By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - FFVII Remake Not In full Production Yet, Might Be Next-Gen (RUMOUR)

Square Enix just isn't satisfied unless there's a distant Final Fantasy looming over everyone's head. They announce the next game before the current game comes out.

Around the Network

I look forward to telling my grandchildren about this game.

Angelus said:
RolStoppable said:

They are good enough to win E3s, so there's merit to make them.

Sure. Especially if you're coaxing other publishers to come out and make them for you. That way you catch none of the flack if the product doesn't show up for a decade

You can criticise SOny all you want isf it makes you feel better about how things are going

celador said:
Angelus said:

Sure. Especially if you're coaxing other publishers to come out and make them for you. That way you catch none of the flack if the product doesn't show up for a decade

You can criticise SOny all you want isf it makes you feel better about how things are going

So defensive

First of all, I didn't make that E3 comment, I simply responded to it, rather tongue in cheek I might add. Second, I'm not criticising Sony (in this instance), they were presented with a great opportunity to put something on stage, and took it. They probably pushed a bit for it to happen, but why wouldn't they...it's good for their business. What I'm criticising is the publishers of the actual games going in for this approach of announcing games way too early time and time again, when we've all seen the negative effects this can have in the long term, as well as the benefits of a properly executed reveal to release marketing window, as with say Fallout 4. The whole point after all, if you're trying to sell a game, is maximize hype, and manage expectations.

Square has been particularly inept in this department for a while, but it's an issue with just about all publishers to some varying degree

Angelus said:
celador said:

So defensive

First of all, I didn't make that E3 comment, I simply responded to it, rather tongue in cheek I might add. Second, I'm not criticising Sony (in this instance), they were presented with a great opportunity to put something on stage, and took it. They probably pushed a bit for it to happen, but why wouldn't they...it's good for their business. What I'm criticising is the publishers of the actual games going in for this approach of announcing games way too early time and time again, when we've all seen the negative effects this can have in the long term, as well as the benefits of a properly executed reveal to release marketing window, as with say Fallout 4. The whole point after all, if you're trying to sell a game, is maximize hype, and manage expectations.

Square has been particularly inept in this department for a while, but it's an issue with just about all publishers to some varying degree

I'm not defensive about Sony, I have said in many threads they announce shit way too soon

It's just annoying when people insinuate you can't criticise Sony on this website. If you want to criticise them, just say it straight up. Apparently you weren't criticising them anyway, so it's all moot

Around the Network

I'll probably be retired by the time this comes out. :(

It doesn't matter if this article is correctly interpreting or not, this game still won't be releasing anytime soon because Square Enix.

NintendoPie said:
It doesn't matter if this article is correctly interpreting or not, this game still won't be releasing anytime soon because Square Enix.

Yeah but this topic wouldn' exist if the article didn't try to speculate and instead reported on facts.

RolStoppable said:
Angelus said:
Super early announcements are great aren't they?

They are good enough to win E3s, so there's merit to make them.

Gotta get them bragging rights.

Nevermind you may or may not release games shown off at E3 for the platforms they were originally intended for.

I am sure if t next gen are going to be early then it will end up on next gen, but if next gen are late then . It will be on this gen. God knows best