By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Your most anticipated Switch game... outside of Zelda :P

 

I'm most looking forward to...

Super Mario Odyssey 172 47.12%
 
Xenoblade 2 89 24.38%
 
Splatoon 2 41 11.23%
 
Fire Emblem Warriors 7 1.92%
 
Fire Emblem 2018 24 6.58%
 
Other 32 8.77%
 
Total:365
curl-6 said:
Wman1996 said:
Super Mario Odyssey. It promises to be the most open-world Mario title since Sunshine and I love the locales. I'm getting so sick of the New Super Mario Bros. locations (grass, lava, etc.).

Agreed. Based on a reveal trailer alone, it looks more interesting than any game in the series (2D or 3D) since Galaxy 2. It looks like exactly what Mario's HD debut should have been. Better late than never, I suppose!

You know, you seem a lot warmer to Nintendo and the Switch at present, despite not liking the price.  I take it Mario and Nintendo releasing Zelda on Wii U simultaneously with Switch helped with that? :P



Around the Network
Nuvendil said:
curl-6 said:

Agreed. Based on a reveal trailer alone, it looks more interesting than any game in the series (2D or 3D) since Galaxy 2. It looks like exactly what Mario's HD debut should have been. Better late than never, I suppose!

You know, you seem a lot warmer to Nintendo and the Switch at present, despite not liking the price.  I take it Mario and Nintendo releasing Zelda on Wii U simultaneously with Switch helped with that? :P

Yeah, not gonna lie, Zelda still coming to Wii U has a lot do with it. :P

In general though, I actually like a LOT they're doing atm; Mario Odyssey and Breath of the Wild look like a return to the more ambitious Nintendo I've missed, Splatoon 2 in the Switch's first year and Zelda at launch is exactly what I said they should do, the Switch's controller setup with a pointer, motion control, two independent halves making it basically a wireless Wiimote + Nunchuk looks like it could be basically my ideal controller...

Honestly if it wasn't for the price tag and paid online, I'd have almost nothing but praise for the Switch.



Bet with Liquidlaser: I say PS5 and Xbox Series will sell more than 56 million combined by the end of 2023.

curl-6 said:
Nuvendil said:

You know, you seem a lot warmer to Nintendo and the Switch at present, despite not liking the price.  I take it Mario and Nintendo releasing Zelda on Wii U simultaneously with Switch helped with that? :P

Yeah, not gonna lie, Zelda still coming to Wii U has a lot do with it. :P

In general though, I actually like a LOT they're doing atm; Mario Odyssey and Breath of the Wild look like a return to the more ambitious Nintendo I've missed, Splatoon 2 in the Switch's first year and Zelda at launch is exactly what I said they should do, the Switch's controller setup with a pointer, motion control, two independent halves making it basically a wireless Wiimote + Nunchuk looks like it could be basically my ideal controller...

Honestly if it wasn't for the price tag and paid online, I'd have almost nothing but praise for the Switch.

The Joy-Cons are basically the Wiimote perfected. It should always have been like having a regular controller split in two instead of what they made for the Wii.




curl-6 said:
Nuvendil said:

You know, you seem a lot warmer to Nintendo and the Switch at present, despite not liking the price.  I take it Mario and Nintendo releasing Zelda on Wii U simultaneously with Switch helped with that? :P

Yeah, not gonna lie, Zelda still coming to Wii U has a lot do with it. :P

In general though, I actually like a LOT they're doing atm; Mario Odyssey and Breath of the Wild look like a return to the more ambitious Nintendo I've missed, Splatoon 2 in the Switch's first year and Zelda at launch is exactly what I said they should do, the Switch's controller setup with a pointer, motion control, two independent halves making it basically a wireless Wiimote + Nunchuk looks like it could be basically my ideal controller...

Honestly if it wasn't for the price tag and paid online, I'd have almost nothing but praise for the Switch.

The paid online is honestly the only wasp in the queso for me.  But the big question for that is simply price. If they offer less but it costs substantially less annually, I'll only be mildly bothered. If it is the same price then I will be much more bothered.

The $299 price is exactly what I called on reveal day months ago so obviously no complaints for me :P. The only price really bothering me is the dock.  Joycons, Pro Controller, fine, I get it, they have a lot of tech in them, R&D costs to recoup, yada yada (the Dualshock 4 was only $10 cheaper on launch and arguably had less in it and a worse battery life). But the dock? What is in the dock for it to be so expensive? Everything else makes a degree of sense but the dock is a real headscratcher.   



Hynad said:
curl-6 said:

Yeah, not gonna lie, Zelda still coming to Wii U has a lot do with it. :P

In general though, I actually like a LOT they're doing atm; Mario Odyssey and Breath of the Wild look like a return to the more ambitious Nintendo I've missed, Splatoon 2 in the Switch's first year and Zelda at launch is exactly what I said they should do, the Switch's controller setup with a pointer, motion control, two independent halves making it basically a wireless Wiimote + Nunchuk looks like it could be basically my ideal controller...

