By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - So Trump has already started messing up big time relationships with Mexico

Tagged games:

bunchanumbers said:
Arminillo said:
@bunchanumbers

I know at least Sen. John McCain has stated his intentions to oppose the freeing of Russian sanctions. I feel that you forget (or maybe ignore) that on the other side of the aisle are people who also want the best for the country, rather than being a bunch of spineless evil white people that hate everyone except those with money. I think the reactions of the left after this election has proven how little difference lies between the republican and democratic parties. Suddenly, the fearmongers are on the left, ranting about the end of democracy and America as we know it under this President! Sounds familiar? I didnt vote for Trump, even though I lean Republican, but I can respect the outcome of the election, I trust that many in the GOP are good people, and I believe in our governmental system. Its not so black and white.

Nah. McConnell, Thune and others have all bought into his alternative facts about voter fraud. Trump pretty much beat them down until they toed his line. This will continue until the others are beat down too. Never mind that there was no proof of 3-5 million people committing voter fraud. Trump will just repeat it until it is believed as fact. And can you really say they have the best interests of the country on their mind? The first thing they tried to do was kill the ethics watchdog group. That doesn't seem in our best interests.

http://www.usnews.com/news/politics/articles/2017-01-24/gop-congress-grapples-with-alternative-facts-from-trump

Estimation say that there are 11.4 million Illegals in the US currently. If only 1/3 voted it would be nearly 4 million votes - Trump's estimation of 3-5 million illegal votes is plausible and reasonable, definitely nothing to ignore.
http://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tank/2016/11/03/5-facts-about-illegal-immigration-in-the-u-s/

More proof would be great - so let's have federal voter ID so we can settle this question once and for all.

Around the Network
bunchanumbers said:
numberwang said:

Do you want to convince someone with insults?

For months there was the "Russia frauded the election" und "Jill Stein recount effort against Trumps voter fraud" and suddenly voter fraud is a lie and never existed?

What? We had recounts for this very reason. There is no proof whatsoever that 3-5 million illegal votes happened. And to top it off, its been shown that Bannon, the Brietbart editor who is whispering in Trumps ear is registered in 2 states. The very stuff that the investigation Trump wants to do will expose.

Do you know they had to stop the recount in detroit because of so many discrepancies? There would be more votes in a district than actual ballets. But MIchigan has some law wrote, that if you come into a situation like that, you can no recount. Sounds fishy to me.

But there are two ways to take that info.

Democrat: OMG ballots are missin, someone tried rigging the election by stealing ballots.

Republican: OMG, someone is rigging the election because it shows more people voted than there are ballots. 

Personally I find the republican viewpoint as the more common sense viewpoint, but being a republican I admit my perception is very well clouded. 

numberwang said:

Estimation say that there are 11.4 million Illegals in the US currently. If only 1/3 voted it would be nearly 4 million votes - Trump's estimation of 3-5 million illegal votes is plausible and reasonable, definitely nothing to ignore.
http://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tank/2016/11/03/5-facts-about-illegal-immigration-in-the-u-s/

More proof would be great - so let's have federal voter ID so we can settle this question once and for all.

Only 33%? That number seems ludicrous when you understand that less than 60% of the people in the US who can legally vote actually voted. Also, voter turnout is heavily skewed towards high income brackets. Of people making under $30k, only 31% voted in 2014 (would be a little higher during president voting but not more than 10%). Voter turnout is also skewed heavily against hispanics, with only 48% of eligible Hispanic voters voting in 2012 compared to 64.1% of eligible white voters or 66% of eligible black voters. While you can say "Only 33% of illegal immigrants would have to vote to fit Trump's estimation", even if it was legal for them to vote they might not even have that high of a turnout.

Who cares about how many illegals voted or not. 1 is too many imo.

But I don't care if it was 1 illegal or 5 million. I don't care if Trump won teh popular vote or not. Voter fraud is not about getting someoen the popular vote, it would be about making sure that the election process is not corupt. Should that not be the main goal. 

