By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - FFVII Remake Not In full Production Yet, Might Be Next-Gen (RUMOUR)

i for one welcome a lengthly development process, if it was due out in the next two years id be worried about how much they cut.

Around the Network

That's quite the leap in logic. The game can be in full production even if they haven't yet found the sweet spot for the game's visual quality. Everything else can advance at a good pace even if game assets are still being improved or optimized.

For Pete's sake, some of you here are really grasping at anything you can to troll them (and Sony, for those of you reaching even further).

It takes time to make masterpieces.

NintendoPie said:
It doesn't matter if this article is correctly interpreting or not, this game still won't be releasing anytime soon because Square Enix.

Well yes, but that doesn't change that this article is grossly inaccurate and so are most of the reactions based on it.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Hiku said:
GribbleGrunger said:

Kitase went on to make a comment about raising the quality bar part way through Final Fantasy 7 Remake’s episodic release if a new generation of consoles is released.

They said nothing about a new generation of consoles in the interview:

"If it ends up a series and development takes a long time, will you maintain the quality of the first title throughout?

Kitase: “I think it’s my responsibility to decide the level of quality and maintain that quality to the very end during production of the episodes. Of course, as the episodes progress, it’s only natural that the quality match.”

(Editor’s Note: Final Fantasy VII Remake will be a “multi-part series.”)"

http://gematsu.com/2017/02/final-fantasy-vii-remake-producer-yoshinori-kitase-talks-progress-weekly-famitsu

Another misinterpretation of a FF7 Remake interview, like the "Episodic" thing before, that's going to spread like wildfire.

Op should update thread with this article. 

Around the Network

Oh boy! I can't wait to play it on my PS6!!!

PAOerfulone said:
Oh boy! I can't wait to play it on my PS6!!!

Tough luck. Gonna be exclusive for PS Now 2.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Wait wait... I thought we'd seen gameplay of it? People were talking about it once. I've never looked as the fact it wasn't the same as the original put me off.

Eitherway, hilarious if true.

Ka-pi96 said:
Worst part is that they probably won't start FF16 until they've finished that either. So FF16 on the PS6 I guess. That's gonna be a loooooong wait

It would be sensible to to assume that SquEnix (Japan) are a competitant company who know their biggest selling series is Final Fantasy and therefore would have more than 1 team working on more than one game at a time and...

... wait, entire last gen was just FF13 and 2 sequels... Nevermind.

Hmm, pie.

XV is a bad game, and now this news

SE is worse than Squaresoft

NNID : ShenlongDK
PSN : DarkLong213

True, I remember people claiming Sony won that E3 due to FFVII trailer.