By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Will the new Zelda sell better on wii u or switch?

Between being so late in the Wii U;s lifespan and plenty of Wii U owners willing or happy to upgrade to the Switch version the Wii U version is not going to reach 2 million.

As THE premiere launch game for the Switch, and one of very few launch games altogether, it will set sales charts on fire on the newer system. Practically everyone will get it at launch, and it will have legs on a system with a growing install base which will be far greater than the Wii U's ever was.

Even if Nintendo were to make the same number of units for the Wii U as for the Switch the latter would outsell the former by a considerable amount.

Around the Network
Jranation said:
Total will probably be at 8mil LT.
- Switch 7mil
- Wii U 1mil

Yeah that's more like it. Nice signature btw

Aerys said:
maxleresistant said:

obviously on switch, Nintendo fans can't wait to let go of their WiiU and spend 300 bucks on Nintendo's shiny new device.
That's always something Nintendo can't count on, their fans just don't have any principles or self respect.

Besides Nintendo will never produce more of the WiiU version than the switch's, so It just can't sell more.

Moderated - Miguel

Lol i guess you have high Friends in thé modération to not bé banned for that

Youre not exactly wrong though, especially on Nintendo forcing WiiU version failure

What can I say, I'm a lovable asshole.

I just don't get why people are so easily swayed.  Even Nintendo said themselves that they wouldn't kill the WiiU early because they didn't want to damage their releationship with their customers, then they did it anyway and everybody is absolutely fine.

We're basically saying "I don't mind spending 300 bucks on a console that will be supported for 3 years". This is outrageous!

Maybe I would actually be ok if the Switch was an improvment over the WiiU, instead of being the same console but portable... But I'm not spending 300 bucks again, and buying 70 bucks controllers , I'm not repeating the same mistake. This thing has no third party support, Nintendo is still not bringing the games we asked for and it's still too expensive for what it is (Miyamoto himself said the WiiU was too expensive, and they just repeat the same mistake)

Nintendo may not have learn from their mistakes, but I did. I'm out of this crap.

maxleresistant said:
Aerys said:

Youre not exactly wrong though, especially on Nintendo forcing WiiU version failure

I just don't get why people are so easily swayed.  Even Nintendo said themselves that they wouldn't kill the WiiU early because they didn't want to damage their releationship with their customers, then they did it anyway and everybody is absolutely fine.

We're basically saying "I don't mind spending 300 bucks on a console that will be supported for 3 years". This is outrageous!

Maybe I would actually be ok if the Switch was an improvment over the WiiU, instead of being the same console but portable... But I'm not spending 300 bucks again, and buying 70 bucks controllers , I'm not repeating the same mistake. This thing has no third party support, Nintendo is still not bringing the games we asked for and it's still too expensive for what it is (Miyamoto himself said the WiiU was too expensive, and they just repeat the same mistake)

Nintendo may not have learn from their mistakes, but I did. I'm out of this crap.

Wii u came out 4.5 years ago though? I don't mind buying the switch because there was plenty of games I liked on the Wii u so I got my money's worth. Zelda is a big enough franchise for me to upgrade to a new console for end off. GTA is another game I would upgrade to a new system for. Simples really.

maxleresistant said:
bananaking21 said:

Is there really a need to insult every Nintendo fan out there?

Yes. I own every piece of Nintendo hardware

So what? You don't represent any nintendo fan here. Your POV means shit here, you are not going dictate what is good or acceptable in a general sense. No need to say how your arguments and statements are pretty much flawed.

Get better and try harder next time.

Moderated - Miguel

We reap what we sow

Around the Network
maxleresistant said:
Aerys said:

Except Nintendo actually supported the Wii U for quite a while. In 2015 we still got titles such as Splatoon, Super Mario Maker and Xenoblade Chronicles. And in 2016 we got Twilight Princess HD, Pokkén Tournament and Paper Mario: Color Splash. And this year it will still get Breath of the Wild, the most ambitious Nintendo game ever developped.  

It's funny Sony constantly gets a pass for dropping support of the Vita after less than two years on the market, but somehow Nintendo gets a lot of flack for the Wii U despite the fact that they actually supported it for 5 years. 

"The strong do what they can and the weak suffer what they must" - Thoukydides

I'm going to buy Wii U version.

MEGADRIVE, SNES, SATURN, PS1, N64, DREAMCAST, PS2, GC, XBOX, X360, Wii, PS3, Wii U, PS4, XONE, GAME GEAR, GBP, GBA, NGAGE, GBAP, DS, PSP, 3DS, VITA.

wii u version for me but not against buying it again for Switch perhaps in a year or so when I get a Switch console.

Alkibiádēs said:
maxleresistant said:

Except Nintendo actually supported the Wii U for quite a while. In 2015 we still got titles such as Splatoon, Super Mario Maker and Xenoblade Chronicles. And in 2016 we got Twilight Princess HD, Pokkén Tournament and Paper Mario: Color Splash. And this year it will still get Breath of the Wild, the most ambitious Nintendo game ever developped.  

It's funny Sony constantly gets a pass for dropping support of the Vita after less than two years on the market, but somehow Nintendo gets a lot of flack for the Wii U despite the fact that they actually supported it for 5 years. 

the difference here is that Sony is not trying to sell you another handheld pretending they didn't screw you with the Vita.

Sony did screw up, badly, but they got out completely, but if Sony came back with another handheld, I would say the same thing : "don't buy it, you can't trust them"

It's kind of different to me though, because I didn't buy the PSP or the Vita, so it's less personal, I didn't get screwed personnally by Sony.

As for the WiiU being supported for "quite a while, 3 years isn't "quite a while" for me. If 2016 hasn't been so bad for the WiiU, if Zelda came in 2016, and if we got a few more games, I would have said that 2016 was ok, but we got an awful starfox, a lazy remaster of Zelda at full price, a rushed up disappointing paper mario, and weird otaku game. 2016 was just bad, really bad

maxleresistant said:
Alkibiádēs said:

the difference here is that Sony is not trying to sell you another handheld pretending they didn't screw you with the Vita.

Sony did screw up, badly, but they got out completely, but if Sony came back with another handheld, I would say the same thing : "don't buy it, you can't trust them"

It's kind of different to me though, because I didn't buy the PSP or the Vita, so it's less personal, I didn't get screwed personnally by Sony.

The Switch is the succesor to both the Wii U and 3DS. The 3DS was a reasonable success and had great support from Nintendo. 

If Nintendo was going to make another seperate handheld and home console only then would they be screwing you over (because they can't support two platforms at once). But that's not the case now. 

"The strong do what they can and the weak suffer what they must" - Thoukydides