By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - Suggestion: Have posts in off topic section not count towards post count

dsoverpsp said:
BAD IDEA

what he said

Around the Network

It's called off topic for a reason....and people there aren't racking up posts. As a matter of fact, topics go there to die. And people rack up posts counts wherever they go.

What is wrong with you people? You have no hearts?

Shoot us dead already, is faster than torture us like this...

Flow -"The important is to pwn other ppl"

super_etecoon said:
Legend11 said:

Maybe that would cut down on the amount of post whoring going on in the off topic section of the forum.

Are you kidding me? Have you been there lately? Can you site some examples of threads where this has been occurring?

Here is one i think it was 32 posts all by the same guy and 1 post by someone else

just go to it and see how sad it is

http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=22492

I am also against beating the dead horse into a fine uniform processed meat pattie. (I support not restricting off topic anymore)

skip said:
super_etecoon said:
Legend11 said:

Maybe that would cut down on the amount of post whoring going on in the off topic section of the forum.

Are you kidding me? Have you been there lately? Can you site some examples of threads where this has been occurring?

Here is one i think it was 32 posts all by the same guy and 1 post by someone else

just go to it and see how sad it is

http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=22492

I am also against beating the dead horse into a fine uniform processed meat pattie

Point taken....but there is already a mechanism to stop this from happening.  It's called "report this Post"...

That user will be banned before the day is over...mark my words.

But that is not the norm there.  Granted, it isn't the most mentally stimulating area of the site, but it is the only place to have non VG-related threads. 

Around the Network

Because someone abuses the off topic we should all suffer?

The off topic was easely one of the best aspects of this site and I and abviously alot of others miss the hell out of it.

By the way this thread could also be counted as a way to rack up post counts.

Vaio - "Bury me at Milanello"      R.I.P AC Milan

In the 60's, people took acid to make the world weird.
Now the world is weird  and people take Prozac  to make it normal.

If laughing is the best medicine and marijuana makes you laugh

Is marijuana the best medicine?

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind."

“If any creator has not played Mario, then they’re probably not a good creator. That’s something I can say with 100 percent confidence. Mario is, for game creators, the development bible.

hi Rol...haven't seen you in ages.

I miss the off topic section.
(Post count up. :))

Who cares what anybodys post count is.... the off topic section was a fun place... exept for all the "are you a virgin ???" and "what about butt-sex ???" threads....

Here's a suggestion. Make it so Off Topic only appears on the front page for people who are logged in as members! Then the 'professionals' coming here just to research sales number don't have to see it. There could even be an option to not see off topic on the front page in the user's profile.