By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Prediction: switch will sell 1 million in its first month

It should sell more than that, if it doesn't then it's in trouble.

PSN ID: Stokesy 

Add me if you want but let me know youre from this website

Around the Network
Barkley said:
bananaking21 said:

You do realise this is basically censorship right? If he trolls just lock and/or ban him. But don't shut people up because you don't like his threads. 

And what's wrong with that?

Anyway there's nothing wrong with banning someone from creating the same threads over and over. I applaud Miguel for actually taking action based on intuition, rather than letting someone do what they want regardless of their easily percieved intentions.

There is something called freedom of speech that this site user to brag about having. But this trend of censorship is growing slowly yet steadily. I understand there are rules to keep things civil and reasonable. But banning someone to even make posts about something is certainly not granting people the freedom of speech

bananaking21 said:

There is something called freedom of speech that this site user to brag about having. But this trend of censorship is growing slowly yet steadily. I understand there are rules to keep things civil and reasonable. But banning someone to even make posts about something is certainly not granting people the freedom of speech

This is a Video Game Forum, 'freedom of speech' is not a necessity, if someone wants to make a site where you're only allowed to praise the virtual boy they are within their rights to do so and it wouldn't be some horrific event, but regardless his opinion isn't being 'censored' because of what it is, (if it even is what he truly thinks). It's being censored because it is repeated in threads designed to get a rise out of other users on the site.

It's the intentions and delivery not the actual message.

I reckon it will sell 3-4 million due to a large number of nintendo enthusiasts, after that whether it falls off a cliff and continues to sell at a very low level or finds a wider audience is unknown. I'm not going to confuse my lack of desire for the Switch with what's happening at retail. I do think some markets especially in Europe and poorer regions will be very resistant to Switch at current pricing at least. It seems to be having a healthy launch in the US who have a larger disposable income.

bananaking21 said:
Barkley said:

And what's wrong with that?

Anyway there's nothing wrong with banning someone from creating the same threads over and over. I applaud Miguel for actually taking action based on intuition, rather than letting someone do what they want regardless of their easily percieved intentions.

Freedom of speech is not really a thing though is it? Can you walk around swearing at the top of your voice? Or go to work and call your boss a cunt? I don't know if you can because I'm British and we DON'T have freedom of speech for instance I couldn't walk in a Indian and say racist things. The OP is making a nuisance of himself and deliberately trying to provoke Switch fans.

Around the Network
bonzobanana said:
I reckon it will sell 3-4 million due to a large number of nintendo enthusiasts, after that whether it falls off a cliff and continues to sell at a very low level or finds a wider audience is unknown. I'm not going to confuse my lack of desire for the Switch with what's happening at retail. I do think some markets especially in Europe and poorer regions will be very resistant to Switch at current pricing at least. It seems to be having a healthy launch in the US who have a larger disposable income.

I agree, it really depends on how many units Nintendo ship, I doubt they'll be able to produce more then the demand from the core Nintendo audience, 2-3 Million. I also agree that Europe is going to be a very tough market for the Switch compared to NA and especially Japan.

Random_Matt said:
They allocated 2m WW, all sold out.

They arnt going to allow all the stock they plan to ship the first month, be allowed to shops day1.

Theres no way that even if its now sold out, that it means its sold 2m via pre orders.

Nintendo alteast kept half of that, to ship lateron to stores.

So if its sold out everywhere now, atmost Id think that ment half of the 2m planned first month shipments.

Yes I believe the OP to be wrong, I wouldnt be surprised if Nintendo did 1m day1.

And probably managed 2m within the first month.

However dont count chicken that arnt hatched yet. Its not sold 2m now, just because its sold out.

Zelda being on the wii-u doesn't matter as the people who would buy zelda would also get the switch with zelda on launch if they have the funds.

Also Nintendo never underships hardware, they do the opposite and create "artificial demand".

Nogamez said:
Omg it's you with the switch threads again.

You can't not say that it is bad entertainement! 

Nogamez said:
bananaking21 said:

Freedom of speech is not really a thing though is it? Can you walk around swearing at the top of your voice? Or go to work and call your boss a cunt? I don't know if you can because I'm British and we DON'T have freedom of speech for instance I couldn't walk in a Indian and say racist things. The OP is making a nuisance of himself and deliberately trying to provoke Switch fans.

Calling your boss a cunt doesn't throw you in jail, so yes you can.

Typo: first day, not first month. It's okay, I can forgive you.

Bet with Intrinsic:

The Switch will outsell 3DS (based on VGchartz numbers), according to me, while Intrinsic thinks the opposite will hold true. One month avatar control for the loser's avatar.