By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - EA projecting 3m launch sales for Mass Effect Andromeda

SvennoJ said:
I still haven't played ME3 yet, don't really feel like it either. ME Andromeda will need some stellar reviews to convince me it went back to form instead of more cover based shooter.

Yes, it looked like the most boring thing ever when I saw gameplay video. First game was something never done before, 2 was great for characters and story, 3 was passable but I'm done with the series.

My Etsy store

My Ebay store

Deus Ex (2000) - a game that pushes the boundaries of what the video game medium is capable of to a degree unmatched to this very day.

Around the Network

The total sales after year, being cheap, extra DLC the works for ME3 was 6 mil and they expect ME:A to sell 3 mil first week?

... that's a little optimistic to say the least.

I'd say maybe 1.75 or there abouts.

Hmm, pie.

Well, I don't know. Maybe. I don't see as many people being as invested in this one, but we'll see how it turns out.

Airaku said:

hudsoniscool said:
I don't get why biowares name gets shit on. They consistently put out quality games.
Dragon age 3- 89 meta
Mass effect 3- 93
The old republic-85
Mass effect 2- 96
Dragon age 1- 91
Mass effect 1- 91
Only exception to the last decade is dragon age 2.

I laugh at anyone who says me3 was worse than resident e 6. The ending got a lot of flack but that's because the series was trying to do something no one else has even tried. They came up short but they tried. Mass effect 1 is ahead of a lot of 2015-2016 games in a few areas.

I couldn't agree more with your logic! :)

But hey! Resident Evil 6's ending wasn't terrible depending which one your going with. The Epilogues... ehh... they just top it off. I loved Chris's story quite a bit, especially paired with the prequel being the "Marhawa Desire" Manga which add so much to his story. So fucking tragic once you really KNOW Piers. I didn't care for him until I read those books and OHHH MEEEE GAWD! Q.Q

About Dragon Age 2. That game was exactly what it was supposed to be. EA decided the game wouldn't sell unless it had a number attached to it and that caused everyone's expectation to be raised. I wager that the game would have had good reviews and much better reception had the game been released as BioWare wanted it to be. A spin off title that is experimental. The Dragon Age series is fairly experimental and allows BioWare to try different things. Ehhh... rumor has it another one is in development and will be quite different form the other three. It may, or may not be drawing inspiration from an amazing franchise known as "Fire Emblem". Though that's just the word of the town, but lets imagine what BioWare could do with a relationship system like Fire Emblem. Are you drooling yet? :3

Dragon Age 2's problems had absolutely nothing to do with being envisioned as some spin off, which was never the case. It had everything to do with EA rushing the game out after a measly 11 months of development. If they'd been given the proper time, and not had to put out a knowingly flawed game, we'd all still be playing as Hawk today in follow up Dragon Age games.

And I assure you, that the next Dragon Age isn't something EA is looking to get experimental on now that they've gotten the franchise back on track

Angelus said:                                        

Dragon Age 2's problems had absolutely nothing to do with being envisioned as some spin off, which was never the case. It had everything to do with EA rushing the game out after a measly 11 months of development. If they'd been given the proper time, and not had to put out a knowingly flawed game, we'd all still be playing as Hawk today in follow up Dragon Age games.

And I assure you, that the next Dragon Age isn't something EA is looking to get experimental on now that they've gotten the franchise back on track

I'm very curious as to where you derive your conclusions from? I'm very curious indeed about this parallel universe of events. Though you are correct about EA fucking around with DA2 and screwing it over.

I didn't find your ending comment very reassuring at all. I can assure you that BioWare is very innovative and brimming with creativity. EA gives a lot more space than you might think these days ;)

Around the Network
jason1637 said:
VGC has ME3 around 1.7 and With digital it could be 1.9m. I see MEA dong around 2.5-2.7m if it has good ratings

Hehe. "Dong."

Ahem. I'll be surprised if it does anywhere near that. There doesn't seem to be nearly as much hype as there was for ME3. ME:A looks incredibly bland, and the bad reception to ME3's ending is still overhanging the whole franchise.

Airaku said:
Angelus said:                                        

I'm very curious as to where you derive your conclusions from? I'm very curious indeed about this parallel universe of events. Though you are correct about EA fucking around with DA2 and screwing it over.

I didn't find your ending comment very reassuring at all. I can assure you that BioWare is very innovative and brimming with creativity. EA gives a lot more space than you might think these days ;)

I didn't say anything about Bioware not being innovative or creative. They're one of my 2 favorite developers, and not for lack of those qualities. I'm simply telling you that Dragon Age is not some grand franchise of experiments. They have had a vision for it, it was briefly thrown into chaos by the EA takeover, and now it's gotten back on track. Something both Bioware and EA are very happy about. The next game isn't going to shock anyone.

hudsoniscool said:
I don't get why biowares name gets shit on. They consistently put out quality games.
Dragon age 3- 89 meta
Mass effect 3- 93
The old republic-85
Mass effect 2- 96
Dragon age 1- 91
Mass effect 1- 91
Only exception to the last decade is dragon age 2.

I laugh at anyone who says me3 was worse than resident e 6. The ending got a lot of flack but that's because the series was trying to do something no one else has even tried. They came up short but they tried. Mass effect 1 is ahead of a lot of 2015-2016 games in a few areas.

ME - 87 X360 / 86 PC / 83 PS3
DA:O - 79 X360 / 86 PC / 79 PS3
ME2 - 89 X360 / 88 PC / 85 PS3
DA2 - 45 X360 / 45 PC / 43 PS3
ME3 - 58 X360 / 55 PC / 56 PS3 / 76 Wii U
DA:I - 51 X360 / 59 PC /  52 PS3 / 74 PS4 /  69 XOne

Apparently the user reviews don't agree much with the statement "they consistenly put out quality games", though arguably ME3 scores are depressed by some points because a lot of them came before the extended ending.

OT - I'm afraid Mass Effect: Andromeda will basically end up sort of like Dragon Age: Inquisition, "but on space!". Which would mean it sucks. So I'll wait and see.

At the very least it will come very close. Unfortunately nothing they've showed from this game has had the wow factor I was hoping for a "next gen" Mass Effect and combat looks stale but its still one of a kind in terms of being a huge, accessible space opera RPG.

Lawlight said:
This is shipped. I doubt the game will sell as much as the previous entries.

Yes, sell in is a  term used in the industry for shipped games, there are many here thinking it's sales