By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - So, Trump's ban on certain nationalities is in effect.

Your opinion on the ban

Good! 145 35.02%

Get rid of this as fast as possible. 200 48.31%

Needs more exceptions 25 6.04%

List needs to be redone 44 10.63%

Total:414
barneystinson69 said:
badgenome said:
I agree, the list needs to be bigger.

Actually agree with you on this one. Why ban people from only Iran, Iraq, and a few other places when Saudi Arabia and Pakistan are just as bad. Hopefully the list is expanded.

Shut the hell up. I am from Pakistan and I need to study physics at one of the best universities. Sadly many are in USA and if you can move Caltech and MIt out of the country then its all good. Otherwise I'll just complete my PhD and be out of your beautiful country

Just a guy who doesn't want to be bored. Also

Around the Network

Saudi Arabia has the same law, you arent even allowed to visit mecca and medina if you arent a muslim regardless which nationality

BMaker11 said:

Because he has business dealings in the countries he didn't ban, that are just as a bad or worse "terrorist hot beds" than the countries he banned

edit: http://fortune.com/2017/01/27/donald-trump-muslim-immigration-ban-conflict/

This is pretty dumb. Turkey is a NATO ally, and Sisi has been very supportive of Trump's approach to fighting jihadism. It would be more surprising if they were on the list.

Ruler said:
Saudi Arabia has the same law, you arent even allowed to visit mecca and medina if you arent a muslim regardless which nationality

Saudi Arabia isn't a nation that should be seen as a role model. Much worse than any of the countries that the american ban is being put upon.

Bet with PeH: 

I win if Arms sells over 700 000 units worldwide by the end of 2017.

Bet with WagnerPaiva:

I win if Emmanuel Macron wins the french presidential election May 7th 2017.

Eagle367 said:
barneystinson69 said:

Actually agree with you on this one. Why ban people from only Iran, Iraq, and a few other places when Saudi Arabia and Pakistan are just as bad. Hopefully the list is expanded.

Shut the hell up. I am from Pakistan and I need to study physics at one of the best universities. Sadly many are in USA and if you can move Caltech and MIt out of the country then its all good. Otherwise I'll just complete my PhD and be out of your beautiful country

Not even American buddy, but thanks anyway.

Made a bet with LipeJJ and HylianYoshi that the XB1 will reach 30 million before Wii U reaches 15 million. Loser has to get avatar picked by winner for 6 months (or if I lose, either 6 months avatar control for both Lipe and Hylian, or my patrick avatar comes back forever).

Around the Network
badgenome said:
BMaker11 said:

Because he has business dealings in the countries he didn't ban, that are just as a bad or worse "terrorist hot beds" than the countries he banned

edit: http://fortune.com/2017/01/27/donald-trump-muslim-immigration-ban-conflict/

This is pretty dumb. Turkey is a NATO ally, and Sisi has been very supportive of Trump's approach to fighting jihadism. It would be more surprising if they were on the list.

Turkey should definently be an exception from any sort of list. I mean it has been part of NATO since almost its founding.

Made a bet with LipeJJ and HylianYoshi that the XB1 will reach 30 million before Wii U reaches 15 million. Loser has to get avatar picked by winner for 6 months (or if I lose, either 6 months avatar control for both Lipe and Hylian, or my patrick avatar comes back forever).

Puppyroach said:
When racism and bigotry gets to form policy, this is only the first steps. Soon you will likely see a registry and I wouldn't rule out internment camps in a few years time.

Damn, it really is happening isn't it? We're going backwards.

barneystinson69 said:

Turkey should definently be an exception from any sort of list. I mean it has been part of NATO since almost its founding.

Their unfortunate backsliding into Erdoganism aside, yes.

Plus, if Trump did stupidly ban them, he'd be walking right into, "He's doing Putin's bidding destroying NATO like this!"

Spoiler: Terrorists from those countries will still enter the US. It only affects legal visitors and immigrants.

Official member of VGC's Nintendo family, approved by the one and only RolStoppable. I feel honored.

OdinHades said:
Spoiler: Terrorists from those countries will still enter the US. It only affects legal visitors and immigrants.

Most terrorists were legal migrants