By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Will the new Zelda sell better on wii u or switch?

On one hand, just about everyone who bought a wii u wanted the new zelda. On the other hand, most of the people who bought the wii u will buy switch. Also, the switch is only launching with a couple games so many will buy the new zelda.

I think the wii u version will sell 1.5 million copies and the switch version 1.7 million copies when it is all said and done!

Around the Network
SpokenTruth said:
3.2 million total? I supposed you think your wall will only cost $3.2 million per mile too.

Why not? Skyward sword didnt do great numbers and that was on a 100 million selling console

Geralt said:

On one hand, just about everyone who bought a wii u wanted the new zelda. On the other hand, most of the people who bought the wii u will buy switch. Also, the switch is only launching with a couple games so many will buy the new zelda.

I think the wii u version will sell 1.5 million copies and the switch version 1.7 million copies when it is all said and done!

It's fairly obvious, if you look at preorders (Amazon,COMG)

Switch will see twice the numbers of the WiiU version.

Bet with PeH: 

I win if Arms sells over 700 000 units worldwide by the end of 2017.

Bet with WagnerPaiva:

I win if Emmanuel Macron wins the french presidential election May 7th 2017.

obviously on switch, Nintendo fans can't wait to let go of their WiiU and spend 300 bucks on Nintendo's shiny new device.
That's always something Nintendo can't count on, their fans just don't have any principles or self respect.

Besides Nintendo will never produce more of the WiiU version than the switch's, so It just can't sell more.

Moderated - Miguel

SpokenTruth said:
Geralt said:

Why not? Skyward sword didnt do great numbers and that was on a 100 million selling console

So you're going to ignore the 7.16 million selling Twilight Princess?  

Or the 7.6 million selling Ocarina of Time on an install base 1/3 the size of Wii.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

Around the Network

What haha most hyped zelda ever and you think it's gonna sell so little. You need to just chill and stop making Switch threads s

Nogamez said:
What haha most hyped zelda ever and you think it's gonna sell so little. You need to just chill and stop making Switch threads s

Twilight princess was totally more hyped!

Total will probably be at 8mil LT.
- Switch 7mil
- Wii U 1mil

Pocky Lover Boy! 

The Switch version will sell 5m minimum.

Wii U 3m max.

Switch no doubt

Gotta Switch Things Up

NintenDomination [May 2015 - July 2017]

- Official  VGChartz Tutorial Thread - 

NintenDomination [2015/05/19 - 2017/07/02]

Here lies the hidden threads. 

| |

Nintendo Metascore | Official NintenDomination | VGC Tutorial Thread

| Best and Worst of Miiverse | Manga Discussion Thead |
[3DS] Winter Playtimes [Wii U]