Forums - Politics Discussion - So Trump has already started messing up big time relationships with Mexico

Tagged games:

KingofTrolls said:

I dont miss any point. U have said that Brazil+other Latin stuff can be a " bright spot" for Mexico and that's is simply not gonna happen. Other counteirs - of course yes. Still, USA accounts for over 80% of Mexico export and u cant switch it with no losses.

Nobody said they won't have losses. That's why they won't shift their pollitics for no reason. If they get heft taxes on their products, it may be better to try to put these products in different markets. Latin countries will probably be a good market, it's quite big.

Right now, the taxes are lower to export to the US because of the trading deals, it's obvious that they will export more to the US. If Argentina removed all taxes from Mexico imports, they would account for a sizeable share pretty soon. If the US deals are gone, Mexico could negotiate bilateral deals with other countries.

Actually, the whole Latin America could be in much better shape if anyone followed what Chile is doing. They are doing freaking great, have tons of bilateral trading deals (much better than multi-country free trade regions like EU or Mercosul). They have a high degree of economic freedom and are exporting like crazy.

Around the Network
Conina said:

And they also have the bigger and longer wall. ;)

They should hire the Chinese to build the wall. At leat that one was pretty efficient when fighting Eurasian nomads, it would be a piece of cake to keep Mexicans away.

If I was Mexico, I would agree to build the wall and just push it forward and get California back. If Trump asked if the wall was in the worng place, Mexico could say: "No, it's 100% right. Los Angeles, San Francisco, it's all ours, even the name is in Spanish".

torok said:

1. Latin countries will probably be a good market, it's quite big.

2.Actually, the whole Latin America could be in much better shape if anyone followed what Chile is doing. They have a high degree of economic freedom and are exporting like crazy.

Well, the conclusion followed by this logic is  95% of world GDP shall be consumed in China/India/IndoChina/Africa region. It's not happening because in capitalism u have to get money to purchase.  Chinese Indian African Hispanisc etc people have simply not eunogh money to pay enough for imported goods. For example Poland - people here will purchase shittons of PS4, games,music etc but they simply dont have money to justify purchase.

2. Yes, Chile is very interesintg market to invest. I have watched webinar of Polish traders and they recommend ed inChile to invest. Kinda like Singapore.

torok said:
Conina said:

They should hire the Chinese to build the wall. At leat that one was pretty efficient when fighting Eurasian nomads, it would be a piece of cake to keep Mexicans away.

If I was Mexico, I would agree to build the wall and just push it forward and get California back. If Trump asked if the wall was in the worng place, Mexico could say: "No, it's 100% right. Los Angeles, San Francisco, it's all ours, even the name is in Spanish".

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reconquista_(Mexico)

Made a bet with LipeJJ and HylianYoshi that the XB1 will reach 30 million before Wii U reaches 15 million. Loser has to get avatar picked by winner for 6 months (or if I lose, either 6 months avatar control for both Lipe and Hylian, or my patrick avatar comes back forever).

torok said:
Conina said:

The funny thing is, it's also one of the greatest dynasties China ever had (and influenced China's modern borders a great deal). 

"The strong do what they can and the weak suffer what they must" - Thoukydides

Around the Network
Conina said:
torok said:
But China may use the opportunity to finally steal the position of leading economy in the world

Fun fact: China is a fine example that border walls DO work and keep illegal immigrants out, as China has virtually no mexicans. 

KingofTrolls said:

Well, the conclusion followed by this logic is  95% of world GDP shall be consumed in China/India/IndoChina/Africa region. It's not happening because in capitalism u have to get money to purchase.  Chinese Indian African Hispanisc etc people have simply not eunogh money to pay enough for imported goods. For example Poland - people here will purchase shittons of PS4, games,music etc but they simply dont have money to justify purchase.

2. Yes, Chile is very interesintg market to invest. I have watched webinar of Polish traders and they recommend ed inChile to invest. Kinda like Singapore.

You're correct in saying that Americans have more money than all those places. But the numbers in a lot of them help to partially offset this. China is today one of the world's largest luxury markets. In a lot of segments, it's more important than the US. Sheer numbers.

I'm not saying those markets are better than the US (300M people with high income). But if Trump puts taxes in Mexican imports so they become more expensive than US-made products, selling stuff to the US won't be an option because people won't pay more just because something is made in Mexico. So Mexican companies will have the option of either going bankrupt or diversifying their exports. Other countries may have lower taxes that allow Mexican products to be more competitive or Mexico may sign free trade deals.

Right now, Mexico isn't activelly pursuing these deals with a decent effort, because they have a huge, high-income market available that happen to be close to them and has free trade deals with them. If Trump wants to do what he claims, he will have to raise taxes until Mexican products become a bad option to Americans. So it's not a matter of option or finding a better partner than the US, it's basically a forced change.

Chile is doing great. Really. Their governments are keeping consistent economic plans (even when left-wing governments are replaced by right-wing ones or vice-versa). They were smart in staying away from Mercosul. Like Singapore, they focused on increasing the economic liberty. That's why I'm so sceptic about Trump, he is against a free market.

Brazil is in serious risk of losing the regional dominance if it keeps insisting on being inneficient. With a bit of luck, the government can approve the new labor laws. That and a tributary reform could put us in the same path as Chile.

Alkibiádēs said:

The funny thing is, it's also one of the greatest dynasties China ever had (and influenced China's modern borders a great deal). 

It's actually surprising how capable the Mongol empire was as a conqueror.

Jpcc86 said:
Conina said:

Fun fact: China is a fine example that border walls DO work and keep illegal immigrants out, as China has virtually no mexicans. 

They had to deal with Gengis Kahn in the past, keeping Mexicans away it's easy.

barneystinson69 said:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reconquista_(Mexico)

Would Apple, Google and MS be Mexican companies? The next Apple commercial will star El Chavo.

MarkkyStorm said:
daredevil.shark said:
Before I comment let me say one thing. I am Muslim and from a different country than USA. And I like trump. From my perspective, illegal immigration is a huge problem. And trump is trying to do the best thing for his country. Trump has a joker image in the media and no matter what he does has a negative impact. He is not a spoiled guy but a super privileged guy with childish execution. If Mexico can't pay then they at least would coperate with USA to stop illegal immigration.

I'm also from a different country and would love to live in the USA, but I'm with you. Illegal immigration is a huge problem and he is not wrong about trying to stop it. And about Mexico paying... Well, here in my country is very common splitting properties with walls and usually the neighbors split costs, which is fair.

See if the problem was so simple as shifting all the blame on Mexico then things would be perfect.  Interesting enough the same report the Now President use for his campaign has stated since 2009 there has been a decrease in Illegal immigrants from Mexico.  Instead there has been a rise in illegal immigration from other areas of the world.   

So what does this mean.  It means we the people will pay for an incredibly expensive wall that will do nothing for solving the illegal immigration to the US but shift it to other avenues.  Americans who are looking for anything to blame for them not succeeding in life will feel comforted that the Mexican invasion they believe is causing them grief will end. 

While we spend billions on this wall we let something that has a direct impact on our society fall by the way side and that’s is our education system.  Currently America is run by immigrants who have better schooling then the US.  Our education system is ranked far below the top nations an behind a lot of third world nations.  While American’s fear all the illegal immigration I believe they do not need to worry.  As the rest of the world catch up and surpass the US, less and less people will care to come to the US which will negate wasting time building the wall.

This is idiotic. Trump is going to cause Americans to pay more for goods for a ridiculous wall that won't stop illegal immigration.