By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - Suggestion: Have posts in off topic section not count towards post count

Its not a bad idea just a useless idea who cares. Off topic discusions are Gone and will die eventually

^_^

Around the Network
gebx said:
Bad Idea!!!

Then the post count whores will troll the real threads... let them stay in the Off-topic forum where they belong

um... There's almost no one left in off topic. And besides, most of the trolling and post count whoring took place in the game related threads anyways.

Really, the off topic was a great part of VGchartz. Now it's just... Well I know I'm posting a lot less now. In off topic and game related threads alike! 

I'm a mod, come to me if there's mod'n to do. 

Chrizum is the best thing to happen to the internet, Period.

Serves me right for challenging his sales predictions!

Bet with dsisister44: Red Steel 2 will sell 1 million within it's first 365 days of sales.

dsoverpsp said:
BAD IDEA

I agree! I don't like this idea!

Guitar Hero 3/ Smash Hits

so i guess typing one or two word posts on every thread boosts your post tally up heaps.

I still don't get why off-topic is not on front page.

Put it in a column off to the side or whatever! My god I miss it!

I know I can go to the forum, but it is boring now.

BRING IT BACK! BRING IT BACK! BRING IT BACK!

Kimi wa ne tashika ni ano toki watashi no soba ni ita

Itsudatte itsudatte itsudatte

Sugu yoko de waratteita

Nakushitemo torimodosu kimi wo

I will never leave you

Around the Network

^its good its off the front page. Topics like "are you a virgin?" are clearly not good for professional people wanting to research sales figues and they see crap titles like that.

oooo i have a good one FAIL

I vote for bringing the off topic back to the front page and not restrict it more.

Since off topic has gone from the front page this site has become more boring then before, I loved the off topic threads and would really like to see them come back again as it made this site a lot more fun.

If we were going to make any change I would vote for giving the mods the ability to merge threads to cut back on the multiple threads we have about some topics

Vaio - "Bury me at Milanello"      R.I.P AC Milan

In the 60's, people took acid to make the world weird.
Now the world is weird  and people take Prozac  to make it normal.

If laughing is the best medicine and marijuana makes you laugh

Is marijuana the best medicine?

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind."

“If any creator has not played Mario, then they’re probably not a good creator. That’s something I can say with 100 percent confidence. Mario is, for game creators, the development bible.

Suggestion: Put off topics back in the hot topics.

I can't get into the 'off topic' section using the icons at the top of the home-page, all the links are on top of each other. I have to go through my post history, find an off topic thread I posted in, and then click on it. I bet I have missed tons of funny stuff.

at least seperate it front the hot topics. It's what made this site fun. Now most of you are missing out on some great topics.

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)