Honestly if it wasn't for the price tag and paid online, I'd have almost nothing but praise for the Switch.

The Joy-Cons are basically the Wiimote perfected. It should always have been like having a regular controller split in two instead of what they made for the Wii.

Well the Wii was very motion controll centric.  The Switch has to have a normal control option for every major release otherwise one of the most prominent utilities of the thing is lost.  Hence why the only full-on motion control game is 1, 2, Switch. 



Around the Network
Nuvendil said:
Hynad said:

The Joy-Cons are basically the Wiimote perfected. It should always have been like having a regular controller split in two instead of what they made for the Wii.

Well the Wii was very motion controll centric.  The Switch has to have a normal control option for every major release otherwise one of the most prominent utilities of the thing is lost.  Hence why the only full-on motion control game is 1, 2, Switch. 

The Joy-Con has all the tech that's in a Wiimote and then some. So the excuse that the wiimote was motion centric isn't really a good one. 




Hynad said:
curl-6 said:

Yeah, not gonna lie, Zelda still coming to Wii U has a lot do with it. :P

In general though, I actually like a LOT they're doing atm; Mario Odyssey and Breath of the Wild look like a return to the more ambitious Nintendo I've missed, Splatoon 2 in the Switch's first year and Zelda at launch is exactly what I said they should do, the Switch's controller setup with a pointer, motion control, two independent halves making it basically a wireless Wiimote + Nunchuk looks like it could be basically my ideal controller...

Honestly if it wasn't for the price tag and paid online, I'd have almost nothing but praise for the Switch.

The Joy-Cons are basically the Wiimote perfected. It should always have been like having a regular controller split in two instead of what they made for the Wii.

And since the Wiimote + Nunchuk is my current favourite controller setup, I honestly couldn't have asked for a better interface for the Switch. I love the hardware. I love the software. It's just that price tag and the online paywall I'm not a fan of.



Bet with Liquidlaser: I say PS5 and Xbox Series will sell more than 56 million combined by the end of 2023.

Nuvendil said:
curl-6 said:

Yeah, not gonna lie, Zelda still coming to Wii U has a lot do with it. :P

In general though, I actually like a LOT they're doing atm; Mario Odyssey and Breath of the Wild look like a return to the more ambitious Nintendo I've missed, Splatoon 2 in the Switch's first year and Zelda at launch is exactly what I said they should do, the Switch's controller setup with a pointer, motion control, two independent halves making it basically a wireless Wiimote + Nunchuk looks like it could be basically my ideal controller...

Honestly if it wasn't for the price tag and paid online, I'd have almost nothing but praise for the Switch.

The paid online is honestly the only wasp in the queso for me.  But the big question for that is simply price. If they offer less but it costs substantially less annually, I'll only be mildly bothered. If it is the same price then I will be much more bothered.

The $299 price is exactly what I called on reveal day months ago so obviously no complaints for me :P. The only price really bothering me is the dock.  Joycons, Pro Controller, fine, I get it, they have a lot of tech in them, R&D costs to recoup, yada yada (the Dualshock 4 was only $10 cheaper on launch and arguably had less in it and a worse battery life). But the dock? What is in the dock for it to be so expensive? Everything else makes a degree of sense but the dock is a real headscratcher.   

The main reason the price tag bothers me is not so much that I can't afford it, but that I worry it will prevent the machine from selling well, which in turn will mean it won't get the kind of software support I want.



Bet with Liquidlaser: I say PS5 and Xbox Series will sell more than 56 million combined by the end of 2023.

curl-6 said:
Hynad said:

The Joy-Cons are basically the Wiimote perfected. It should always have been like having a regular controller split in two instead of what they made for the Wii.

And since the Wiimote + Nunchuk is my current favourite controller setup, I honestly couldn't have asked for a better interface for the Switch. I love the hardware. I love the software. It's just that price tag and the online paywall I'm not a fan of.

The console's pricetag isn't unreasonable for what the console does. The rest of the pricing (accessories, paid online), I agree with you. But when it comes to paid online, I'll reserve judgment for when they reveal what will be included with the subscription, and how much it will cost per year.




Hynad said:
curl-6 said:

And since the Wiimote + Nunchuk is my current favourite controller setup, I honestly couldn't have asked for a better interface for the Switch. I love the hardware. I love the software. It's just that price tag and the online paywall I'm not a fan of.

The console's pricetag isn't unreasonable for what the console does. The rest of the pricing (accessories, paid online), I agree with you. But when it comes to paid online, I'll reserve judgment for when they reveal what will be included with the subscription, and how much it will cost per year.

I mean for me personally, I can afford one if I really want one. It's more that, as I said above, I worry the price will mean poor sales and subsequently poor support.



Bet with Liquidlaser: I say PS5 and Xbox Series will sell more than 56 million combined by the end of 2023.