By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - FFVII Remake Not In full Production Yet, Might Be Next-Gen (RUMOUR)

Alkibiádēs said:
Boutros said:
Early announcements are great if they're followed with regular status update. It's the type of transparency Square Enix opted for with Final Fantasy XV since the reveal in 2013.

Companies also don't really have a choice but to announce game early or they leak anyway. I'll choose an early CGI trailer over a leak any day.

So you know what Retro Studios is working on? Please do tell us. 

I was going to say the same lol

Around the Network
Boutros said:
Early announcements are great if they're followed with regular status update. It's the type of transparency Square Enix opted for with Final Fantasy XV since the reveal in 2013.

Companies also don't really have a choice but to announce game early or they leak anyway. I'll choose an early CGI trailer over a leak any day.

Bah, there are not really any leaks. Leaks only really happen when a new CGI trailer is going to come out at like e3. It gets leaked a week early that said trailer is coming.

IF there was no trailer coming, there would be no leak. It's typically not internal dev leaks happening. It's when that secret game is getting into 3rd party hands for a presentation or something that you get the leaks.

Besides, we are talking about FF7. It has been "leaked" that SE is showing a new remake every year for the past 10 years. No one ever takes them seriously. They coudl have held off on releasing info indefinately. Any "leaks" peple woudl assume were fakes. FF7 is like the boy who cried wolf too many times. But then SE decided to actually show off a pic of the wolf early for some reason.

Oh god it's versus 13 all over again

But the article doesn't say anything about a rumour

deskpro2k3 said:
it is in production.. They're interpreting wrong.

I came here to say this. This not-in-production interpretation is just ridiculous. Arriving at that conclusion requires some really wild interpretation of the original comment.

Around the Network
Zkuq said:
deskpro2k3 said:
it is in production.. They're interpreting wrong.

I came here to say this. This not-in-production interpretation is just ridiculous. Arriving at that conclusion requires some really wild interpretation of the original comment.

The article already uses wild interpretation for the "not in production" part, and the OP uses even wilder imagination with the "might be next gen" part.

And then you have people commenting this seriously without even reading more than the title :D

Laughing my goddamn mother fucking ass off.

Console gaming needed a win so 'they' money-hatted SE into just making a 'trailer'. It worked.

Why do I feel like this will turn into the new Last Guardian?
Squenix is a company who just love announcing things.

I have chosen no to believe this rumor.