I'm actually glad that he didn't win teh popular vote. It shows our system works. Mob rule does not rule. Our democratic republic system was put into place to prevent 5 counties in the entire country deciding an election.

numberwang said:
bunchanumbers said:

Nah. McConnell, Thune and others have all bought into his alternative facts about voter fraud. Trump pretty much beat them down until they toed his line. This will continue until the others are beat down too. Never mind that there was no proof of 3-5 million people committing voter fraud. Trump will just repeat it until it is believed as fact. And can you really say they have the best interests of the country on their mind? The first thing they tried to do was kill the ethics watchdog group. That doesn't seem in our best interests.

http://www.usnews.com/news/politics/articles/2017-01-24/gop-congress-grapples-with-alternative-facts-from-trump

Federal voter ID will never happen. Because then the GOP will have problems with their voter suppression agenda that they have been running for decades. It increases the odds that they won't be in power so they won't go for that. Instead they will destroy things like the arts, humanties, education and nearly anything that makes the populace more difficult to control.

Around the Network

As someone who pretty much lives on the border. I honestly don't see how they'd build the wall. Are they honestly going to build it through mountain ranges and canyons? I don't even think Trump has ever even see the border.

Not only that you're fucking with migration of wild life. There is nothing about the wall that even seems remotely like a smart idea.

FIT_Gamer said:
As someone who pretty much lives on the border. I honestly don't see how they'd build the wall. Are they honestly going to build it through mountain ranges and canyons? I don't even think Trump has ever even see the border.

Not only that you're fucking with migration of wild life. There is nothing about the wall that even seems remotely like a smart idea.

15 billion seems indeed a bit optimistic.

Most of the border follows rivers, can't build in the river, so is the US going to give up land to Mexico by building the border further inside accross the mountain tops?

It could pay itself back as a tourist attraction over time :)

cant cant wait. 

irstupid said:

Who cares about how many illegals voted or not. 1 is too many imo.

But I don't care if it was 1 illegal or 5 million. I don't care if Trump won teh popular vote or not. Voter fraud is not about getting someoen the popular vote, it would be about making sure that the election process is not corupt. Should that not be the main goal. 

I'm actually glad that he didn't win teh popular vote. It shows our system works. Mob rule does not rule. Our democratic republic system was put into place to prevent 5 counties in the entire country deciding an election.

How can the decision of less equally unqualififed and uninformed people be better than more? 

Also, political parties really only look at swing states. So yes, 5 counties (states) can decide the election. This would not be the case in a proportional system, as onvincing voters is just as important in all states (going from 40 to 45 or 70 to 75 % is just as good as going from 47% to 52% in a state.) 

Complaining now shows poor sport, people seemed fine with the voting system before the elections, and lost by rules they knew; like it or not, Trump is legitimate president. Should have complained before knowing the results. This, however, does not change that the electoral system is complete and utter shite, and should be something that people seek to abbolish as fast as possible (democrats or republicans won't bring change; as the system favorizes a stable 2 party system, so in both their interests. In countries with better electoral systems, people  have more than 2 choices that are not thrown out votes.)

Here is an excellent video series on the subject (which I suggest you to watch in the entirety, but 1st one should suffice for now.)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s7tWHJfhiyo&list=PLEcHCTVM79BMISVn4AV5EXSglGDzRgwgG

"Who cares about how many illegals voted or not. 1 is too many imo. "

It is impossible to create an electoral system that registers votes perfectly. There will always be 1 among 300 000 000. Thing is, 1 (or 100 000, really) votes is insufficent to have any impact on the actual outcome of an election (even less in a proportional system. Get rid of first past the post/electoral college!) It most definately makes a difference if the mistake in the system is large enough to influence outcome, or not (it's the latter, according to all studies on the subject.)

Bet with PeH: 

I win if Arms sells over 700 000 units worldwide by the end of 2017.

Bet with WagnerPaiva:

I win if Emmanuel Macron wins the french presidential election May 7th 2017.

double. Sorry.

Bet with PeH: 

I win if Arms sells over 700 000 units worldwide by the end of 2017.

Bet with WagnerPaiva:

I win if Emmanuel Macron wins the french presidential election May 7th 2017.