By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - EA projecting 3m launch sales for Mass Effect Andromeda

from EA's conference call

Around the Network

That might be a bit high based solely on the reception for ME3's ending back when it launched. I will be buying ME:A day one though myself.

Yeah....... I doubt it. RIP Mass Effect, off to the backburner.

Currently Playing: N/A

Anime and Studying is life RN

Optimistic, but not impossible. It's got a favourable launch window, and if the game is quality, with favourable reviews, it'll move a lot of units

I got it pre-ordered yesterday. Bioware has gained some points for Inquisition, but they're  on thin ice for me. If they fuck up Andromeda...

Made a bet with LipeJJ and HylianYoshi that the XB1 will reach 30 million before Wii U reaches 15 million. Loser has to get avatar picked by winner for 6 months (or if I lose, either 6 months avatar control for both Lipe and Hylian, or my patrick avatar comes back forever).

Around the Network

Easy,Resident Evil 7 First week was 2,5m SELL IN,Mass Effect Andromeda Will do 3m easy

Hype has been high on this game and Bioware has been getting used to the frostbite engine.. Reviews will be good

If resident evil can do 2.5 million than mass effect can do 3 million.

Halo MCC will sell 5+ million copies(including digital)

halo 5 will sell 10 million copies(including digital)

x1 will pass ps4 in USA, and UK.

I still haven't played ME3 yet, don't really feel like it either. ME Andromeda will need some stellar reviews to convince me it went back to form instead of more cover based shooter.

Mass Effect gets more popular as time goes on. It's a fantastic series that deserves recognition. Andromeda will be a much easier title to sell because it's a new game that can stand on it's own with minimal bearings to the original trilogy. So it'll be easier for people to dive right in to the story with the new and improved gameplay mechanics which will help drive the series forward and offer tons of elements of fun!

I think things will be a bit more simplistic in terms of narrative design in comparisons to ME1 and ME3. Likely closer to ME2, with some complex layers and a more definite ending like ME1. People shouldn't use ME3's ending as a gauge for their purchases of Andromeda. Lessons have been learned and noted, rather the creators are in agreement with them or not.... Remember that the fans are required to drive a series forward and keep it alive :)       

hudsoniscool said:
If resident evil can do 2.5 million than mass effect can do 3 million.

Bro... are you serious? Resident Evil is one of the biggest and most iconic franchises in the video game industry. It influences other developers and inspires better games. It's simply one of the best game series out there hands down. I don't even know how to take your comment unless your a teenage who didn't grow up in the PS1 and Game Cube era. Even still, RE5 was a phenomenal game in terms of gameplay design. There is no doubt in my mind about that! RE6 was still a GOOD game but had a lot of flaws that many fans could not see past and design elements that were not fitting to that series, one could argue that many reviews were overly biased in their rating and their anger can be very much understood from a certain point of view. A couple years ago we got Revelations 2, which restored that faith by offering one of the best plots to date in the series and now RE7 reinvented the survival horror genre once again with a total revolution and overhaul of the gameplay mechanics like RE4 did before it. It's truly worthy of it's praise!

PS. Speaking of Resident Evil. Did you know that RE4 was a benchmark for the gameplay mechanics for ME2? That game owes a lot to RE4 as do many other games such as Gears of War, The Order of 1886 and many others.

SvennoJ said:
I still haven't played ME3 yet, don't really feel like it either. ME Andromeda will need some stellar reviews to convince me it went back to form instead of more cover based shooter.

I think that's a little unfair and that you should try ME3. Personally I also happen to slightly agree with your ending statement. ME2, while was a great game. It was my least favorite for that reason. Plus the more predictable narrative structure and a more accessible appeal.... I love it but it just wasn't up to par with ME1 and ME3 which both contain far more RPG elements. ME3 in terms of game mechanics really combines the best of elements of ME1 and ME2. There's days where I debate on which game is better, ME1 or ME3? Years later it's endless in my mind because they really go full circle with each other once the game ends. As for the ending.... all I can say is that it's your story and you need to make up your own mind. Never listen to others when it comes to the ending of the ME trilogy until after you've experienced the whole journey from beginning (ME1) to end (ME3). It really is an amazing and satisfying experience in my mind. Of course I recommend you do all the side quests and really explore the world of ME if you truly want to understand the ending. The theme is something that appears to be an underappreciated thing of beauty. Something so inspiring and powerful, but it's execution may have missed the mark by being a little... too ambiguous.