By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Resident Evil 7 is PSVR's killer app.

Couple of my friends have it on VR and say it's the best gaming experience they've had in years, one of them had the special candle too. Unfortunately for me, the price is just too much for what's currently on offer.

Around the Network
bigtakilla said:
I've tried it and I still dismiss it. So it's not like these folks are wrong.

It's not like they aren't wrong just because you think the same as them. xD

Hynad said:
bigtakilla said:
I've tried it and I still dismiss it. So it's not like these folks are wrong.

It's not like they aren't wrong just because you think the same as them. xD

It's not like they are wrong either. xD

PSVR revived my interest in gaming, it truly is next gen. Resident Evil 7 is amazing in VR and makes you pay much more attention to the environment. I'm 10.5 hours in now, still a way to go, and already looking forward to a second play through. Without VR I wouldn't even have bought RE7.

The level of immersion is incredible. I was checking out a simple candle and swear I could smell it burning. And some point you're behind a wall and there's bugs crawling all around. I stood there for over 5 minutes playing with the shadows and looking up close at how they curl around and follow the beams. Stop motion bugs operating at 15fps, very odd and mesmerizing.

I haven't been affected by jump scares in decades, psvr managed again, several times. The feeling of things getting in your personal space is truly unnerving. RE7 is not for everyone though because of that. A friend of mine with psvr won't try it, says he'll die if he does.

I was waiting for 4K projectors to become affordable, yet now I don't really want 4K anymore. A 4K VR headset sure. PSVR is a great start, 2nd gen VR is going to be even better. I hope ps5 launches with a headset.

No, please no. I dont want to spend another 500 euros for something :| But damn I want to, and from your feedback (and gaming media in general) it seems that RE7 turned out to be far better than what I was expecting I mean

Vote the Mayor for Mayor!

Around the Network

Yes, it is very impressive. I just tried.

My grammar errors are justified by the fact that I am a brazilian living in Brazil. I am also very stupid.

Carl2291 said:
Couple of my friends have it on VR and say it's the best gaming experience they've had in years, one of them had the special candle too. Unfortunately for me, the price is just too much for what's currently on offer.

Absolutelly. I am playing right now and had no right to buy it, it is totally out of my budget. But it is amazing.

My grammar errors are justified by the fact that I am a brazilian living in Brazil. I am also very stupid.

SvennoJ said:
PSVR revived my interest in gaming, it truly is next gen. Resident Evil 7 is amazing in VR and makes you pay much more attention to the environment. I'm 10.5 hours in now, still a way to go, and already looking forward to a second play through. Without VR I wouldn't even have bought RE7.

The level of immersion is incredible. I was checking out a simple candle and swear I could smell it burning. And some point you're behind a wall and there's bugs crawling all around. I stood there for over 5 minutes playing with the shadows and looking up close at how they curl around and follow the beams. Stop motion bugs operating at 15fps, very odd and mesmerizing.

I haven't been affected by jump scares in decades, psvr managed again, several times. The feeling of things getting in your personal space is truly unnerving. RE7 is not for everyone though because of that. A friend of mine with psvr won't try it, says he'll die if he does.

I was waiting for 4K projectors to become affordable, yet now I don't really want 4K anymore. A 4K VR headset sure. PSVR is a great start, 2nd gen VR is going to be even better. I hope ps5 launches with a headset.

Out of curiosity do you play on a regular ps4 or a pro? 

Thank you so much Lewis, I would not have bought if it was not your multiple threads about it. RUSH OF BLOOD alone justified the purchase. 

spurgeonryan said:
I cannot even afford a second Wii U let alone one of these. Looks amazing though!

Why do you need a second WIIU? I just bought RE7, I am downloading, but I doubt it can be more amazing than Rush of Blood. That game is landmark in gaming to me, what a experience.