By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - FFVII Remake Not In full Production Yet, Might Be Next-Gen (RUMOUR)

Thread's title is not in the article. Weird...

Around the Network

I honestly don't want the Square that currently exists to make an FFVII remake. 

Sakaguchi is gone. Uematsu is gone. Amano just does marketing material now. Nomura is better when he's just designing characters IMO. 

The guys that are left simply manage bloated budgets and put the cart before the horse. They made a mediocore game into a trilogy and had a Hollywood stage presentation to sell us statuettes, a Florence + The Machine Album, a four part anime, and a CG movie. Oh yeah I guess there was a game coming out too.

I'd much rather have a smaller team focused first on making a great game. I'd bet this game on the likes of a Silicon Games or a Tokyo RPG Factory.

Related: I don't want present-day Valve to make Half Life 3 either. 

Please God, don't let this be another Versus XIII

It will release the same year at Kingdom Hearts III. On PlayStation 7.

specialk said:

I honestly don't want the Square that currently exists to make an FFVII remake. 

Sakaguchi is gone. Uematsu is gone. Amano just does marketing material now. Nomura is better when he's just designing characters IMO. 

The guys that are left simply manage bloated budgets and put the cart before the horse. They made a mediocore game into a trilogy and had a Hollywood stage presentation to sell us statuettes, a Florence + The Machine Album, a four part anime, and a CG movie. Oh yeah I guess there was a game coming out too.

I'd much rather have a smaller team focused first on making a great game. I'd bet this game on the likes of a Silicon Games or a Tokyo RPG Factory.

Related: I don't want present-day Valve to make Half Life 3 either. 

Nomura art is pretty shitty as well. Overdesigned to hell with so much detail that well the detail is lost and typically no focal point.  Nothing he designs is memorable outside of Cloud...well the original version before he got belts zippers wings and bandages.

Around the Network

Wtf is the point of showing is at E3 than.. might aswell show me 2020 games too.

Say hello to Nomura's second decade development final fantasy game! See you 2025 Cloud, Aeris and the rest of the gang!

PSN ID: Stokesy 

Add me if you want but let me know youre from this website

Early announcements are great if they're followed with regular status update. It's the type of transparency Square Enix opted for with Final Fantasy XV since the reveal in 2013.

Companies also don't really have a choice but to announce game early or they leak anyway. I'll choose an early CGI trailer over a leak any day.

Boutros said:
Companies also don't really have a choice but to announce game early or they leak anyway. I'll choose an early CGI trailer over a leak any day.

What about Capcom with Resident Evil 7?

Officially announced at E3 2016 and released just 7 or 8 monhts later.

Boutros said:
Early announcements are great if they're followed with regular status update. It's the type of transparency Square Enix opted for with Final Fantasy XV since the reveal in 2013.

So you know what Retro Studios is working on? Please do tell us. 

"The strong do what they can and the weak suffer what they must" - Thoukydides