By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Fire Emblem Direct 18th Jan (2PM PT, 5PM ET, 10PM GMT)

There's so much fan service that is super annoying; but is Fire Emblem so I still love it.

The mobile game actually looks very good; Echoes looks good as well. Only thing I don't care about is Fire Emblem Warriors, I tried Hyrule Warriors but it got boring pretty fast.

Nintendo and PC gamer

Around the Network

Damn I missed it. Any synopsis for what games were announced?

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

vivster said:
Damn I missed it. Any synopsis for what games were announced?

A remake of a NES era Fire Emblem that never came to the states: it's sort of appears to be the Zelda 2, Mario 2 of the series

Fire Emblem Switch confirmed for 2018

Fire Emblem Warriors will have Chrom in it, has a New 3DS exclusive port a la Xenoblade

Fire Emblem Mobile releases early Feb

All voiced by Yuri 'Suzaku Pip Uchiha' Lowenthal.

The Democratic Nintendo fan....is that a paradox? I'm fond of one of the more conservative companies in the industry, but I vote Liberally and view myself that way 90% of the time?

Wow. Why does Fire Emblem mobile look so terrible? Why can't it look exactly like the 3DS games or better?

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

RolStoppable said:
vivster said:
Wow. Why does Fire Emblem mobile look so terrible? Why can't it look exactly like the 3DS games or better?

Because that is Nintendo's mobile strategy. Raising IP awareness; if you want the real deal, buy Nintendo hardware.

So it's their campaign to further the false narrative that all mobile games are shit so they can stay in business with dedicated handhelds.

That's shitty.

Around the Network
vivster said:
RolStoppable said:

Because that is Nintendo's mobile strategy. Raising IP awareness; if you want the real deal, buy Nintendo hardware.

So it's their campaign to further the false narrative that all mobile games are shit so they can stay in business with shitty dedicated handhelds.

That's shitty.

It's a free to play game. There are going to be a lot of people that will grind and not buy anything. The presentation is representative of that.

Darc Requiem said:
vivster said:

So it's their campaign to further the false narrative that all mobile games are shit so they can stay in business with dedicated handhelds.

That's shitty.

It's a free to play game. There are going to be a lot of people that will grind and not buy anything. The presentation is representative of that.

Didn't know it was f2p. That makes it even worse actually.

Wow, that event was quite great. I was expecting only FE Warriors and the mobile game, and getting FE: Echoes as well as a new FE game in the works for the Switch is a huge plus. I'm definitely getting Echoes day 1, and hope the Switch game is a proper console FE game, and not like a 3DS title. Warriors only showed a tiny bit of gameplay, which is a real disappoint, but there is still time to show off more. I also wasn't expecting to actually like and be very interested in Heroes. It was what I hoped it would be, and the game looks pretty great. It may be the best mobile game Nintendo has made so far, with some love and care put into the project. I am eager to give this title a try for sure.

Overall, 8/10

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

RolStoppable said:
vivster said:

Didn't know it was f2p. That makes it even worse actually.

What did you expect from Fire Emblem for mobile anyway? How did you imagine it would be?

The exact same as the 3DS game.

You know, like Square Enix managed to put out a real 2D FF on mobile. Or how they ported a whole DQ8 on mobile.

There is no reason for JRPGs on mobile to be anything less than their handheld counterparts.

vivster said:
RolStoppable said:

What did you expect from Fire Emblem for mobile anyway? How did you imagine it would be?

The exact same as the 3DS game.

You know, like Square Enix managed to put out a real 2D FF on mobile. Or how they ported a whole DQ8 on mobile.

There is no reason for JRPGs on mobile to be anything less than their handheld counterparts.

Also worth pointing out they want this to run on literally any device that can access the markets.  So that's another thing. 

And yeah, it being freemium is a major part of that.  Freemium is a risky economy to bank on so it does make sense to hedge your bets.