By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Prediction: Xbox One will outsell Switch 3 to 1 this year

derpysquirtle64 said:
No. I think Xbox One will outsell Switch but 3:1 is not gonna happen. Xbox One sold 6 maybe 7 million units in 2016. I highly doubt it will sell 12 millions this year

With a cheaper price, more games, and new system upgrade its easily possible to do 30% better than a typical year!

Around the Network
Geralt said:
onionberry said:
I think the xbox one doesn't have any sexy content for this year and the switch and playstation will have better sales. Also, scorpio is going to flop harder than the ps4 pro. More power doesn't' mean shit when your content is not there.

Xbox one has mass effect, assassins creed, red dead redemption, halo, forza, call of duty, crackdown, resident evil, vr, sea of thieves, outlast 2, 

and those are amazing games, I'm talking about exclusive content that make people buy consoles, halo wars 2 is great but not the halo games that sells consoles, crackdown we will see, but so far 0 gameplay and just tech demos so I can't judge, sea of thieves a new interesting ip just like sunset overdrive, not a system seller. Those other games are on ps4 and pc too so I don't know if the sales are going to be affected by those games.

Let's say that Switch have zelda, splatoon 2, mario kart 8 deluxe and super mario,that alone is going to garantize good sales the first year, if the rumor of a pokemon star game is real, that thing with outsell the xbox guaranteed (this year) just because of Nintendo fans and Pokemon fans, and I'm not talking about sales if the system is a massive success with the mainstream and casual gamers.

idk having Zelda, Mario Kart, Splatoon & 3D Mario in a single year is pretty big.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

What does graphics that are "12 times better" mean? How do you measure that?

Also; you think that the Scorpio will output native 4k gaming at 60 fps?! That can't be serious. An overclocked GTX 1080 can't pull off 60 fps at 4k resolutions in the vast majority of games and that GPU alone costs 50% more than an entire Scorpio likely will.

PS: A near 50% increase for the Xbox One in 2017 is insane, that's not gonna happen. 10-15% would be great growth, but even that seems somewhat unlikely. I don't think there's any way for the One to outsell Switch by 3:1, unless the Switch only sells about 3 million or less. The initial shipment is around 2million, that would mean it can sell only another million or so for the rest of the year, or 2 million in your example. This hinges upon Switch flopping historically or Xbox One showing growth that is unheard of, both seem equally unlikely from where I'm sitting. That said, I do believe the One will outsell the Switch in 2017.

I see Xbox doing 10-11m This year and switch 8 or 9m. So Xbox might outsell it but not that much.

Around the Network
derpysquirtle64 said:
No. I think Xbox One will outsell Switch but 3:1 is not gonna happen. Xbox One sold 6 maybe 7 million units in 2016. I highly doubt it will sell 12 millions this year

VGC is missing Dec so it is probably closer to 9m

onionberry said:
Geralt said:

Xbox one has mass effect, assassins creed, red dead redemption, halo, forza, call of duty, crackdown, resident evil, vr, sea of thieves, outlast 2, 

and those are amazing games, I'm talking about exclusive content that make people buy consoles, halo wars 2 is great but not the halo games that sells consoles, crackdown we will see, but so far 0 gameplay and just tech demos so I can't judge, sea of thieves a new interesting ip just like sunset overdrive, not a system seller. Those other games are on ps4 and pc too so I don't know if the sales are going to be affected by those games.

Let's say that Switch have zelda, splatoon 2, mario kart 8 deluxe and super mario,that alone is going to garantize good sales the first year, if the rumor of a pokemon star game is real, that thing with outsell the xbox guaranteed (this year) just because of Nintendo fans and Pokemon fans, and I'm not talking about sales if the system is a massive success with the mainstream and casual gamers.

A system can still sell great on third party support besides I am sure Xbox has something in store for the end of this year. I think the Xone will sell at least 8 million units this year and I think the Scorpio is  product that will sell a million units alone. The PS4 pro for instance is doing quite well in Europe.

Please excuse my (probally) poor grammar

Geralt said:
derpysquirtle64 said:

With a cheaper price, more games, and new system upgrade its easily possible to do 30% better than a typical year!

What " more games" are you talking  about? 

All multi plat games  will sell much more on ps4/ xbox in general  doesn have any exclusives anymore. 

Switch has japan+a insanely  awesome  looking  zelda it has  mario,xenoblade 2 and god knows what more.

Switch  can beat xbox. 

Ps4 beat them  both. 

My youtube gaming page.

http://www.youtube.com/user/klaudkil

Scorpio - Won't ever pass Switch

WiiU - Outsold in 12-18 months

XB1 - Gets beat by Switchs 3rd holidays

Nov 2016 - NES outsells PS1 (JP)

Don't Play Stationary 4 ever. Switch!

I agree. 4K Blu-ray with the best looking multi-plats should be an inticing offer to many. Let's not forget the TV Guide capabilities with built in IR blaster. 😍

Also, if Switch fails to deliver Achievements, there's gonna be a lot of disappointed people.

VGChartz♥♥♥♥♥FOREVER

Xbone... the new "N" word   Apparently I troll MS now | Evidence | Evidence