By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Switch touchscreen in action

Im glad they kept the touch pad. I had a feeling they would remove touch features to keep price down.

Around the Network
monocle_layton said:
So you can touch it and get a response like any other tablet?

Where are the noble prize awards for Nintendo!?!?!?! Revolutionary technology! The Switch should be $449 with amazing features like this!

Lol why you gotta hate brah? It's just we haven't seen it in action yet, not saying it's revolutionary :P

On a side note, that's a relief to see the screen resolution looking pretty sharp as well. Always hated the crappy Wii U gamepad screen resolution.

"We hold these truths to be self-evident - all men and women created by the, go-you know.. you know the thing!" - Joe Biden

Like I said in NintendoDomination, it's pretty cool to finally see some touch, maybe it's due to the lack of handheld software that it wasn't featured. Still the UI was a fail here, the rep poked at the character three times until he noticed he had to select it with a small button underneath.

@Twitter | Switch | Steam

You say tomato, I say tomato 

"¡Viva la Ñ!"

KLXVER said:
Puppyroach said:
It only makes this console even more versatile on the road, having mobile games aswell =).

It splits the software though. Some games would only be playable in handheld mode.

Not necessarily. Most games can be adjusted to work with analogue stick and buttons, although they will not be as good as touch.

Puppyroach said:
KLXVER said:

It splits the software though. Some games would only be playable in handheld mode.

Not necessarily. Most games can be adjusted to work with analogue stick and buttons, although they will not be as good as touch.

As long as they do it, Im good.