met many families where the parents where average/nothing special scholastically yet they have a child who is apparently brilliant at math or something. 

https://iq-research.info/en/page/average-iq-by-country

If you look at IQ scores globally too, Asian countries dominate the top of the charts, and Mongolia somehow is higher than every Europe or American country with the exception of Italy. I guess you dumb Europeans should bow down to your Mongolian master race? ;)

Also, your sibling example is flawed. The variation in intelligence between siblings is expected to be roughly the same as the variation in length or body weight between siblings. The genetical variation between siblings is quite large.

Well if genetic variation between just siblings is quite large, wouldn't it stand to reason that genetic variation between hundreds of millions of people might be large too? 

Also, I mean if we look at European influence, then on a global scale, the exploits of a country like England dwarf that of Finland, Sweden, Denmark, etc. Perhaps the Brits are just much smarter or (gasp) superior to everyone else in Europe? 

After all we are typing their language as the defacto universal language. 

Beyond that I don't really ascribe to the theory that intelligence is some kind of "super power" like a X-Men mutant power that you're gifted or bestowed upon. It's more like a muscle, and like any muscle to develop it you have to work it out, and people who work out more are naturally going to be stronger/bigger than people who don't excercise. 

Soundwave said:
Slimebeast said:

Well if genetic variation between just siblings is quite large, wouldn't it stand to reason that genetic variation between hundreds of millions of people might be large too? 

Also, I mean if we look at European influence, then on a global scale, the exploits of a country like England dwarf that of Finland, Sweden, Denmark, etc. Perhaps the Brits are just much smarter than everyone else in Europe? 

Yes, of course geneteic variation is very large within populations. But it's fairly large between populations too. That's what we're trying to argue. There's always going to be measurable variation no matter what trait you study.

But to compare the historical power of England with Sweden and Finland's, that is controlled by so many other variables: historical, geographical, social, cultural. Genetics is just a small part of that specific comparison.

User moderated - Bristow9091

Nov 2016 - NES outsells PS1 (JP)

Don't Play Stationary 4 ever. Switch!

Slimebeast said:
Soundwave said:

Also, I mean if we look at European influence, then on a global scale, the exploits of a country like England dwarf that of Finland, Sweden, Denmark, etc. Perhaps the Brits are just much smarter than everyone else in Europe? 

Yes, of course geneteic variation is very large within populations. But fairly large between populations too. That's what we're trying to argue. There's always going to be measurable variation no matter what trait you study.

But to compare the historical power of England with Sweden and Finland's, that is controlled by so many other variables: historical, geographical, social, cultural. Genetics is just a small part of that specific comparison.

Even so, if your defacto point is European ancestry is somehow superior, how is it that they're not the top of the food chain on these tests. 

Superiority means being no.1, getting the gold medal, not a 5th place ribbon last time I checked. If someone said their son or daughter was the best swimmer in their school because they finished 5th overall I would laugh (at least on the inside). So I'm not sure why white supremasists run to this reasoning (could be likely that they're not exactly the brightest bulbs in the pack to begin with) as it isn't particularily flattering to them in the first place. 

All these conferences remind me of a parent trying to get their child (who has learned to lie) to tell the complete truth about what happened. The child of course, just spins the web and creates more lies, until they run out of them, or they realize the parent isn't going to give up or give in.

Now while Trump is trying to do the right thing, the problem is that he is scolding other adults, who won't give up easily like a child will, and the only chance Trump has of getting anywhere with the media is to continue this campaign for truth, for a very long time. Which may prove futile, regardless.
The other problem Trump has is that some people don't like to see this (mostly dems), because their used to, or expect, the President to act like royalty and not a normal everyday human being. They want him to act like a sophisticated big shot and show the world how great America is by using big words and talking tough to other countries, while keeping everything else about America's faults out of the spotlight.

I also don't think Trump is 100% right or always honest, but the way he acts strikes me as if Trump knows if he's completely honest, that the media will eat him alive, even if he is doing the right thing. So he simply does what they do. He lies and spins the truth sometimes, which works in his favor, because it makes it much harder for the media to make him look bad. He's basically telling the media that if they wanna play the game this way, he's going to make it as difficult as possible for them. Almost every pitch will be inside or outside the zone, rarely up the middle, and he'll walk the batters he needs to, one after another, all night long. However, If they want to go back to playing by the official rules, than lets play ball.