By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Will the new Zelda sell better on wii u or switch?

Alkibiádēs said:
maxleresistant said:

the difference here is that Sony is not trying to sell you another handheld pretending they didn't screw you with the Vita.

Sony did screw up, badly, but they got out completely, but if Sony came back with another handheld, I would say the same thing : "don't buy it, you can't trust them"

It's kind of different to me though, because I didn't buy the PSP or the Vita, so it's less personal, I didn't get screwed personnally by Sony.

The Switch is the succesor to both the Wii U and 3DS. The 3DS was a reasonable success and had great support from Nintendo. 

If Nintendo was going to make another seperate handheld and home console only then would they be screwing you over (because they can't support two platforms at once). But that's not the case now. 

I don't know why you are talking about that, I'm talking about doing the right thing for the WiiU customers, that has nothing to do with the Switch replacing both the WiiU and 3DS.

the Switch is replacing the WiiU, WiiU customers got screwed over and nothing was done to rebuild the trust between them and Nintendo. That's all there is to it.

Around the Network
maxleresistant said:
Alkibiádēs said:

The Switch is the succesor to both the Wii U and 3DS. The 3DS was a reasonable success and had great support from Nintendo. 

If Nintendo was going to make another seperate handheld and home console only then would they be screwing you over (because they can't support two platforms at once). But that's not the case now. 

I don't know why you are talking about that, I'm talking about doing the right thing for the WiiU customers, that has nothing to do with the Switch replacing both the WiiU and 3DS.

the Switch is replacing the WiiU, WiiU customers got screwed over and nothing was done to rebuild the trust between them and Nintendo. That's all there is to it.

You didn't get screwed over though, Nintendo supported it more than they should have if we go by sales (just look at how Sony treated the PS Vita). 

For Nintendo to screw you over they should have done something anti-consumer like making Breath of the Wild a Switch exclusive. They didn't do that, it even releases on the same day. 

"The strong do what they can and the weak suffer what they must" - Thoukydides

160rmf said:
maxleresistant said:

Yes. I own every piece of Nintendo hardware

So what? You don't represent any nintendo fan here. Your POV means shit here, you are not going dictate what is good or acceptable in a general sense. No need to say how your arguments and statements are pretty much flawed.

Get better and try harder next time.

Thank god I don't have the same POV as today's Nintendo fans. I am capable of criticism, something apparently lost since the Wii era.

Easily on the Switch, it's going to be almost the same as with Twilight Princess.

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

Alkibiádēs said:
maxleresistant said:

You didn't get screwed over though, Nintendo supported it more than they should have if we go by sales (just look at how Sony treated the PS Vita). 

For Nintendo to screw you over they should have done something anti-consumer like making Breath of the Wild a Switch exclusive. They didn't do that, it even releases on the same day. 

Not supporting your system is anti consumer, what do you think happened to all the 2016 games that was supposed to be released on WiiU? they didn't vanish into thin air, the projects moved to Switch. I don't think Nintendo delivered on the promise they made to the consumers when they sold them the WiiU, a lot franchises were not released on it, and a lot of games were rushed, unfinished or had half the content they should have had.

Also the sales of the WiiU are only Nintendo's fault, they should have reacted faster when they saw the WiiU failing, they should have dropped the gamepad (since they barely used it anyway...), made the console a lot cheaper, like 200 with one game. Like Microsoft did with the Xbox One and Kinect.

As for Zelda, the reason why the WiiU version is released on the day as the Switch version, is because Nintendo pushed it back to 2017 for the Switch launch, we know the game could have been released at least end of 2016 on WiiU. Don't be so naive.

Anyway it's not just about "being screwed", it's more about not being sure that Nintendo is able to deliver on their promises anymore, on the quality and quantity of content they used to make.  Today, I just don't know that if the Switch is not a success, Nintendo will  do what is necessarry. The switch has poor 3rd party support, the first party support isn't stellar either, and I can't say that I am sure that things will pick up later, not after what happened with the WiiU.

There was a time, when I bought a Nintendo console, I knew I was going to get "this", now I don't know what I'm going to get. Do you understand the problem here?

Around the Network
maxleresistant said:
Alkibiádēs said:

Not supporting your system is anti consumer, what do you think happened to all the 2016 games that was supposed to be released on WiiU? they didn't vanish into thin air, the projects moved to Switch. I don't think Nintendo delivered on the promise they made to the consumers when they sold them the WiiU, a lot franchises were not released on it, and a lot of games were rushed, unfinished or had half the content they should have had.

