By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - Suggestion: Have posts in off topic section not count towards post count

I say we make a "bring off topic back to hot topics" thread. If people that ahrdly postanymore can bitch and scream their heads off to get it removed I think we should be able to get it back with some actual reasonable arguments at the least.

Tag - "No trolling on my watch!"

Around the Network
ClaudeLv250 said:
I say we make a "bring off topic back to hot topics" thread. If people that ahrdly postanymore can bitch and scream their heads off to get it removed I think we should be able to get it back with some actual reasonable arguments at the least.

We should. They claim that 'now they can log on and see just gaming news on the front page'. Right. Like these threads on the front page right now:

"Will MGS4 make me change my sig?"

"Hottest female game character?"

"I hate the ESRB"

"Japanese guy plays Mario them on 2 guitars!!"

...and so on. Those are just as ''off topic" as off topic, just hiding behind the disguise of being game-oriented.

Crusty VGchartz old timer who sporadically returns & posts. Let's debate nebulous shit and expand our perpectives. Or whatever.

Thank you kn.

You've killed off-topic, while a host of off-topic threads are still on the front page, just masquerading as real topics.

Great job.

I predict that after a while more people are going to start posting off topics in the hot topics as blaydcor pointed out is already happening . You can't silence the masses (i.e. lock every off topic thread posted in the 'wrong place') and if people have a question they are going to ask it. Why not have off topics on the front page but below or separated from gaming stuff, that way everyone wins.

DMeisterJ said:
Thank you kn.

You've killed off-topic, while a host of off-topic threads are still on the front page, just masquerading as real topics.

Great job.

couldnt say it any better. +1 DmeisterJ

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)
Around the Network

I have been missing the Off-Topic threads sorely... I am kinda bored here without them being so active! I don't care how it happens, but I really wanna see Off-Topics back on the front page somewhere. I miss them... T.T

timmah said:
Here's a suggestion. Make it so Off Topic only appears on the front page for people who are logged in as members! Then the 'professionals' coming here just to research sales number don't have to see it. There could even be an option to not see off topic on the front page in the user's profile.

Pretty good idea to accomplish the administration's desire to keep silly threads away from the general public's eyes. :) @hsrob: Such as Jessman's sick thread for example. I also second Luinil's and DMeisterJ's last posts. EDIT:@RIOT (just under me): How many forums don't have an off-topic section? They are necessary to all forums just so people can say " Shouldn't this be in off topic?"

The off-topic forum is just shit. I want it removed all together. I say go to a different site if you don't like video games.

I am Washu-bot B, loyal servant of Final-Fan, the greatest scientific genius in the universe!

Riot Of The Blood said:
The off-topic forum is just shit. I want it removed all together. I say go to a different site if you don't like video games.

How do you sleep at night?

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)

@Legend11

You don't even have off-topic posts on the main page anymore. You can totally ignore that section of the site if you want to.