By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Trump's First Solo Press Conference as President

EricHiggin said:
All these conferences remind me of a parent trying to get their child (who has learned to lie) to tell the complete truth about what happened. The child of course, just spins the web and creates more lies, until they run out of them, or they realize the parent isn't going to give up or give in.

Now while Trump is trying to do the right thing, the problem is that he is scolding other adults, who won't give up easily like a child will, and the only chance Trump has of getting anywhere with the media is to continue this campaign for truth, for a very long time. Which may prove futile, regardless.
The other problem Trump has is that some people don't like to see this (mostly dems), because their used to, or expect, the President to act like royalty and not a normal everyday human being. They want him to act like a sophisticated big shot and show the world how great America is by using big words and talking tough to other countries, while keeping everything else about America's faults out of the spotlight.

I also don't think Trump is 100% right or always honest, but the way he acts strikes me as if Trump knows if he's completely honest, that the media will eat him alive, even if he is doing the right thing. So he simply does what they do. He lies and spins the truth sometimes, which works in his favor, because it makes it much harder for the media to make him look bad. He's basically telling the media that if they wanna play the game this way, he's going to make it as difficult as possible for them. Almost every pitch will be inside or outside the zone, rarely up the middle, and he'll walk the batters he needs to, one after another, all night long. However, If they want to go back to playing by the official rules, than lets play ball.

If there's nothing wrong or shady going on, then why did Trump fire his own National Security Advisor? And don't give me the "media made him" nonsense, if that was the case Bannon would've been fired three weeks ago. If anything Trump is very good at creating a circus of stupidity around himself to deflect from the real issue. 

Something IMO is going on here and it should be fully investigated. If the Republicans blew their panties over a freaking blow job for Bill Clinton, this certainly warrants a full investigation. 

Around the Network

This is great. Even Faux News is turning. Though Shepard is the only one on that network who has balls. 

FIT_Gamer said:

This is great. Even Faux News is turning. Though Shepard is the only one on that network who has balls. 

Agreed the American people have a right to know. Everything about Trump, Flynn, Manafort, and Tillerson and their ties to Russia should be investigated impartially by an indepedant committee. If Trump has nothing to hide he should have no problem with that. 

Pyro as Bill said:

What America really needs right now, is a new centre, because the right is hopeless, and the left is irredeemable

Around the Network
Angelus said:

What America really needs right now, is a new centre, because the right is hopeless, and the left is irredeemable

The left doesn't even really exist. It's all center right or right. 

FIT_Gamer said:
Angelus said:

Bernie Sanders is the only real leftist in American politics in ages, and he did surprisingly well, Obama and Clinton especially are basically centrists. Trump is wacky tabacky right wing, I honestly don't even know if he really believes half his own bullshit, but at this point he sold everyone on a sales pitch and is kinda anchored to it. He can't reverse ship because it would make him look weak and the Donald is all about appearances. 

Soundwave said:
FIT_Gamer said:

Bernie Sanders is the only real leftist in American politics in ages, and he did surprisingly well, Obama and Clinton especially are basically centrists. Trump is wacky tabacky right wing, I honestly don't even know if he really believes half his own bullshit, but at this point he sold everyone on a sales pitch and is kinda anchored to it. He can't reverse ship because it would make him look weak and the Donald is all about appearances. 

And even then, Bernie wasn't that far off from the centre. He wanted more social welfare and benefits, but he didn't suggest anything too drastic.

VGPolyglot said:
Soundwave said:

And even then, Bernie wasn't that far off from the centre. He wanted more social welfare and benefits, but he didn't suggest anything too drastic.

That is drastic for American politics, lol. 

@VGPolyglot

Seriously, look at what Communism boils down to.

Everyone has to value everything the same or the system collapses. A bottle of water is worth the same to the man in the rainforest as it does to the man in the desert.

A freshly manufactured parachute is worth the same as the one on the plane that's about to crash.

It's fucking stupid.

Human's value everything differently and that's what makes free trade/capitalism possible. If we didn't value things differently we'd be robots. Communism doesn't even work in theory. There's no such thing as anarcho-communism because someone has to enforce it. You want society/collective to do it. The same society that burned witches, enslaved black people and castrated homosexuals.

A week's pay in a 1st world society would give you enough cash for a tent, pasta and water so you could fuck off into the wilderness and be as Commy as you want. Instead you want to steal my shit and my family's shit to live in a Utopia that isn't possible so long as humans are humans.

You're the antithesis of everything that makes life life and humans human.

YOU'RE THE BAD GUYS!!!

Capitalism/free trade aka 'shit has to be paid for' is what has led us out of the jungle and indentured servitude. It's humans freely trading with each other that has extended our lifespans and taken us off the land so we can enjoy life. It was 'the evil richies' that ended slavery and abolished the peasant class while dirty, filthy Communists considered any peasant farmer with a horse to be a 'wicked capitalist'.

Communism led to people eating their own children. Does that not give you a clue to how wicked and evil it is?

Fascism>>>>>>>>>ISIS>Communism

Nov 2016 - NES outsells PS1 (JP)

Don't Play Stationary 4 ever. Switch!