By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Fire Emblem Direct 18th Jan (2PM PT, 5PM ET, 10PM GMT)

I chose Ike for my first day, because he's Ike.

Fire Emblem Echoes - Don't give a shit about the game.

Fire Emblem Warriors - Nah, didn't get Hyrule Warriors either, I don't have a lot of interest in Muso type games these days.

Fire Emblem Switch 2018 - Yes please.

Fire Emblem Mobile - Somewhat interested, will see how it turns out, if there is a limit on how long you can play each day and having to buy credits to play more like all other shitty mobile games then maybe not, I'll give it a try.

Around the Network
Volterra_90 said:
So Nintendo is planning to go slow with the Switch then? I understand that they're banking on their fans this year, and I'll expect a holidays price cut. That's what I get about the continued 3DS support.

Slow....

Heads up, disregarding Xenoblade 2 as I feel it could be pushed back, Nintendo has on the Switch already has as many 1st party titles (or partially funded a la Warriors titles) as the Wii U had during it's best year 2014 (AKA the year all games but Nintendo ones were busted like Enron). 

And they are still revealing more. 

The Democratic Nintendo fan....is that a paradox? I'm fond of one of the more conservative companies in the industry, but I vote Liberally and view myself that way 90% of the time?

Switch is already shaping up to have a more complete software library than the Wii U, but we shall see.

Hiku said:

This was the most interesting part of the remake:

Looks like there's some sort of free roaming going on, instead of the usual grid based battle encounters?

Fire Emblem becoming an Action RPG like FF15 confirmed? :P

KrspaceT said:
Volterra_90 said:
So Nintendo is planning to go slow with the Switch then? I understand that they're banking on their fans this year, and I'll expect a holidays price cut. That's what I get about the continued 3DS support.

Slow....

Heads up, disregarding Xenoblade 2 as I feel it could be pushed back, Nintendo has on the Switch already has as many 1st party titles (or partially funded a la Warriors titles) as the Wii U had during it's best year 2014 (AKA the year all games but Nintendo ones were busted like Enron). 

Oh, don't get me wrong, I'm fully satisfied with the first year support. I meant that they're trying to have both platforms co-exist with each other for a while. I thought they'll probably kill the 3DS this year. 

Around the Network
Volterra_90 said:
KrspaceT said:

Slow....

Oh, don't get me wrong, I'm fully satisfied with the first year support. I meant that they're trying to have both platforms co-exist with each other for a while. I thought they'll probably kill the 3DS this year. 

It all depends where we next see Pikachu. 

The Democratic Nintendo fan....is that a paradox? I'm fond of one of the more conservative companies in the industry, but I vote Liberally and view myself that way 90% of the time?

RolStoppable said:
Nuvendil said:

I think this direct actually gives us a good map of Nintendo's support plans for 3DS and a timeline for merging the handheld ecosystem into the Switch. It looks like 3DS will get support through 2017 and then in 2018  they will start merging the handheld ecosystem into the Switch, probably in conjunction with a price drop (maybe around 2018 E3, use the price drop announcement there to push sales). Makes sense, 299 is pricey to try and force 3DS owners to move to immediately.

It's also worth thinking about which development teams are handling the late 3DS support. Intelligent Systems has always had late games for Nintendo hardware, including Fire Emblem titles. A third party notorious for milking its Warriors games putting a version on the New 3DS is also nothing out of the ordinary or going to kill Switch's chances.

Nintendo's most important teams are all exclusively working on Switch games already.

And that's more than great news. Nintendo, with their divisions combing, are able utilize various teams to release various projects. This direct showed me that Nintendo has a lot more coming. The Switch presentation was mostly for investors and media while the Treehouse was for gamers. They basically showed the first year of Switch games (so far) and i hope there's more like what we saw today.

Nope, don't see why they couldn't show the remaining 10 seconds of the Fire Emblem Warriors trailer during the Switch presentation, but it's not like it matters, just Chrom swinging a sword tells us little. Also could of have easily fit in Fire Emblem 2018 aswell since it's just a titlecard, but whatever! Naturally I don't care about the mobile game, so the main thing here for me is the remake. Now that the old games can be brought back to the forefront, we'll see if they're truely as great as the longtime fans claim! Psh naw I don't actually care about that, I'm just happy for more Fire Emblem action!

Hiku said:
Jranation said:
I love thiese chracter designs! Im guessing this will be in the game? Yummmy! XD

They are.
That's the Defense art for Lucina. (When she gets hit.)

And here's here Attack art.

There seems to be at least one Attack art and one Defense art for each unit.

Oh yes! Thankyou for that confirmation! Great fanservice here! 

Pocky Lover Boy! 

Defs going to be the first mobile game ill ever spend money on. Nintendo only now realising the power of their IPs.