By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo Switch missing XY Feature = Not Buying

No analogue triggers - correction not something to add to list

Around the Network

No backwards compatibility

bonzobanana said:
No backwards compatibility

It does have ass backwards compatibility though.

No speaker and no mic on the Joy-Cons. Seriously Nintendo, how can I use them as a babyphone replacement?

Intel Core i7 8700K | 32 GB DDR 4 PC 3200 | ROG STRIX Z370-F Gaming | RTX 3090 FE| Crappy Monitor| HTC Vive Pro :3

No support for frying pans
No handler for beer cans
No hook for hanging it on walls
No integration with house heaters
No integration with washing machines
No wheels, can´t use it as a skateboard
No propeller, can´t use it as a drone
No wiper on the screen
No fuel tank

Well.... I´m not buying it this year anyway. So I can wait until it has all those features.

Around the Network
Faelco said:
You forgot the "No way to charge the Joy Cons while playing without paying an additional $30 fee" one ^^.

Did they confirm that while playing in portable mode + Charging it with the USB cable doesn't charge the Joycons? 

Pocky Lover Boy! 

malistix1985 said:
I tought this year was going to be hard for me since 2 consoles are releasing and I wanted to buy one next to my PS4 but the choice to add the scorpio instead of the switch was the easiest in history, by the reasons you mentioned, its an unfinished product with not a lot of games or hardware specs to boost

If this product is ever going to be desirable its going to be 2-3 years from now when they updated the software, changed the online functions and made a ton of good games and the hardware managed to sale a decent number and drop to a respectable price.

For now most of the games I want are on PS4 and when I buy the Scorpio I will be able to pick up a few exclusives I missed for not owning a Xbox Earlier and play third party games in the best console-experience possible

I don't know how it's "the easiest in history" when Scropio's games are going to be the same standard AAA, dark, gun-laden games over and over again. If you own a PS4, the same exact style of games are going to be on Scorpio. It's like buying two of the same black hooded sweatshirts. Yeah, they're different brands and yeah, if you look really, really closesly you can see a slightly different stitching. But really, in the end, it's the same fucking thing.

Reasons, I am not buying a Switch at launch anymore;

-No 3G/4G LTE
-No Calling and Text
-No Mario
-No Donkey Kong
-No Pokemon
-Not a Zelda Fan (Interested in BotW, but not enough for a $300 device exclusivly for it.)
-No Web Browser
-Unfinished Online Service
-No Streaming Apps (Music and Video)
-No Local Apps (Music, Video)
-No Support for Any of the Thousands of Apps that already run on Tegra, and no promise of making an easy way for devs to port their Android Games and Apps to Switch.

Reasons I Am Still Getting Switch By Years End;
-Super Mario Odyssey
-Did not buy or recieve a WiiU
-I want Access to 1st Party IP from All Three Manufacturers

Stop hate, let others live the life they were given. Everyone has their problems, and no one should have to feel ashamed for the way they were born. Be proud of who you are, encourage others to be proud of themselves. Learn, research, absorb everything around you. Nothing is meaningless, a purpose is placed on everything no matter how you perceive it. Discover how to love, and share that love with everything that you encounter. Help make existence a beautiful thing.

Kevyn B Grams
10/03/2010 

KBG29 on PSN&XBL

I mainly want to know more about their online and OS.

no controller BC (maybe in the future)
no free online (paid in the future)
no SpotPass (waiting on OS details)
no family account (waiting on online details)
no eShop transfer (waiting on online details)
no apps (if good enough, just the browser includes possibility to stream, email, social, etc)

Still getting it at launch

@Twitter | Switch | Steam

You say tomato, I say tomato 

"¡Viva la Ñ!"

pray4mojo said:
malistix1985 said:
I tought this year was going to be hard for me since 2 consoles are releasing and I wanted to buy one next to my PS4 but the choice to add the scorpio instead of the switch was the easiest in history, by the reasons you mentioned, its an unfinished product with not a lot of games or hardware specs to boost

If this product is ever going to be desirable its going to be 2-3 years from now when they updated the software, changed the online functions and made a ton of good games and the hardware managed to sale a decent number and drop to a respectable price.

For now most of the games I want are on PS4 and when I buy the Scorpio I will be able to pick up a few exclusives I missed for not owning a Xbox Earlier and play third party games in the best console-experience possible

I don't know how it's "the easiest in history" when Scropio's games are going to be the same standard AAA, dark, gun-laden games over and over again. If you own a PS4, the same exact style of games are going to be on Scorpio. It's like buying two of the same black hooded sweatshirts. Yeah, they're different brands and yeah, if you look really, really closesly you can see a slightly different stitching. But really, in the end, it's the same fucking thing.

Come on, Xbox and PlayStation are not that similar. Gears, Halo, Quantum Break, Forza Horizon, Sunset Overdrive, Killer Instinct, they all make Xbox unique. On PlayStation you have Ratchet and Clank, Any Game from Quantic Dreams, Little Big Planet, Uncharted, The Last Of Us, God of War, VR, and a whole lot more. All of these games are the real deal. You can break down any cosnole as nothing special, if you just say, they have an RPG, a Platformer, a Racer, a Party Game, a Puzzler, and so on. Each console has its own personality and feel, and that is why we have core fans of each manufacturer. Xbox and PlayStation may share a lot of 3rd party games, but from a 1st party stand point, and an OS standpoint they are very different animals.

Stop hate, let others live the life they were given. Everyone has their problems, and no one should have to feel ashamed for the way they were born. Be proud of who you are, encourage others to be proud of themselves. Learn, research, absorb everything around you. Nothing is meaningless, a purpose is placed on everything no matter how you perceive it. Discover how to love, and share that love with everything that you encounter. Help make existence a beautiful thing.

Kevyn B Grams
10/03/2010 

KBG29 on PSN&XBL