By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Prediction: Xbox One will outsell Switch 3 to 1 this year

This is a completely unreasonable prediction.

I mean, really? The Switch will sell worse than the 3DS sold at $250 with a garbage-tier catalog of games?

The 3DS sold over 3 million units at $250 in its first five months. The only games Nintendo had released for it were Pilotwings Resort, Nintendogs+cats, Steel Diver, Star Fox 64 3D, and Ocarina of Time 3D.

But you think that the Switch will sell just 4 million in a time-frame twice as long with Nintendo releasing Breath of the Wild, Mario Kart 8 Deluxe, Splatoon 2, Super Mario Odyssey, Xenoblade Chronicles 2, and other smaller titles?

Around the Network

A slight glimmer of a chance........ in the U.S
If youre talking worldwide then..................HAHAHAHAHAHA sorry couldn't hold it much longer
This prediction is coming from a person with Donald Trump as their gamertag.....not surprising. The Xbox fanboy is coming out from within you..... don't mix up your fantasies and ideals with the reality and truths.

You know, I try to respect everyone's opinions, but then a post like this shows up, which makes me either fume in rage or take the person as a joke, depending on my mood.
You count Outlast as a heavy hitter game?
Are you kidding me? Assassins creed is very like to be next year and isnt confirmed for 2017.....................................................................................................................................................................

.............................................................No offense

Bet with Intrinsic:

The Switch will outsell 3DS (based on VGchartz numbers), according to me, while Intrinsic thinks the opposite will hold true. One month avatar control for the loser's avatar.

SegataSanshiro said:

With what games? It's not going to unless it shows something truly killer at E3. Not games I can get on PS4 or PC. Seriously with what?

Multiplat games. Hundreds of them. 

Truth is it's only gaming forums that exclusives are fetishized. Regular gamers just mainly want access to the major multiplats, that's 90% of their gaming diet. 

"Message board gamers" are like restaurant snobs in some ways, only eating certain kinds of foods, regular games don't really care about that shit, they just want a decent restaurant to sit in, maybe one that has some good nachos as a starter and a good steak. 

XBox One S has plenty of games. More good games than any reasonable human being with any semblance of social/work/school life would even have time to play through. 

Soundwave said:
SegataSanshiro said:

With what games? It's not going to unless it shows something truly killer at E3. Not games I can get on PS4 or PC. Seriously with what?

Truth is it's only gaming forums that exclusives are fetishized. Regular gamers just mainly want access to the major multiplats, that's 90% of their gaming diet. 

"Message board gamers" are like restaurant snobs in some ways, only eating certain kinds of foods, regular games don't really care about that shit, they just want a decent restaurant to sit in, maybe one that has some good nachos as a starter and a good steak. 

XBox One S has plenty of games. More good games than any reasonable human being with any semblance of social/work/school life would even have time to play through. 

Are you kidding me? I can't name even 10 AAA titles that are coming this year to the Switch.

Made a bet with LipeJJ and HylianYoshi that the XB1 will reach 30 million before Wii U reaches 15 million. Loser has to get avatar picked by winner for 6 months (or if I lose, either 6 months avatar control for both Lipe and Hylian, or my patrick avatar comes back forever).

Sure the Xbox one will outsell the Switch but 3 to 1, is far to much, I guess 1.5 to 1

Around the Network
Soundwave said:
SegataSanshiro said:

Again games I can already get on PS4 or PC don't count because you can get better versions elsewhere ESP on PS4 with far more games. I can get the definitive version of Zelda on Switch and SMT and Xenoblade 2.

I actually forgot Xbox existed, seriously. I don't know, that's a bold prediction. Outsell? Maybe, if Switch flops, which is quite possible, but 3:1? That sounds incredibly unlikely.

Almost 3.5 years in and the Xbox One has 25 mil sales. That means around 7.5 mil sales this year based on the average. Let's be super optimistic and say it manages 10 mil. That means the Switch will sell a measly 3.3 million for your prediction to come true. With Mario, Zelda, Splatoon2 , Xenoblade 2, Kart, Smash, and other unknown major titles coming out just this year, the Switch would have to do worse than the Wii U. The unified Nintendo software alone will assure this doesn't even come close to happening. Sorry.

I found another wrong predicition.

Oneeee-Chan!!! said:

I found another wrong predicition.

Nice for digging this one up, don't think I ever saw it.

XBO will be lucky to outsell the switch by even 10%.

PS4 might manage 2:1