By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo Switch missing XY Feature = Not Buying

You could make a list for every console but it doesn't help. As long as dickhead publishers release good games exclusively on single platforms there is no way around buying them anyway.

The Switch could be the shittiest console in the world, but as long as it has good exclusive games it will be bought. And that's why consoles are still shit. Because console makers get away with it every single gen.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Around the Network
vivster said:
You could make a list for every console but it doesn't help. As long as dickhead publishers release good games exclusively on single platforms there is no way around buying them anyway.

The Switch could be the shittiest console in the world, but as long as it has good exclusive games it will be bought. And that's why consoles are still shit. Because console makers get away with it every single gen.

Sadly not always the case that decent exclusive software sells consoles, for example the Dreamcast and wii u. Features, performance level and pricing are all factors but the big ones are branding and marketing.

spurgeonryan said:
I find the no head phones kind of dumb. We are just supposed to play it on the go without head phones or is it wireless headphones?

The Switch has a headphone socket for portable mode people just want to use headphones from the controller itself in home mode. A feature on competing platforms and the older wii u.

bonzobanana said:
vivster said:

Sadly not always the case that decent exclusive software sells consoles, for example the Dreamcast and wii u. Features, performance level and pricing are all factors but the big ones are branding and marketing.

Well I know for myself that if consoles didn't have exclusives I would never ever buy them. That's why people buy consoles. Everything else is just to decide which of the shitty boxes you should take.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

No console.

Around the Network

We can add to that list of missing features a decent battery for the system, and a free, non-paid online version once the fee activates!

As long as it's not missing the single most important feature, being great games, I'll buy it eventually.

spurgeonryan said:
I find the no head phones kind of dumb. We are just supposed to play it on the go without head phones or is it wireless headphones?

The console is just unfinished and not prepared enough for a launch. But they had to release it in this fiscal year, so just ended up releasing what's ready now and will finish the software parts later (online, OS, features...). The hardware state never really mattered here, the things like "no headphones in docked mode", "no voice chat", or "no controller charging while playing" being finally considered optional (even if they're all common features since last gen IMO).

I wouldn't be surprised if we see a finished Switch V2 in a couple of years with these features.

No wired controller saving the use of batteries just because wireless is the future, psh, Nintendo forgetting their first fans are now old out of touch people

Faelco said:
You forgot the "No way to charge the Joy Cons while playing without paying an additional $30 fee" one ^^.

This