By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Fire Emblem Direct 18th Jan (2PM PT, 5PM ET, 10PM GMT)

Panama said:
Defs going to be the first mobile game ill ever spend money on. Nintendo only now realising the power of their IPs.

it's honestly the way Nintendo should have approached the Mario mobile game -- free with microtransactions.  I say that because mobile is essentially the modern iteration of the arcades of the past except you give them a taste for free before you get them hooked.  It's not the way I'd like mobile games to be but I'm not the target audience for that market.

Around the Network
Pavolink said:
celador said:
well that was boring

no proper Fire Emblem until 2018, allegedly, and thirty seconds of Warriors footage

What about Echoes?

I meant on Switch, not sure if I'll get another 3DS game, that console is up in my attic now

finally we will get a real fire emblem for 3ds (i hope) and not a waifu emblem.

Pavolink said:
VGPolyglot said:
So, is Echoes eShop only?

No. There's already a boxart, but can't post it due to being on mobile 🙁

That's great news! I might get it then, but only after I get Birthright and Conquest.

FE 2 remake: Wasn't expecting this at all. Looks great. Definitely looking forward to it!

FE Switch: No trailer bums me out. But at least we know it's coming and it's a 2018 title (though I fear it may be just for Japan and we'll have to wait until 2019) Hopefully E3 gives us something, hopefully.

FE Warriors: Love the Fall 2017 release date, gives me something to look forward to in between Splatoon 2 and Super Mario Odyssey. I was surprised by the New 3DS version, but it looks to be the same exact deal with Legends, so I'll get the superior version.

FE Heroes: "What goes up. Must come down. My enemies fall to the ground! See bodies hanging upside down! I sliced their heads without a sound! FE HEROOOOES! FE HEROOOES!"
But in all seriousness, it looks hood, certainly better than I anticipated. I was underwhelmed that they focused heavily on this, but it comes out in 2 weeks so I get it.

Overall, 7/10 for me.

Around the Network
Namiirei said:
finally we will get a real fire emblem for 3ds (i hope) and not a waifu emblem.

Finger crossed!

Might actually be one to enjoy.

The mobile one though... clearly another waifu simulator. Not interested.

I came in expecting only Warriors and Mobile info...so I was pleasantly surprised.

Fire Embem Gaiden Remake: Holy crap that was out of nowhere. So stoked for this...more Fire Emblem is always a good thing. Also have to give props to Nintendo for not completely severing their old system. I am curious if the May release is worldwide, or if the West will need to wait a few months. Totally getting those amiibos if I can. I'm that much of a Fire Emblem fanatic. Hehehe...

Fire Emblem Warriors: Well...that was a lot of nothing...though I'm sure I'll enjoy it. Definitely a Switch purchase.

Fire Emblem Switch: Nothing shown...but the fact that we're getting a Switch title is promising. Excited for this too.

Fire Emblem Heroes: Wasn't expecting to care about this...and was a little annoyed it took up so much of the presentation...but I'll likely pick this up. It looks more like a crossover than a standalone story, though they threw together some basic scenario in order for it to make sense. I'll pick it up when it releases on iPhone...though not really a rush for me anyway.

Overall...I didn't care much about the mobile game, and the Warriors info was lacking, but the new game announcement easily made up for that and more. 

And good job getting Yuri Lowenthal to do this, Nintendo. The guy must have a busy schedule, considering he has a voice in like every dubbed anime or Japanese game ever.

NNID: Zephyr25 / PSN: Zephyr--25 / Switch: SW-4450-3680-7334

Fire Emblem Echoes looks great...
As much as I love Fire Emblem, I hope series fatigue doesn't become an issue...
Fire Emblem doesn't exactly have the public appeal that Mario or Pokémon has...

Have a nice day...

Hopefully youve all voted barst by now

Muda Muda Muda Muda Muda Muda!!!!

3DS Fire Emblem remake of Gaiden. FE Warriors for Switch and console FE game for Switch next year. Nintendo has their hands in my wallet.