Forums - Politics Discussion - Trump bans EPA employees from giving social media updates.

Has Trump tweeted yet which of the many African dictators he's trying to ape?

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Around the Network
ClassicGamingWizzz said:
Trump supporters never comment on these threads.

Haha. You spoke too soon!

And now research has to go a "political review" before release. Basically, lets cherry pick the data that best supports our false rhetoric and vested interests:

https://www.theguardian.com/environment/2017/jan/25/donald-trump-epa-gag-order-political-review

Its a world of Alternative Facts now. Trump wants to decide what is true and what isn't true. Its sickening that we're stuck with this guy, but our alternative will be Pence who is just as out there. And now Trump is talking about sending the Feds into Chicago. I say I fear for our lives but its looking like we won't live long enough to really fear. Thanks idiots who voted for this fool. You most likely killed us all.

Probably going to get a lot of hate for this, but there is a BIG BIG difference between banning free speech and banning a government agency from continuing to spout things that DO have a political agenda associated with them. No, I'm not saying global warming is necessarily a hoax. No, I'm not saying that there isn't an issue with us spewing too much shit into the atmosphere. But you absolutely cannot deny there are HUGE political agendas associated with global warming and climate control.

Tell me when he has banned private companies and private citizens from informing the public of facts/findings. THEN we have a problem.

Money can't buy happiness. Just video games, which make me happy.

Around the Network
Lawlight said:
And for the record:

http://www.peer.org/news/news-releases/obama-gag-order-on-federal-workers-like-those-under-bush.html

This is actually hilarious. I'm going to go on a limb and assume this didn't bother the (generally) liberal media at all under Obama.

Baalzamon said:
Probably going to get a lot of hate for this, but there is a BIG BIG difference between banning free speech and banning a government agency from continuing to spout things that DO have a political agenda associated with them. No, I'm not saying global warming is necessarily a hoax. No, I'm not saying that there isn't an issue with us spewing too much shit into the atmosphere. But you absolutely cannot deny there are HUGE political agendas associated with global warming and climate control.

Tell me when he has banned private companies and private citizens from informing the public of facts/findings. THEN we have a problem.

i dunno... because government agency is kinda paid by taxpayers.... global warming is barely a political agenda... letting oil company support republican to say it is a hoax is a political agenda.

aikohualda said:
Baalzamon said:

i dunno... because government agency is kinda paid by taxpayers.... global warming is barely a political agenda... letting oil company support republican to say it is a hoax is a political agenda.

Just because they are paid for by taxpayers doesn't mean they can say whatever the hell they choose to and represent it as the opinion/fact of the government. This is in no way limiting their freedom of speech on a personal level. My tax dollars pay for lots of things that I don't have access to, including I'm certain tons of studies the government has performed and not released to the public.

And how you can say global warming isn't political is astonishing to me (Keep in mind, big difference between something being a political issue and something being false). There are absolutely enormous tax complications that can come out of global warming, such as emission taxes. Numerous industries have been given mandates (such as MPG standards) that ultimately arise from global warming issues. The fact of the matter is, even if global warming is 100% legit (and to take it a step further, it is indeed caused by humans which is the important matter), there are a buttload of enormous political issues involved with it.

Scoobes said:

They're not running their mouth though, they're talking about their work and presenting their data whilst also giving expert commentary to major events. It's essential for the pursuit of science and research. And as it's funded by tax payers, they have every right to know the results of the research they've funded, not some censored bullshit propaganda from high up. 

It's completely disproportionate and utterly disgraceful given the "alternative facts" the administration keep presenting. 

No they do not! 

I don't care much for the narrative that everyone here in this thread is going to push as just but don't even try to conflate your values of what's ethical when there are a set of protocols that big organizations have to follow including those working in public service. This is no different from a NDA agreement that employees have to follow regardless of whether they work in the private or public sector ... 

And for christ's sake people should learn what the actual obligations are from instead assuming that it's a free for all ... 

Baalzamon said:
aikohualda said:

Just because they are paid for by taxpayers doesn't mean they can say whatever the hell they choose to and represent it as the opinion/fact of the government. This is in no way limiting their freedom of speech on a personal level. My tax dollars pay for lots of things that I don't have access to, including I'm certain tons of studies the government has performed and not released to the public.

And how you can say global warming isn't political is astonishing to me (Keep in mind, big difference between something being a political issue and something being false). There are absolutely enormous tax complications that can come out of global warming, such as emission taxes. Numerous industries have been given mandates (such as MPG standards) that ultimately arise from global warming issues. The fact of the matter is, even if global warming is 100% legit (and to take it a step further, it is indeed caused by humans which is the important matter), there are a buttload of enormous political issues involved with it.

what scare me is that what is accepted  by majority of scientific community is not accepted by government... and donald trump prohibiting them to tweet because it doesn't meet his criteria like i dunno tweeting about 3 million fraud voters without anything to back him is OKAY?

like i said i DID NOT Say it is not a political agenda... i said barely compare to the politician who are recipients of the oil and gas company... and guess what most of them are republican and apparently most republicans still do not buy the concept of global warming... could it be political? esp that the sitting president is from the GOP? could it be more political than a tweet about real numbers about global warming?????

but hey you are the one backing a guy who thinks global warming is hoax by chinese people...