By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - Suggestion: Have posts in off topic section not count towards post count

@ Okey.

I was there! I was pimping my Virgin thread.

Around the Network
blaydcor said:
kn said:
Yep, It was me who started the "get off-topic off the front page"... I'm quite happy to see it gone as there are now numerous threads that are gaming-related that I AM interested in when I log on. For those that love off-topic: Go there. Enjoy. Be Off Topic. Feel Off Topic. No one is stopping you from fulfilling your off-topic destiny.
 Nobody was stopping you from doing the same thing with gaming news when off-topic was on the front page.   

couldn't agree more =)

hufter said:
blaydcor said:
kn said:
Yep, It was me who started the "get off-topic off the front page"... I'm quite happy to see it gone as there are now numerous threads that are gaming-related that I AM interested in when I log on. For those that love off-topic: Go there. Enjoy. Be Off Topic. Feel Off Topic. No one is stopping you from fulfilling your off-topic destiny.
Nobody was stopping you from doing the same thing with gaming news when off-topic was on the front page.

couldn't agree more =)

Apparently you and others completely and utterly fail to understand the concept of a content-specific website or better yet, a business' mission statement.  (VGC is a business, after all...)  The idea that I or anyone else should have to hunt down gaming-related threads because of a deluge of off-topic spam filling the front page is asinine.  For the less-than-completely-clueless, this IS a VG specific website and it should be the other way around.

First, read here:

http://www.vgchartz.com/welcome.php

It describes what VGC is/does.   Next, go here and pay note to point number 1:

http://vgchartz.com/forum/rules.php

In the end, it is Ioi's call.  But... I believe that a website about gaming sales, statistics, etc., should stick to that format rather rigidly.  If you want to talk about virginity, anal sex, your bi-curiosity and so on, fine.  Just do it somewhere other than a gaming forum (or at least in an off-topic forum I'm not forced to view every time I log in).   The point you and so many seem to miss is that hot topics (on VGC) should be VG-related if this is a VG-related website.  So telling me that if I want to see gaming-related threads that I should go to those respective forums when the hot-topics page is bloated with off-topic spam is just moronic.  Again, it's Ioi's call as it is his website but IMO, VGC is far better off leaving off-topic exactly where it belongs -- OFF the main page of the site.

If you guys are adamant about getting off-topic back on the main page, go for it.  Post it up and see where it goes as no-one is stopping you...

I hate trolls.

Systems I currently own:  360, PS3, Wii, DS Lite (2)
Systems I've owned: PS2, PS1, Dreamcast, Saturn, 3DO, Genesis, Gamecube, N64, SNES, NES, GBA, GB, C64, Amiga, Atari 2600 and 5200, Sega Game Gear, Vectrex, Intellivision, Pong.  Yes, Pong.

kn...I confess that I slightly agreed with you in the original thread that you made.

It was a mistake. My apologies to the Off-Topic forum.

It appears to no longer be fashionable to agree with kn.

*sigh*  Trends change so fast like that. 

Oh well.  *disagrees with kn* 

Around the Network

Bad idea...

Why do you care for others people Post count????
Does it affect you?

SSBB FC: 5155 2671 4071 elgefe02: "VGChartz's Resident Raving Rabbit"   MKWii:5155-3729-0989

BenKenobi88 said:
I want off-topic back on the frontpage, and don't feed Riot, he likes to disagree with everyone.

QFT... Thats Riot's way always controversy and disagree ... do you agree with that Riot?

SSBB FC: 5155 2671 4071 elgefe02: "VGChartz's Resident Raving Rabbit"   MKWii:5155-3729-0989