By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Will the new Zelda sell better on wii u or switch?

The Wii U has a bigger userbase at least for this year it will stay so. Who knows after 3 years.

Intel Core i7 8700K | 32 GB DDR 4 PC 3200 | ROG STRIX Z370-F Gaming | RTX 3090 FE| Crappy Monitor| HTC Vive Pro :3

Around the Network
Saeko said:
KrspaceT said:

I've heard the Skyrim thing a few times, and the gamplay part once or twice, but the bad grahics part is new. 

Amazing graphic for a portable, crappy for a home console, beautifull art, but all the aliasing was pretty bad to me.

Yes, art isn't equal to graphics. Zelda has a beautiful art but not so good-looking graphics.

Nothing new in this, a french reporter (Nintendo fan though...) said in a quick preview after the quick reveal event that the game seemed great but that the graphics (and framerate maybe?) were "distractingly" bad.

Joke thread?

Bet with Intrinsic:

The Switch will outsell 3DS (based on VGchartz numbers), according to me, while Intrinsic thinks the opposite will hold true. One month avatar control for the loser's avatar.

areason said:
Wii-U BOW will sell 800k
Switch BOW will sell 5.2 million

This is my guess too.

Zelda games sell in the same neighborhood regardless of the install base of the system they're on. 

i.e. huge install bases like the Wii, DS, and Gameboy give only a small bump while low install bases like the N64, Wii U, and 3DS don't seem to affect sales that much at all.

Main line entries range from about 4 million to about 7 or 8 million. Based on how good the game looks, I'll bet closer to the higher end.

specialk said:
areason said:
Wii-U BOW will sell 800k
Switch BOW will sell 5.2 million

This is my guess too.

Zelda games sell in the same neighborhood regardless of the install base of the system they're on. 

Yup, because the core nintendo fanbase and the Zelda fanbase are very synonymous.

WiiU - 0.9m-1.3m

Switch - 4m-5.5m

Around the Network

lmao

bananaking21 said:
maxleresistant said:
obviously on switch, Nintendo fans can't wait to let go of their WiiU and spend 300 bucks on Nintendo's shiny new device.
That's always something Nintendo can't count on, their fans just don't have any principles or self respect.

Besides Nintendo will never produce more of the WiiU version than the switch's, so It just can't sell more.

Is there really a need to insult every Nintendo fan out there?

Yes. I own every piece of Nintendo hardware, I use to defend Nintendo when they deserved to be defended, and I just remember not long ago people saying stuff like "the WiiU will not be abandoned early, Nintendo will never do that, and if they do I won't buy their next system".

But now all they say is "Breath of the wild on handeld? Where do I sign". So yeah, spineless.

I pre ordered the WiiU version, I'm not ok with sending this kind of message to manufacturers, messages that says "do whatever you want, screw us, we'll buy anything anyway since we do not have any principles".

Even Nintendo said a few years ago that they wouldn't do that to consumers because they believe it would damage their relationship with them, and they flat out did it anyway, and on top of that they are releasing a battle mode for MK8 on Switch only, and they didn't even bother finish properly the few games released on WiiU in the lasts years.

We got shafted pretty big, and people are debatting wether they should get the grey or the blue and red version of the Switch? (both are ugly BTW).

Nintendo are just flatout assholes these days, I can't believe how much they changed since the GC days, they don't make good hardware, the software quality is getting worse every year, and they don't have any kind of respect for their consumers.

Faelco said:
Saeko said:

Amazing graphic for a portable, crappy for a home console, beautifull art, but all the aliasing was pretty bad to me.

Yes, art isn't equal to graphics. Zelda has a beautiful art but not so good-looking graphics.

Nothing new in this, a french reporter (Nintendo fan though...) said in a quick preview after the quick reveal event that the game seemed great but that the graphics (and framerate maybe?) were "distractingly" bad.

Art vs Graphics huh? 

Are we talking promo-images, art-style, shaders, or something else. Where is the line between Art and Graphics?

The Democratic Nintendo fan....is that a paradox? I'm fond of one of the more conservative companies in the industry, but I vote Liberally and view myself that way 90% of the time?

maxleresistant said:

Yes. I own every piece of Nintendo hardware, I use to defend Nintendo when they deserved to be defended, and I just remember not long ago people saying stuff like "the WiiU will not be abandoned early, Nintendo will never do that, and if they do I won't buy their next system".

But now all they say is "Breath of the wild on handeld? Where do I sign". So yeah, spineless.

I pre ordered the WiiU version, I'm not ok with sending this kind of message to manufacturers, messages that says "do whatever you want, screw us, we'll buy anything anyway since we do not have any principles".

Even Nintendo said a few years ago that they wouldn't do that to consumers because they believe it would damage their relationship with them, and they flat out did it anyway, and on top of that they are releasing a battle mode for MK8 on Switch only, and they didn't even bother finish properly the few games released on WiiU in the lasts years.

We got shafted pretty big, and people are debatting wether they should get the grey or the blue and red version of the Switch? (both are ugly BTW).

Nintendo are just flatout assholes these days, I can't believe how much they changed since the GC days, they don't make good hardware, the software quality is getting worse every year, and they don't have any kind of respect for their consumers.

Have fun sending your message. I'll have fun playing the Switch.

specialk said:
maxleresistant said:

Have fun sending your message. I'll have fun playing the Switch.

I'll have fun playing Zelda on WiiU, which is about the only interesting thing you can play on  Switch anyway.

Have fun playing ports of old games in outdated versions. Meanwhile I will have fun playing on current games on PC.