By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - NES Classic Sells 1.5 Million Units; Nintendo Apologizes For And Explains Shortages

Still waiting on my belated Christmas gift :(

Around the Network
Acevil said:
Boutros said:

Unless...

I honest to god, didn't think such a device would be a million plus seller. 

I was referring to a previous conversation regarding Nintendo and "shortages".

Boutros said:
Acevil said:

I honest to god, didn't think such a device would be a million plus seller. 

I was referring to a previous conversation regarding Nintendo and "shortages".

Well they have gone super conservative after they overproduced the wii u. 

If I can just get on my soap box for a minute...

This is as good an example as any why video game piracy is such an unethical practice. People might excuse the practice as "oh well, it's a game that's 30 years old," but here is proof positive that companies like Nintendo can still make money off old intellectual property.

We've no right to steal it.

I would love to see the sales increase for that retro Genesis that Wal-Mart and others were selling. I noticed some people that couldn't get the NES Classic settled for that.

Love the product, not the company. They love your money, not you.

-TheRealMafoo

Around the Network

Time out. After all this time of them being "sold out as soon as they hit the shelves", and then being able to be sold for as high as $250 on ebay or other 3rd party sellers......they've only sold 1.5 million? Talk about creating artificial demand

Goddbless said:
I would love to see the sales increase for that retro Genesis that Wal-Mart and others were selling. I noticed some people that couldn't get the NES Classic settled for that.

Twas ever thus.

Nov 2016 - NES outsells PS1 (JP)

Don't Play Stationary 4 ever. Switch!

BMaker11 said:
Time out. After all this time of them being "sold out as soon as they hit the shelves", and then being able to be sold for as high as $250 on ebay or other 3rd party sellers......they've only sold 1.5 million? Talk about creating artificial demand

Only? I don't think anyone expected it to sell that much, not even Nintendo.

You're not getting sympathy from me Nintendo, you should've done a massive restock before Christmas.

But you didn't and you probably lost a crapload of potential sales as a result.

"Just for comparison Uncharted 4 was 20x bigger than Splatoon 2. This shows the huge difference between Sony's first-party games and Nintendo's first-party games."

It wouldnt be so bad if they or the fucking stores put a limit on how many one person can but at once. Because, yes, when some sketchy looking guy comes in asking for your entire stock, you should TOTALLY do it e.e GameStop has started doing that, thankfully