By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Will the new Zelda sell better on wii u or switch?

Barkley said:
Goodnightmoon said:

It always surprise me how people chooses to ignore the amount of annoyances that early emulators have, even dolphin doesn't get you a satisfactory experience in many cases, constant bugs, crashes, unstable framerate, audio crackling, stuttering everywhere, etc Anyone thinking on playing BoTW on PC without tons of issues anytime soon is up to a big disappointment.

???

Dolphin is near flawless.

That's one of those lies everybody believes, Dolphin is plenty of annoyances that make the experience inferior in most cases, I love emulators, I would never play on Dolphin for more than 30 minutes, is only good to see how great your game could look, but not to actually play them in most cases.

Around the Network
Goodnightmoon said:
Barkley said:

???

Dolphin is near flawless.

That's one of those lies everybody believes, Dolphin is plenty of annoyances that make the experience inferior in most cases, I love emulators, I would never play on Dolphin for more than 30 minutes, is only good to ee how great your game could look, but not to actually play them in most cases.

I've spent hundreds of hours in dolphin, I'm saying that from personal experience.

Barkley said:
Goodnightmoon said:

That's one of those lies everybody believes, Dolphin is plenty of annoyances that make the experience inferior in most cases, I love emulators, I would never play on Dolphin for more than 30 minutes, is only good to ee how great your game could look, but not to actually play them in most cases.

I've spent hundreds of hours in dolphin, I'm saying that from personal experience.

I have spent a lot of time with it too and I found again and again that most Wii games are plenty of annoyances, the most common one stuttering and audio crackling, things I just can't stand.

Goodnightmoon said:

Me too, and I found again and again that most Wii games are plenty of annoyances, the most common one stuttering and audio crackling, things I just can't stand.

I've not had sound-crackling issues with any game I've played in dolphin for several years. The only issues I've seen recently are minor-graphical glitches, that can 99.9% of the time be fixed with some quick changes to the graphics plugin settings.

It really is a complete experience, hell it even supports Skylanders Portals & Figures.

Barkley said:
Goodnightmoon said:

Me too, and I found again and again that most Wii games are plenty of annoyances, the most common one stuttering and audio crackling, things I just can't stand.

I've not had sound-crackling issues with any game I've played in dolphin for several years. The only issues I've seen recently are minor-graphical glitches, that can 99.9% of the time be fixed with some quick changes to the graphics plugin settings.

It really is a complete experience, hell it even supports Skylanders Portals & Figures.

I tried Dolphin again recently with a more actualized version and I still found problems, I was able to play Kirby Return to Dreamland decently but that was the exception, damn I even had to buy Other M because the performance was awful, I ended up paying for it, something I was trying to avoid, I tried Xenoblade Chronicles last year, just to see if i could make it look cleaner than the original and that was a shitshow, problems everywhere, I guess I could spend hours in fixing them, but that is already very annoying, even on videos on youtube of people that actually got them working fine in HD (on very strong PCs usually) you still see some framerate problems, and that's with an emulator that has been working and evolving for a decade, imagine an early one, what a nightmare.

Around the Network

I'd say at least 3:1 in favor of the Switch version.

Well, the WiiU version had a production restriction due to the Switch version, that was a little unfair but on the bright side they will be almost the same, except that the Switch has a better complement (graphics/ audio). It still a WiiU native game, I may buy it on that console.

Well, the WiiU version had a production restriction due to the Switch version, that was a little unfair but on the bright side they will be almost the same, except that the Switch has a better complement (graphics/ audio). It still a WiiU native game, I may buy it on that console.

I truly don't think that Nintendo will need to produce more than 1 million copies of the WiiU version. This is a system seller for the Switch, and it will do far better on that system.

Vote the Mayor for Mayor!

maxleresistant said:

obviously on switch, Nintendo fans can't wait to let go of their WiiU and spend 300 bucks on Nintendo's shiny new device.
That's always something Nintendo can't count on, their fans just don't have any principles or self respect.

Besides Nintendo will never produce more of the WiiU version than the switch's, so It just can't sell more.

Moderated - Miguel

Lol i guess you have high Friends in thé modération to not bé banned for that

Youre not exactly wrong though, especially on Nintendo forcing WiiU version failure

Predictions for end of 2014 HW sales:

PS4: 17m   XB1: 10m    WiiU: 10m   Vita: 10m