Also the sales of the WiiU are only Nintendo's fault, they should have reacted faster when they saw the WiiU failing, they should have dropped the gamepad (since they barely used it anyway...), made the console a lot cheaper, like 200 with one game. Like Microsoft did with the Xbox One and Kinect.

As for Zelda, the reason why the WiiU version is released on the day as the Switch version, is because Nintendo pushed it back to 2017 for the Switch launch, we know the game could have been released at least end of 2016 on WiiU. Don't be so naive.

Anyway it's not just about "being screwed", it's more about not being sure that Nintendo is able to deliver on their promises anymore, on the quality and quantity of content they used to make.  Today, I just don't know that if the Switch is not a success, Nintendo will  do what is necessarry. The switch has poor 3rd party support, the first party support isn't stellar either, and I can't say that I am sure that things will pick up later, not after what happened with the WiiU.

There was a time, when I bought a Nintendo console, I knew I was going to get "this", now I don't know what I'm going to get. Do you understand the problem here?

What games did Nintendo promise that got moved to the Switch? If they never promised these games how are they screwing you over? Of course they moved projects over to the Switch after they saw the Wii U was a lost cause, that's what any smart business would do. 

As for Zelda, TP was also delayed for a Wii port and it released two weeks before the GC version. 

Yes, the sales of the Wii U are Nintendo's fault, but it's not like they did it on purpose. 

And Nintendo's games on the Wii U weren't really bad...

Super Mario 3D World: 93%

Super Smash Bros. 4: 92%

Bayonetta 2 (wouldn't exist without Nintendo financing it): 91%

The Legend of Zelda Wind Waker HD: 90%

Mario Kart 8: 88%

Super Mario Maker: 88%

Pikmin 3: 87%

Twilight Princess HD: 86%

Xenoblade Chronicles 2: 84%

New Super Mario Bros. U: 84%

Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze: 83%

Splatoon: 81% (and it got a butt load of free dlc after release)

Captain Toad: 81%

Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE: 80%

Pushmo World: 80%

Sony has 13 games that scored at least 80% on metacritic (and many are remasters). 

"The strong do what they can and the weak suffer what they must" - Thoukydides

Alkibiádēs said:
maxleresistant said:

What games did Nintendo promise that got moved to the Switch? If they never promised these games how are they screwing you over? Of course they moved projects over to the Switch after they saw the Wii U was a lost cause, that's what any smart business would do. 

As for Zelda, TP was also delayed for a Wii port and it released two weeks before the GC version. 

Yes, the sales of the Wii U are Nintendo's fault, but it's not like they did it on purpose. 

And Nintendo's games on the Wii U weren't really bad...

Super Mario 3D World: 93%

Super Smash Bros. 4: 92%

Bayonetta 2 (wouldn't exist without Nintendo financing it): 91%

The Legend of Zelda Wind Waker HD: 90%

Mario Kart 8: 88%

Super Mario Maker: 88%

Pikmin 3: 87%

Twilight Princess HD: 86%

Xenoblade Chronicles 2: 84%

New Super Mario Bros. U: 84%

Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze: 83%

Splatoon: 81% (and it got a butt load of free dlc after release)

Captain Toad: 81%

Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE: 80%

Pushmo World: 80%

Sony has 13 games that scored at least 80% on metacritic (and many are remasters). 

My point is pretty clear, I'm not going to explain it again, you'll just have to read my comment correctly this time if you want to understand it. I'm done.

I do understand where maxleresistant is coming from; as a Wii U owner myself, I'd be lying if I said I didn't feel a little burned by it, and as a result Switch is the first Nintendo system I'm wary of buying.

Honestly, If I were to have my way there wouldn't even be a Wii U option. Waste of time and resources, Zelda has the capability to push a lot of Switch Hardware right out the gate. Every ounce of energy at Nintendo should be directed into making sure BOTW is the greatest gamer of all time.

Black Women Are The Most Beautiful Women On The Planet.

"In video game terms, RPGs are games that involve a form of separate battles taking place with a specialized battle system and the use of a system that increases your power through a form of points.

Sure, what you say is the definition, but the connotation of RPGs is what they are in video games." - dtewi

ShadowSoldier said:
Honestly, If I were to have my way there wouldn't even be a Wii U option. Waste of time and resources, Zelda has the capability to push a lot of Switch Hardware right out the gate. Every ounce of energy at Nintendo should be directed into making sure BOTW is the greatest gamer of all time.

It will still push a lot of Switch hardware. 

Still releasing it on Wii U was the right move, as it showed customers that Nintendo could be trusted to keep their promises. It would have significantly damaged their relationship with their fanbase if they'd canned the U version.