By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Resident Evil 7 is PSVR's killer app.

I fully agree with the OP! I'm doing it in VR (first playthrough) and I can't imagine playing it on the TV... if Resident Evil 8 is being made, it has to be Playstation VR compatible too!!!

If you're interested, you can see my reactions while playing the game as I'm broadcasting my entire "let's play" on our new YT channel (made with my young friends) ^^ (I'm french and I didn't make the english subtitles yet so sorry)

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCNWZ8Ztc8UM7TyOGMa6G55A

Around the Network
d21lewis said:

I play everything (humble brag) https://youtu.be/nLSOaGoWxPE

I've been gaming since the mid 80's and recently one thing kinda frustrated me: People who dismiss VR without ever trying it. I've been a PSVR owner since day one and, while I've enjoyed it, I couldn't 100% recommend it to everyone. The $400 price tag seemed too risky when most of the games seemed gimmicky and others could cause motion sickness. RE7 has completely changed all of that.

A new era is upon us and, quite frankly, nothing else compares to it. The level of immersion, the ease of movement, it's next gen. I'd say it's right up there with the jump to 3D as far as gaming evolution goes.

You don't have to believe me. You don't have to even like first person games, Resident Evil, or Obama. All I'm saying is TRY IT OUT. This is what "next gen" feels like and my mind is boggling at the possibilities that consoles are capable of producing RIGHT NOW. 

Purchase 100% justified.

I fully agree with you. I also bought PSVR at launch,and i have enjoyed it ever since,but as you say it was hard to justify the price for my friends,but Resident Evil 7 changed that. The immersion is incredible,and even though the resolution is lower,it still beats better 2D graphic any day. Resident Evil 7 in standard mode versus VR mode,is like two different games,both good but the later is got damn incredible!!