By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Prediction: switch will sell 1 million in its first month

Why OP still isn't banned!?

Warned ~ CGI

Around the Network
Miyamotoo said:
Why OP still isn't banned!?

So he is US President ?  

That would bé disapointing if it doesnt sell One million day one

Predictions for end of 2014 HW sales:

PS4: 17m   XB1: 10m    WiiU: 10m   Vita: 10m

Well... pre orders are already sold out. So... no. Itll sell all two million, and then some, in it's first month.

The Screamapillar is easily identified by its constant screaming—it even screams in its sleep. The Screamapillar is the favorite food of everything, is sexually attracted to fire, and needs constant reassurance or it will die.

IF I made a thread saying xbox or playstation might struggle with sales the mods would have no problem! system rigged

Around the Network

You really like to play with Nintendo fanboys heart, right?

Geralt said:

IF I made a thread saying xbox or playstation might struggle with sales the mods would have no problem! system rigged

Are you so afraid to get banned?

Geralt said:
CGI-Quality said:

Day one? Perhaps not. 1m within the first month, however, is as safe a bet as it gets, here.

What a handsome man! The man said 2 million preorders implying 2 million will pick it up day one. Who preorders without picking it up as soon as possible??

The fact that Kimishima wants to increase production to meet demands is proof that the Switch will surpass it's initial world wide shipment numbers.

Geralt said:

Nintendo is shipping two million i am willing to bet they will only sell half of that. Here are my reasonings:

Nintendo does better during holidays

The reveal has been a disaster

While the concept of the switch is awesome it has not been taken well by even some fans due to low battery life

Zelda isnt exclusive

Japan continues to be a weak market

Wii u left a bad taste in some peoples mouths

Paid online makes it less desirable for a second console

No backwards compatibility 

Price is too high

1. Yea, but this is launch so holiday won't make anyone dying to have one wait.

2. Um... no? The Wii U was a disaster. The 3ds was a disaster. The Wii was a disaster. The Switch has been anything but one. The internet is cheap and going to be much better, they aren't selling it for $350 and forcing us to have another Nintendoland like game that people dont really enjoy a ton like they did with the Wii U, there is going to be a ZELDA game on day 1 (a brand new one). I could go on, but I'll go to your next points.

3. Sorry, but for a handheld to be pumping out that quality graphics and some crazy 6th dimension touch vibrations for it to last more than 2 hours is amazing. The battery is fine. This isn't a handheld; This is a console you can take on the go.

4. The better version of Zelda. If anything, the wii u is the port not the switch version. Twilight princess proved releasing it on two devices is financially a good choice for Nintendo, as did Windwaker HD and now Twilight Princess HD.

5. Since its more portable, this will probably do far better than the ps4 and Wii u combined in Japan.

6. The only people that hated Wii U were ones that didn't play its games or wanted 3rd party games more. Those of us that played their 1st party games (for the most part) loved it. It's the new gamecube.

7. It's $15-20 a year, get over it! You pay more than that on completely useless things that you dont even enjoy. And if it makes it better, good! I'm sick of bad Nintendo internet lagfest.

8. The Gamecube could play gameboy advanced, the wii had it, the wii u had it, and they said they may add it in the future patch. Regardless, it's a totally differnet type of device, so I'm not too bummed. Not to mention not many had Wii U, so this won't annoy too many people.

9. Adjust for inflation and this is the same launch price as Wii and many other systems. Most systems have launched for $300 or more dollars at launch (adjust for inflation), so get over it again lol.

Finally, this console has already sold out of like all its preorders at 2 million units shipped, which means in like the first day/week it will sell more than 2 million worldwide.

Random_Matt said:
They allocated 2m WW, all sold out.

I don't believe that's correct. They said they will ship 2M until the end of March but we don't know many has been allotted for shipment.