By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - Suggestion: Have posts in off topic section not count towards post count

off topic is dead

Around the Network

I think it's a good thing that off topic has been relegated from the from the front page. Such topics often dominated and were quite irrelevent given the nature of this site. It's really not neccesary to marginalise it any further however. Removing it from your post count tally is a step too far.

Could a mod lock this thread please? The vast majority of people (well basically everyone except me) don't like this idea and on second thought it would be going too far.

Rock_on_2008 said:
I just saw his profile what was this guy on. Wiiforever, he must of spent days clicking the refresh button on his profile. I think that guy needed to get a life. He has like over 580 000 profile views a great record to own, not. lol

ROFL.

Rock_on_2008 said:
^its good its off the front page. Topics like "are you a virgin?" are clearly not good for professional people wanting to research sales figues and they see crap titles like that.

Thanks for the mention.  Thread Here

Jeez Legend.  

I mean, you already got it off of the front page, and now you want it to go away altogether.  God.  Off-topic is dying, we know, but don't kick us while we're down.  At least let us have a little tiny section of this site, where no one posts at.  

Hopefully, ioi gets the filters up and running soon, so that the people who want Off topics in the Hot topics section can do so.

Around the Network
DMeisterJ said:
Rock_on_2008 said:
^its good its off the front page. Topics like "are you a virgin?" are clearly not good for professional people wanting to research sales figues and they see crap titles like that.

Thanks for the mention.  Thread Here

Jeez Legend.  

I mean, you already got it off of the front page, and now you want it to go away altogether.  God.  Off-topic is dying, we know, but don't kick us while we're down.  At least let us have a little tiny section of this site, where no one posts at.  

Hopefully, ioi gets the filters up and running soon, so that the people who want Off topics in the Hot topics section can do so.

It was kn that made the suggestion to get it off the front page.  I made a mistake with this thread and I agree it's a place that is needed on this site since it helps people to get to know each other in ways unrelated to gaming and to get away from the console wars.  Long live off topic!

Yep, It was me who started the "get off-topic off the front page"... I'm quite happy to see it gone as there are now numerous threads that are gaming-related that I AM interested in when I log on. For those that love off-topic: Go there. Enjoy. Be Off Topic. Feel Off Topic. No one is stopping you from fulfilling your off-topic destiny.

I hate trolls.

Systems I currently own:  360, PS3, Wii, DS Lite (2)
Systems I've owned: PS2, PS1, Dreamcast, Saturn, 3DO, Genesis, Gamecube, N64, SNES, NES, GBA, GB, C64, Amiga, Atari 2600 and 5200, Sega Game Gear, Vectrex, Intellivision, Pong.  Yes, Pong.

stof said:
gebx said:
Bad Idea!!!

Then the post count whores will troll the real threads... let them stay in the Off-topic forum where they belong

um... There's almost no one left in off topic. And besides, most of the trolling and post count whoring took place in the game related threads anyways.

Really, the off topic was a great part of VGchartz. Now it's just... Well I know I'm posting a lot less now. In off topic and game related threads alike!

Sums up my situation pretty well. The off-topic was fun and it gave VGchartz a personality. I don't know why everybody assumes off topic is just drivelous spam; I've seen some of best gaming discussions on the site in off topic. 

Crusty VGchartz old timer who sporadically returns & posts. Let's debate nebulous shit and expand our perpectives. Or whatever.

tombi123 said:
Suggestion: Put off topics back in the hot topics.

I can't get into the 'off topic' section using the icons at the top of the home-page, all the links are on top of each other. I have to go through my post history, find an off topic thread I posted in, and then click on it. I bet I have missed tons of funny stuff.
So ... what browser are you using?? It works fine for me. Can you not even click on the main "Forum" link and navigate from there?

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!
I have the most epic death scene ever in VGChartz Mafia.  Thanks WordsofWisdom! 

kn said:
Yep, It was me who started the "get off-topic off the front page"... I'm quite happy to see it gone as there are now numerous threads that are gaming-related that I AM interested in when I log on. For those that love off-topic: Go there. Enjoy. Be Off Topic. Feel Off Topic. No one is stopping you from fulfilling your off-topic destiny.
 Nobody was stopping you from doing the same thing with gaming news when off-topic was on the front page.   

Crusty VGchartz old timer who sporadically returns & posts. Let's debate nebulous shit and expand our perpectives. Or whatever.