By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Switch touchscreen in action

SonytendoAmiibo said:
Platina said:
Looks good, but still doesn't answer my question is if the screen is multi-touch sensing?

A link for you. Your welcome. http://press-start.com.au/news/2017/01/13/nintendo-switch-6-2-multi-touch-screen/

Thanks for this, more great news

NintenDomination [May 2015 - July 2017]

- Official  VGChartz Tutorial Thread - 

NintenDomination [2015/05/19 - 2017/07/02]

Here lies the hidden threads. 

| |

Nintendo Metascore | Official NintenDomination | VGC Tutorial Thread

| Best and Worst of Miiverse | Manga Discussion Thead |
[3DS] Winter Playtimes [Wii U]

Around the Network

That touch screen is great. I can't believe Nintedno is really not planning a web browser for Switch atm

t3mporary_126 said:
That touch screen is great. I can't believe Nintedno is really not planning a web browser for Switch atm

They aren't?

Wow they are really keeping te OS slim then. Probably to save RAM.

Nice to see it in action, surprised Nintendo didn't make note of the function at all during the Switch presentation. Makes me wonder what will happen to games like Art Academy and Flipnote though. They relied on the resistive stylus for accurate movements, and unless they want to make their own S Pen or Apple Pencil, a typical capacitive stylus won't do the job.

I am so underwhelmed.

Black Women Are The Most Beautiful Women On The Planet.

"In video game terms, RPGs are games that involve a form of separate battles taking place with a specialized battle system and the use of a system that increases your power through a form of points.

Sure, what you say is the definition, but the connotation of RPGs is what they are in video games." - dtewi

Around the Network

All I'm hearing from people who've held it is that the screen is beautiful... I can't wait to see it for myself as you can't really appreciate it via videos.

I'm very glad that they decided to move away from the pressure-style screens they'd been using on the DS/3DS/Wii U and went with the conventional tablet-style screen; it looks much better and should be easier to use.

Oh, it's just Skylanders.
Moving on.

I was hoping to see it's haptic touch in action, but I guess that's not possible. 😑

VGChartz♥♥♥♥♥FOREVER

Xbone... the new "N" word   Apparently I troll MS now | Evidence | Evidence

It only makes this console even more versatile on the road, having mobile games aswell =).

Puppyroach said:
It only makes this console even more versatile on the road, having mobile games aswell =).

It splits the software though. Some games would only be playable in handheld mode.