By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Prediction: switch will sell 1 million in its first month

Geralt said:

IF I made a thread saying xbox or playstation might struggle with sales the mods would have no problem! system rigged

If you made 3 of them every day, or whatever amount you are making, you would have problems. Specially since they all have the same message.

Bet with bluedawgs: I say Switch will outsell PS4 in 2018, he says PS4 will outsell Switch. He's now permabanned, but the bet will remain in my sig.

NNID: Slarvax - Steam: Slarvax - Friend Code:  SW 7885-0552-5988

Around the Network

i predict a 95% sell-through for the first month in Japan

areason said:
Nogamez said:
Omg it's you with the switch threads again.

You can't not say that it is bad entertainement! 

Nogamez said:

Freedom of speech is not really a thing though is it? Can you walk around swearing at the top of your voice? Or go to work and call your boss a cunt? I don't know if you can because I'm British and we DON'T have freedom of speech for instance I couldn't walk in a Indian and say racist things. The OP is making a nuisance of himself and deliberately trying to provoke Switch fans.

Calling your boss a cunt doesn't throw you in jail, so yes you can.

And your boss can fire you for it.

Too many people confuse consequences with cencorship. If you're going to talk shit you're going to have to deal with the fallout. Geralt made threads bashing Nintendo in general and the Switch in particular several times now, no matter how 'subtle' he may go about it. Miguel_Zorro made him face consequences for that behaviour. He even left the threat up and open. No one is getting cencored here.

It will easily...how do I know??? I bought the lot. I'm the ultimate scalper ;)

Geralt said:
[...]

What a handsome man! The man said 2 million preorders implying 2 million will pick it up day one. Who preorders without picking it up as soon as possible??

Me. I'm on a business trip on March 3rd, so I'll get my pre-order not right away but about a week later. I also didn't pay in advance, so I guess my Switch won't count as sold in the first week. I may be only one of a few, but I just wanted to show that not everyone is able to get the system Day 1, even if they want to. Sadly. =/

Official member of VGC's Nintendo family, approved by the one and only RolStoppable. I feel honored.

Around the Network
Geralt said:

Nintendo is shipping two million i am willing to bet they will only sell half of that. Here are my reasonings:

Nintendo does better during holidays

The reveal has been a disaster

While the concept of the switch is awesome it has not been taken well by even some fans due to low battery life

Zelda isnt exclusive

Japan continues to be a weak market

Wii u left a bad taste in some peoples mouths

Paid online makes it less desirable for a second console

No backwards compatibility 

Price is too high

Except for the holiday sales reason, all of your other reasons are pure and utter BS

Just a guy who doesn't want to be bored. Also

zippy said:

You go man! You do your own thing

Just a guy who doesn't want to be bored. Also

Geralt said:

Nintendo is shipping two million i am willing to bet they will only sell half of that. Here are my reasonings:

Nintendo does better during holidays

The reveal has been a disaster

> your opinion

While the concept of the switch is awesome it has not been taken well by even some fans due to low battery life

> you seem to forget forum users != actual demographic. Sure we are gaming lovers, but we're no majority

Zelda isnt exclusive

> Twilight Princess sold less on Gamecube than on Wii, though it makes the Gamecube version more expensive for collectors nowadays.

besides, Wii U + Zelda = 350/360. Switch + Zelda = 350/360

While a Wii U owner might consider getting the game on Wii U, a new buyer should go for the latest system

Japan continues to be a weak market

> yet is the market that's gonna benefit from the concept the most

Wii u left a bad taste in some peoples mouths

> I guess this point's legit, though only Wii U owners should feel that way

Paid online makes it less desirable for a second console

> every console should be a second gaming device, PC is the way. And everyday people tell you it's not even that relevent compared to other paid onlines, due to concept

No backwards compatibility 

> but seems easy for them to port Wii U games to Switch

Price is too high

> price is high, but gaming isn't a necessity, it's a hobby. Yet it's okay and it can get price drops.

I don't know of any retailers currently taking pre-orders. My Amazon notification? Never sent which either means their allocation never hit open orders, or Amazon's well oiled and tuned notification system failed.

I have more than just a feeling that anyone who wants to pick up a Switch at retail during the launch may go home empty handed.

I wouldn't be surprised at all if the initial 2m allocation never sees shelves.

Eagle367 said:
zippy said:

You go man! You do your own thing

2 million Switch...I'm dreading the credit card bill on pay day :)