By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - So, Trump's ban on certain nationalities is in effect.

Your opinion on the ban

Good! 145 35.02%

Get rid of this as fast as possible. 200 48.31%

Needs more exceptions 25 6.04%

List needs to be redone 44 10.63%

Total:414

And it's absolutely ridiculous. Barring entry for EVERYONE regardless of context (with the excpetion of non-muslims persecuted for their religion)? This is just shitting on the rights of a ton of people! I know an Iranian national, currently living in Canada, who got a post-doc at MIT in mathematics, why block him entry into the country? Great way to make the whole region hate the US even more.

And the list doesn't even include any of the biggest terrorist hubs in the region! (Saudi Arabia, Pakistan, Afghanistan) Most of the nations on the list haven't had any connection to any terrorist attacks in the US for the last 20 years or so (the only country that makes any sense at all would be Yemen.)

edit; So, it's confirmed that the person I know won't be able to enter the US, and thus just lost himself a post-doc at MIT (extremely important to his career.) Fuck Trump, no consideration whatsoever of how these decisions can ruin lives of normal individuals. Also Americans, without a doubt, considering that there has been a response banning of American citizens in some countries.

Bet with PeH: 

I win if Arms sells over 700 000 units worldwide by the end of 2017.

Bet with WagnerPaiva:

I win if Emmanuel Macron wins the french presidential election May 7th 2017.

Around the Network

Don't worry. It's just the Christian thing to do.

I agree, the list needs to be bigger.

I think the only ban this country needs is a ban on Rednecks. Exile them.

badgenome said:

Actually agree with you on this one. Why ban people from only Iran, Iraq, and a few other places when Saudi Arabia and Pakistan are just as bad. Hopefully the list is expanded.

Made a bet with LipeJJ and HylianYoshi that the XB1 will reach 30 million before Wii U reaches 15 million. Loser has to get avatar picked by winner for 6 months (or if I lose, either 6 months avatar control for both Lipe and Hylian, or my patrick avatar comes back forever).

Around the Network
barneystinson69 said:

Actually agree with you on this one. Why ban people from only Iran, Iraq, and a few other places when Saudi Arabia and Pakistan are just as bad. Hopefully the list is expanded.

Too many powerful people are bankrolled by the Saudis, so I can only imagine the shitstorm that would cause. The link between the Saudis and the global jihad continues to be the elephant in the living room.

barneystinson69 said:

Saudi Arabia and Pakistan are just as bad.

Saudis are the worst actually. The most medieval muslim state on this planet. They have like 5k of princes.

barneystinson69 said:
badgenome said:

Because he has business dealings in the countries he didn't ban, that are just as a bad or worse "terrorist hot beds" than the countries he banned

edit: http://fortune.com/2017/01/27/donald-trump-muslim-immigration-ban-conflict/

Incidentally, countries in the middle east that Trump has done business with are not on this list. Hmmmmm...

When racism and bigotry gets to form policy, this is only the first steps. Soon you will likely see a registry and I wouldn't rule out internment camps in a few years time.